Medicare open enrollment begins Tuesday! Visit the AARP Medicare Resource Center for the information you need to make your best choices.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: THE SILENCE IS DEAFENING

Message 1 of 49

@rk9152 wrote:

The point was that to the left (including you) the Obama years always had a racial component. If nothing else, assuming that opposition to his policies was race based.

That you attribute there was a racial component to how the left felt when Obama's policies were challenged is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard anyone say.

You are basically saying that that the left is racist as a group? Racist toward those NOT BLACK.

I find it so interesting that TRUMP THE CHUMP supporters turn the definition of Racism on its head to make an argument the THEY were being faced with racism during the Obama years.

WHAT A RED HERRING!!!!

TRUMP THE CHUMP supporters made sure a minority group would not again enter THE WHITE HOUSE by electing TRUMP THE CHUMP.

Now, of course, we all know that the same people who complained about a RACIAL COMPONENT during the Obama Administration are the very same people that say there is NO RACIAL COMPONENT to TRUMP THE CHUMP'S comments below:

(1) GOOD NAZIS and GOOD WHITE SUPREMACIST

(2) AN EXTRAORDINARY LOW I.Q. BLACK CONGRESSWOMAN

(3) BLACK MAJORITY "**bleep**HOLE" COUNTRIES

(4) BROWN MEXICAN RAPISTS

(5) BLACK SONS OF BITCHES NFL PLAYERS

It is amazing how cults can redefine the truth.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 49

@rk9152 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Not to Soosie....but what about nc?

I am not sure to what you are referring to here.

My only involvement with @Soosie in this thread is asking her on what basis did she determine that PRESIDENT OBAMA  was NOT a good leader.

I pointed out that he guided the country through the worst recession since the Great Depression, saved both the auto and banking industry, killed bin Laden, turned a busted stock market into a booming one, and all of the other good things he did. Due to his leadership skills in that trying time, history will mark him as one of our best Presidents.

I expected her to return with her points relating to the statements she made about Obama's lack of leadership skills. I was sure that since she made the statements; that she would have examples to back up her claim.

But alas and alack, all I have heard is silence in response.......... JUST LIKE THE TITLE OF MY THREAD!!!!!!!!!!

The point was that to the left (including you) the Obama years always had a racial component. If nothing else, assuming that opposition to his policies was race based.

The incessant racist psychological projections, and clumsy failed attempts to gaslight by trump's bot and troll directed cultists have always been readily identifiable as obvious falsehoods - and - just like the little boy who cried wolf far too often - are no longer believed by any but other than equally deranged and hate-filled implicitly biased trump cultists that only differ from Jim Jones followers in that the kool-aid they drink only poisons their minds and souls, but leaves the body alive.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 49

@nctarheel wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

My only involvement with @Soosie in this thread is asking her on what basis did she determine that PRESIDENT OBAMA  was NOT a good leader.

I pointed out that he guided the country through the worst recession since the Great Depression, saved both the auto and banking industry, killed bin Laden, turned a busted stock market into a booming one, and all of the other good things he did. Due to his leadership skills in that trying time, history will mark him as one of our best Presidents.

I expected her to return with her points relating to the statements she made about Obama's lack of leadership skills. I was sure that since she made the statements; that she would have examples to back up her claim.

But alas and alack, all I have heard is silence in response.......... JUST LIKE THE TITLE OF MY THREAD!!!!!!!!!!

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 49

@rk9152 wrote:

@Cirice wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Cirice wrote:

@Soosie wrote:
@nctarheel......what I am watching is the statements made here. You said white people wanted a white president. If I said black people wanted a black president, I would be called every name one could imagine. What I have said in the past is Obama was not a good leader and it had nothing to do with the color of his skin. It was his leadership skills. These statements have always brought out the anger and the "How dare I say this?" He was the first black president and according to some here that makes him immune to any statement other than one of total praise. I would like to see some "equality" thinking here.

Think whatever you want, but Obama was a much better leader than Trump.

How does that address the racial issue which was the point of the post?

@Soosiesaid: "What I have said in the past is Obama was not a good leader and it had nothing to do with the color of his skin. It was his leadership skills."

That says to me that the point of the post was NOT a racial issue at all. Obama was a much better leader than Trump could ever even dream of being, so my comment perfectly addressed the post to which I replied.

I can recall any criticism of Obama being considered based on racism. scout used to refer to the President of the US as "the black man in the WH".

@Soosie is the one who made the comment above that I replied to. Not nc.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 49

@rk9152 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 49

@Cirice wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Cirice wrote:

@Soosie wrote:
@nctarheel......what I am watching is the statements made here. You said white people wanted a white president. If I said black people wanted a black president, I would be called every name one could imagine. What I have said in the past is Obama was not a good leader and it had nothing to do with the color of his skin. It was his leadership skills. These statements have always brought out the anger and the "How dare I say this?" He was the first black president and according to some here that makes him immune to any statement other than one of total praise. I would like to see some "equality" thinking here.

@Soosiesaid: "What I have said in the past is Obama was not a good leader and it had nothing to do with the color of his skin. It was his leadership skills."

That says to me that the point of the post was NOT a racial issue at all. Obama was a much better leader than Trump could ever even dream of being, so my comment perfectly addressed the post to which I replied.

I can recall any criticism of Obama being considered based on racism. scout used to refer to the President of the US as "the black man in the WH".

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 49

@rk9152 wrote:

@Cirice wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 49

@Cirice wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 49

@nctarheel wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Since it started with the collapse of the housing market, how did the Republicans cause that?

You have obviously forgotten that BUSH'S Administration deregulated the mortgage market which allowed wholesale SUB-PRIME mortgages to be written for people that couldn't afford them. Then they turned these instruments into securities that were then traded in the market. The over-heated housing market slowed down, and people found themselves upside down on their mortgages so they just walked away from them because they couldn't afford them. It is this collapse of people being able to pay their mortgage that led to the collapse of the housing market in general.

You're right - Bush did stupidly support the Dems in their quest to have everyone own a home whether they could afford it or not. But then, as posted elsewhere, let's not forget the attacks by the Dems when the problems at Freddie and Fannie were brought up and an effort was made to address them.

If you'd like to go deeper than "bad Bush, bad Bush" you might want to read this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_policies_and_the_subprime_mortgage_crisis

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 49
Think whatever you want, but Obama was a much better leader than Trump.@Cirice.....AND, the nice thing about our country is that we both can have our opinion.
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors