Learn how to use Uber, Lyft and other ride-sharing services!  Register now for a free AARP webinar Nov. 18.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: THE SILENCE IS DEAFENING

Message 11 of 49

I wonder why when posters say Obama had POOR LEADERSHIP skills and then it is pointed out what HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENTS he achieved in his eight years in office (as I did in message 34 of this thread), that almost invariably, there is never a response.

This lack of response after delineating Obama's HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENTS has happened multiple times from many other posters, both here on these discussion boards and other discussion boards.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 49

@Soosie wrote:
@nctarheel......what I am watching is the statements made here. You said white people wanted a white president. If I said black people wanted a black president, I would be called every name one could imagine. What I have said in the past is Obama was not a good leader and it had nothing to do with the color of his skin. It was his leadership skills. These statements have always brought out the anger and the "How dare I say this?" He was the first black president and according to some here that makes him immune to any statement other than one of total praise. I would like to see some "equality" thinking here.

Think whatever you want, but Obama was a much better leader than Trump.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 49

@rk9152 wrote:

Since it started with the collapse of the housing market, how did the Republicans cause that?

You have obviously forgotten that BUSH'S Administration deregulated the mortgage market which allowed wholesale SUB-PRIME mortgages to be written for people that couldn't afford them. Then they turned these instruments into securities that were then traded in the market. The over-heated housing market slowed down, and people found themselves upside down on their mortgages so they just walked away from them because they couldn't afford them. It is this collapse of people being able to pay their mortgage that led to the collapse of the housing market in general.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 49

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:
@nctarheel......what I am watching is the statements made here. You said white people wanted a white president. If I said black people wanted a black president, I would be called every name one could imagine. What I have said in the past is Obama was not a good leader and it had nothing to do with the color of his skin. It was his leadership skills. These statements have always brought out the anger and the "How dare I say this?" He was the first black president and according to some here that makes him immune to any statement other than one of total praise. I would like to see some "equality" thinking here.

President Obama led us OUT of the second largest Republican created Worldwide economic disaster in History, created 2 million more jobs than Republicans had destroyed in the jrbush depression, eliminated Iran's nuclear weapons program and toppled Kaddaffi without losing a single American life and not a single member of his administration was convicted of any crime.

To claim he was a terrible President devoid of leadership skills is such an obvious lie the ones repeating it can only be doing so because they're racist - nothing else explains the willful disregard of the truth the GOP lies represent.

It's not hatred, it's decency that drives the attacks on Der Trumper and the Republicans who support it.

You seem to be basing your venom on the theory of a Republican caused recession. Since it started with the collapse of the housing market, how did the Republicans cause that?

Actually - you need to look up and learn about causes of the initial collapse that started Sept 18, 2008.

It had everything to do with the irresponsible republican actions that changed the rules - thereby allowing the making of bogus loans, bundling those bogus loans, over-valuing them, (bad dishonest crooked lying bankers)

The housing market proper was not the proximal cause of the recession.

That started about two months before the election and Dubya's administration's incompetent handling of it for the next four months before Obama took office was why the recession was as bad as it was.

it was caused by republicans  - and all of it started on the republican watch. 

The incompetent  GW Bush republicans didn't see that coming any more than they saw 911 coming - because they were - and are stupid.

It all started about four months before Obama took office.

It's entirely a republican caused snafu/fubar. 

As the two time-honored expressions go - "grow a pair" - and - "man up and own it".

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 49

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

President Obama led us OUT of the second largest Republican created Worldwide economic disaster in History, created 2 million more jobs than Republicans had destroyed in the jrbush depression, eliminated Iran's nuclear weapons program and toppled Kaddaffi without losing a single American life and not a single member of his administration was convicted of any crime.

To claim he was a terrible President devoid of leadership skills is such an obvious lie the ones repeating it can only be doing so because they're racist - nothing else explains the willful disregard of the truth the GOP lies represent.

It's not hatred, it's decency that drives the attacks on Der Trumper and the Republicans who support it.

You seem to be basing your venom on the theory of a Republican caused recession. Since it started with the collapse of the housing market, how did the Republicans cause that?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 49

@Soosie wrote:
You said white people wanted a white president. 

What I have said in the past is Obama was not a good leader and it had nothing to do with the color of his skin. It was his leadership skills. 

Obama saved the banking industry and the peripheral businesses that feed off of the banking industry, Obama saved the auto industry and the peripheral businesses that feed off of the auto industry. Obama had Osama bin Laden found and killed. Obama had Gaddafi overthrown without any American casualties. The stock market increased 149% during Obama's Administration. Over 11.3 million jobs were created during Obama's term in office. Like it or not, he had a HEALTH LAW passed that every President from Franklin Roosevelt to Obama had attempted to do.... but failed.

On the international front, he was well thought of and not considered a FOOL like TRUMP THE CHUMP IS.

So, @Soosie, on what basis are you making the statement that he was NOT a good leader? What leadership skills are you specifically referring to when you say that he had poor leadership skills?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 49

@Soosie wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 49
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 49

@Soosie wrote:
WHITE PEOPLE wanted a WHITE MALE PRESIDENT. @nctarheel......very racist statement.

@Soosie, I guess you did not pay attention to the 2016 election results.

Actually it wasn't racist at all since the election results bear my thesis out; however, if I did do something wrong, I wasn't specific enough so I am re-stating my thesis.

WHITE, LOWER EDUCATED, EVANGELICAL MEN wanted a WHITE MALE PRESIDENT.

While 63% of WHITE MEN voted for TRUMP THE CHUMP, when you factor in lack of education and look at WHITE MEN w/o college degrees, TRUMP THE CHUMP'S share of their vote zooms up to 71%, throw in that they are WHITE, and BORN AGAIN or EVANGELICAL and TRUMP THE CHUMP captured almost the entire segment..... 81% of the voters.

Funny thing is that Obama was such a strong candidate, he got some of the votes of the above people in both 2008 and 2012.

But no more in 2016.

Race and Gender became a factor based on the rhetoric of one, TRUMP THE CHUMP. He played to the BASE and it worked, just look at the figures.

As the NY TIMES rightly said, " Racial resentment was the strongest predictor of whether a voter flipped from Mr. Obama to Mr. Trump. It was the biggest driver among these voters.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 49

@Soosie wrote:
WHITE PEOPLE wanted a WHITE MALE PRESIDENT. @nctarheel......very racist statement.

Yep - one can call the truth racist - but it still remains the truth.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors