You could save on auto insurance when you complete the AARP Smart Driver course! Get a free phone charging set with promo code AARP6.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: THE TRUTH ABOUT THE IRAN DEAL

Message 21 of 233

Runner, Romney and Bush both had the opportunity to serve in Viet Nam, a war that they both supported (Romney even counter-protested at Stanford when other students protested the war). So did Cheney. All of these men have children who could have served in war--Romney's five sons were a perfect age for Iraq, an invasion he supported. Bush's daughters could have served in the war their father started. Cheney's daughters also could have served. Thanks for underscoring the hypocrisy.

Two generations of chickenhawks.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 233

john258

"It looks like what the far right thinks they can do it incorrect, and might cause a walkout of our allies on any agreement. That will guarantee failure.  Once again we see the far right bringing misery to a country. They always do.  "

And, again, regardless of what country is involved, when Romney, Ryan, Cruz, Rubio, Boehner, McConnell, Bush, etc., send THEIR kids over, if they have any, than come talk to me.

Who knows...........maybe they ARE all STERILE.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 233

@Olderscout66 wrote:

IF Iran gets The Bomb, then what happens?

PERHAPS the Saudi's will rush to join them, because there's this centuries old religeous disagreement between them that is just as deadly as the one they have with Israel. PERHAPS not - it could also drive the Saudi's closer to the US.

The ONLY circumstance Iran could use the bomb would be in "self defense", and only when it looked like their country was being overrun by an agressor force and they "had nothing to lose".

The only potential agressors that could so overwhelm the Iranian military are the US and Russia.

The Russians are close enough to "lose a major city", we are not, so that leaves us as the only likely target.

Iran can't get the Bomb here, so it would be used against our troops or ships, and that drastically "ups the ante" for any US military agression like we were lied into undertaking in Iraq.

GOPerLords want war with Iran to replace the profits they lost when President Obama shut down jrbush's two misadventures in Iraq and Afghanistan, but being able to deceive the US into another worthless war WITH A NUCLEAR POWER is a non-starter.

The Reich's real opposition is not to disarmament, its to making war easier to forment. Big difference, especially for the heroic 1% who will carry the battle on behalf of the Evil 1%.

You bring up a really good point when you bring Russia in to this. It seems a lot of posters are forgetting there are other countries involved here, and they have to agree or nothing happens. When it was only the US having sanctions they did not work. They only worked when all nations imposed them. Russia fired what seems to be the first warning shot at the US yesterday about what is going on here. They lifted their ban on selling Iran air defence systems. They will now do it. This means Israel will not be able to bomb Iran as they can shoot their planes down. It would apply to us also. It looks like what the far right thinks they can do it incorrect, and might cause a walkout of our allies on any agreement. That will guarantee failure.  Once again we see the far right bringing misery to a country. They always do.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 233

Obviously, with Republican Chicken Hawks, military options is not a LAST resort.

And it's not THEIR kids that would be spilling blood and losing limbs. It's OTHER kids.

Well, if I can help, not any kids related to me.

https://www.pinterest.com/centaurea007/tyrants-jerks-eco-thugs-villains/

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 233

@cat2011 wrote:

He ignores the obvious, which is that President Obama is committed to diplomacy, with military force only a last resort.

That's a big difference.

The United States has never taken the military option off the table in it's history.....i.e.  "Walk softly but carry a big stick".

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 233

Good post, Tx. Rk is famous for his strawman arguments. His argument appears to be that--since President Obama didn't take the military option off the table--he is just as much a chickenhawk as all those neocons who signed the letter to the ayatollahs. He ignores the obvious, which is that President Obama is committed to diplomacy, with military force only a last resort.

That's a big difference.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 233

rk9152

"

"We cannot allow Iran to get a nuclear weapon. It would be a game-changer in the region. Not only would it threaten Israel, our strongest ally in the region and one of our strongest allies in the world, but it would also create a possibility of nuclear weapons falling into the hands of terrorists. And so it's unacceptable. And I will do everything that's required to prevent it. And we will never take military options off the table,"

Above are the words of President Obama as candidate Obama in 2008.

Now visualize yourself hearing those words from him and ask yourself if you are calling him a "war mongering Christian" or a "chicken hawk"? Would you be questioning his military record? Would you be suggesting that he be the first to pick up an M-1 and be the first to go? Would you be suggesting that he send his daughters in the first wave?

Or, would you be saying that he is a President capable of making the difficult decisions?

In other words, is your concept of right a wrong totally based on no more than what Obama said yesterday?

"

I don't care if it's Obama, Bush, Reagan, Kennedy, Truman, Eisehower or Lincoln. I would DISCOURAGE my sons, daughters, grandchildren, etc., from fighting in Iran. When I see THEIR kids going, then talk to me.

If you notice, practically ALL Republican and right wing pundits in my post HAVE NOT SERVED. Most of the Democrats listed HAVE SERVED. Regardless, I don't want my kids spilling their blood and guts over PARTISAN POLITICS.

https://www.pinterest.com/svanliew/open-your-eyes/

"Yeah, the people in power never seem to send their own children to the wars they start, let alone volunteer themselves. What does that say? "

Col. Wilkerson: If Americans Want Ground Forces To Fight ISIS, Let's Have A Draft

http://crooksandliars.com/2015/03/col-wilkerson-if-americans-want-ground

It's truly appalling to see how this nation swings over the span of 6 years from being war-weary to having a bloodlust for more of it. I'm sure Roger Ailes is patting himself on the back for his contribution to the war effort.

A recent Fox "News" poll showed that 65 percent supported military action to stop Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon, despite overwhelming evidence that using force would actually accelerate the process and further destabilize the region.

Worse yet, a recent Quinnipiac poll showed that 62 percent of voters support sending ground troops back to Iraq, which angered Colin Powell's former chief of staff, Col. Lawrence Wilkerson.

Wilkerson responded to the poll by saying, "If 62 percent of voters want to use ground forces against ISIS in Syria or Iraq or wherever, then I suggest we have a draft and we draft those 62 percent to lead the way."

You watch how fast those poll numbers would drop when their kids' numbers came up.

How about it, America? You ready to reinstate the draft to marshall those ground troops for Iraq? You ready to sacrifice YOUR son or daughter to fight a war in countries that should be dealing with this themselves?

President Obama's strategy of pressuring neighboring countries to do the work of dealing with problems in their own areas is the right one. If the Saudis are so worried, let them take care of business. It's their **bleep** neighborhood, after all.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 233

IF Iran gets The Bomb, then what happens?

PERHAPS the Saudi's will rush to join them, because there's this centuries old religeous disagreement between them that is just as deadly as the one they have with Israel. PERHAPS not - it could also drive the Saudi's closer to the US.

The ONLY circumstance Iran could use the bomb would be in "self defense", and only when it looked like their country was being overrun by an agressor force and they "had nothing to lose".

The only potential agressors that could so overwhelm the Iranian military are the US and Russia.

The Russians are close enough to "lose a major city", we are not, so that leaves us as the only likely target.

Iran can't get the Bomb here, so it would be used against our troops or ships, and that drastically "ups the ante" for any US military agression like we were lied into undertaking in Iraq.

GOPerLords want war with Iran to replace the profits they lost when President Obama shut down jrbush's two misadventures in Iraq and Afghanistan, but being able to deceive the US into another worthless war WITH A NUCLEAR POWER is a non-starter.

The Reich's real opposition is not to disarmament, its to making war easier to forment. Big difference, especially for the heroic 1% who will carry the battle on behalf of the Evil 1%.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 233

As usual, you respond with questions instead of simply answering what Runner posted:

Chas - That was a response to runners question in that it is fair to ask Obama the same question. And then an expansion in wondering if posters like you decide what is right and what is wrong based on Obama's most recent words.

What a crock! Only the GOPers will be troubled, and they have no brains and should be ignored as often as possible. And the GOPers will show their duplicity and cowardis

scout - does the word bipartisan totally escape your comprehension?

Or do you just send out a litany of insults with only passing notice to what you are posting about?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 233

rk9152 wrote:

rk - You really need another source besides FAUX - almost all the sanctions were a result of Congress telling the President to impose (whatever) and him doing it BY EXECUTIVE ORDER. There's no LAW involved, so what was imposed by EO can be DEposed the same way.

scout - if I understand you, the sanctions are in place because the Congress told the President to put them in place. Well, if that's the case, shouldn't it be the Congress telling him to take them out?? As a matter of fact, I seem to recall MSNBC reporting that - so your FAUX theory is shot down.

Imperial Presidents are those who send their young off to create EMPIRE - like invading and occupying countries who were no threat to us or our allies - like jrbush did.

That might make sense if it weren't for the bipartisan Congressional authorization. But, since there was a bipartisan Congressional authorization your theory is pretty much shot down. Another one bites the dust!!!

What a crock! Only the GOPers will be troubled, and they have no brains and should be ignored as often as possible. And the GOPers will show their duplicity and cowardis - giving the President RESPONSIBILITY that they shurked and then complaining when he exercises it.

Kudos
Views