Looking for work? The U.S. Census Bureau is hiring more than 500,000 people nationwide. Learn more.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: 'THEY JUST DON'T CARE'

Message 1 of 45

@gruffstuff 

My apologies, gruff.  Didn't mean to take your topic sideways.  Just wanted to point out that many of trumps supporters, who support the "liar-in-chief" claim to be Christians.  With all of the fraud he's been accused of, and found to be liable for, the adultery, the bigotry and racism, the sexism and misogyny, boasting he could kill a person and still be embraced, the hateful rhetoric, etc., the may as well be embracing Lucifer himself.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 45

Hi all,

This thread is starting to get off-topic. While you may have different opinions, please remember to be respectful of one another as our guidelines state: This is a diverse community of people with diverse opinions. It is up to each of us to be polite and treat each other with respect.

You can read the full guidelines here: http://community.aarp.org/t5/custom/page/page-id/Guidelines

Thanks and happy posting!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 45

@oceanedge2 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Or bringing up religion in a political discussion.
Sounds like your almost ready to comment on The Topic.  I could be wrong though.  hohum.

Strange that all these self-proclaimed Christians cannot come up with a single saying "written in red" that condones the Republican agenda of doing harm to the poor, women and foreigners. Nothing about "blessed are the rapacious, for their's is the fanciest condo on the beach." Or even a word about how the Righteous will use their political power to gain riches, and why we must persecute those who are not white.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 45

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

You also don't see God told Bush what to do or that trump embelishes Christian Values.

As a citizen, I am more interested in how Trump conducts the affairs of the United States rather than his relationship with God.  That is his business that he has to answer for.  That's nice and good for you.  As a citizen, I care about those who support a liar, an adulterer, a bigot, a racist and a misogynist and those who support them.  Feel free to care for what you wish, just as others do.

As far as baiting another poster, you are the one who inserted religion into this discussion. So?  Is there a reason? Just pointing out the hypocrisy. Not sure why that would bother a real Christian or a real American.

Ta-ta yourself...now maybe we can return to political discussions.  You can return to whatever you wish; as can I.  But thanks for your concern.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 45

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

You also don't see God told Bush what to do or that trump embelishes Christian Values.

As a citizen, I am more interested in how Trump conducts the affairs of the United States rather than his relationship with God.  That is his business that he has to answer for.

As far as baiting another poster, you are the one who inserted religion into this discussion. Is there a reason?  Baiting yourself? 

Ta-ta yourself...now maybe we can return to political discussions

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 45

@rker321 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Why should I or anyone listen to their views in our lives?  We have the New Testament scriptures.  I've not seen Christian Values #7 or any other number.  Or saying whether to vote Republican or Democrat in the Bible.  Or bringing up religion in a political discussion.

Agree 100% Religion has no place in any political discussion and yet........  laws in this country are made according to religious  beliefs. and not secular  and social issues.

I do believe in the separation of Religion and State and yet....  that line seems to be crossed a lot lately.

In most country's and most religions, laws and values are based on religious beliefs.  Some prefer not to mix the two when it doesn't serve their needs.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 45

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Where did that "Christian Value #7" come from?   From the scriptures or from someone's post?  Christian Bible Reference Site.  What about it?

So you are getting your information from a site besides the New Testament?  Yes, they have far more credibility than many.  If you wish to argue with them, feel free.

You can't get your information from the scriptures but have to do so from someone's opinion?  Why are you baiting another poster?

I note that your site is run by a husband and wife team, no doubt reflecting their views. With far more credibilty than some.  Feel free to argue with them.

Why should I or anyone listen to their views in our lives?  Wonderful.  Isn't it wonderful here in the US of A you can "listen to" whomever you like?  We have the New Testament scriptures.  I've not seen Christian Values #7 or any other number. So?

Or saying whether to vote Republican or Democrat in the Bible. So? Or bringing up religion in a political discussion.  So?  You also don't see God told Bush what to do or that trump embelishes Christian Values.

Ta-ta....

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 45

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Why don't you give the chapter and verse?   Try Colossians 3:2-4 as a start.

I'm going to consider that a final consession to the topic and posters.  No liars, political, religious or otherwise are going to "appear with Him in glory".  Pretty sure.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 45

@rker321 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@oceanedge2 wrote:

Chapter and verse Tx, when did Christ instruct us that all of his teaching about His Kindom was in no way to be connected to any who live in "this world"?

Why don't you give the chapter and verse?   Try Colossians 3:2-4 as a start.

Have a good day.

And I thougt you said that there was no place for religious  discussions in this message board?

Why don't you tell that to the other posters?  I didn't say that, you did.   I said about inserting religion in political discussions.  I wasn't the one who inserted religion into this.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 45

@rker321 wrote:

Agree 100% Religion has no place in any political discussion and yet........  laws in this country are made according to religious  beliefs. and not secular  and social issues.

Laws are based on morality and moral codes in a civilized society.  Western civilization had its moral code based on religion.  I believe that laws are based more upon maintaining good order rather than upon religion.  Where in the Christian teachings does it teach taking a person's life as punishment for any crimes?  Where does it teach going to war against other countries?

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors