Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: THE NEW AXIS OF EVIL

Message 1 of 33

Actually the original topic post IS all about condemning and deriding trump for what the original topic poster considers trump's unconscionably irresponsible and less than rational decision to withdraw from the Paris Climate Agreements.

It is by definition the topic.

As the original topic post clearly and unambiguously stated -

"We are now the true laughing stock of the ENTIRE WORLD.

Trump needs to crawl back into the hole he came out of and play with his COVFEFE."

The appearance of an attempt to take the discussion off topic has been noted.

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 33

Considering the left is "discussing" with all the depth of  ".....bury their heads in very dark anatomical places.....". Insults to those of a differing point of view is really not to be considered seriously.

Now, what are we talking about "Global Warming" or "Climate Change"? Neither, based on post #1 we are talking about insults to President Trump. But, in any case, I contend we are really not taking about either one because I do not believe anyone has denied either. 

I know it is important to the "elitist" of the left to think they have all the answers and the "deplorables" and the "rubes" are just ignorant beings that should just shut up and let their "betters" make all the decisions for them. But, if the "elitist" are all that smart, how come they do not even know what the discussion is about - yet have all the answers?

The issue is really the Paris agreement and it's benefits and costs to our nation and our people - they should be the concern of the President and they are the concern of President Trump.

Everything in life is a trade off and intelligent people understand this - they make decisions considering all the factors. Others get caught up in a political religion and see it's High Priests as having the "answer" which cannot be challenged. A brief example - when you drive to the store for food, you pollute the air. Do you not drive, or do you consider the damage and the positives and decide based on both? Do you mitigate the problem with an electric car and convince yourself that the electricity was made totally purely? It's cold in the winter, do you shut the heat off, or do you drop the temp a degree or two? Or - as in the case under discussion, do you turn over all decisions and a pile of money to someone to make all those decisions for you?

Try less insults and more depth and the discussion can be a lot more interesting. You may be able to offer logic as to where I am wrong. But how am I to offer logic about "a very dark anatomical place"??

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 33

A fisher--Trump relies on the ignorance of his base, and his base on the lies of alt. Right sites. 

I would think their ignorance was sad, however, in view of the severity of the problem, it is just dangerous.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 33

Donald supporters are really scraping the bottom of the barrel in their "discussion".   They have decided that trolling is a sufficient comment.    WOW

Meanwhile they ignore reality, which is about AGW, which the GOP have tried to rebrand as Climate Change.     They have progressed to the extent of admitting the relevance of carbon dioxide and then bury their heads in very dark anatomical places to ignore both methane and sulfur dioxide, when discussing the air pollution of a city.   

Yes, sulfur dioxide is a by product of fossil fuel combustion.    Perhaps donald supporters should learn to read and think, before they resort to trolling and proving to everyone that they are quite ignorant of the topic under discussion.    Again:   AGW=Climate Change.

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 33

@pc6063 wrote:

OS--If I could give you a thousand kudos for your post, I would! Thank you!!

And cent kudoes a "thank you" to scout. It is a tight little world there in the klatch.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 33

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

The Paris agreement did not effect our air - we can clean it up if we want.

Who are "we"? The Right Wing? If so, no one can or will expect them to ever clean the air or anything else in the environment up. In fact, if anything, they can be expected to increase pollution just as Trump did when he made his early executive order allowing the coal industry to dump their solvent laden sludge into our waterways.

rk has given a perfect synopsis of Republican dogma - they ONLY want to do what they want to do. Never a compulsion, like being forced to pay for the damage their business causes, the wars their politicians start, the misery and broken families their absurd drug laws create and most definately not the disappearance of the Middle Class as all the income gets redistributed to the very top of the 1%.

rk thinks you screwed up your your supposed quote, he didn't do that big red stuff.

However, there is much to your thinking - we, as Americans, should do what we see as beneficial to America. Overlooking for the moment (if you can) your obsessions with the people with a buck or two more then you, what mindset would you want from an American President?? Remember the topic is climate change.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 33

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@pc6063 wrote:

RK--As pollution has spread within the United States the incidence of asthma, especially in children, has risen.  Does that sound like a breathing problem to you?

Has air pollution not been cleaned up? Look at Pittsburgh.

OK, let's look at Pittsburgh.

Poor Air Quality Linked To High Asthma Rate In Pittsburgh Children

http://wesa.fm/post/poor-air-quality-linked-high-asthma-rate-pittsburgh-children#stream/0

One lefty says they stopped burning coal to clean the air (I believe that was about a half century ago) and now another lefty says kids are getting asthma.

Work it out among yourselves and we'll reconnect.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 33

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@pc6063 wrote:

RK--As pollution has spread within the United States the incidence of asthma, especially in children, has risen.  Does that sound like a breathing problem to you?

http://wesa.fm/post/poor-air-quality-linked-high-asthma-rate-pittsburgh-children#stream/0 

Climate Change is all about controlling the emissions of CO2 through the use of high carbon taxes which punish the biggest users and that money is to be exported to poorer (high polution) countries.  Asthma is NOT caused by CO2 or even methane.

Asthma Triggers

• Outdoor allergens, such as pollens from grass, trees and weeds
  • Indoor allergens, such as pet dander, dust mites and mold
  • Certain drugs and food additives
  • Irritants in the air, such as smoke, chemical fumes and strong odors
  • Colds, the flu or other illnesses
  • Exercise (although people with asthma can benefit from some exercise)
  • Stress
  • Weather conditions, such as cold air or extremely dry, wet or windy weather

http://acaai.org/asthma/about

Do you really believe the only pollutant that occurs when you burn coal is C02?

pc2qyz4qospljidmedvi.png

Oh, I forgot - only my home is heated with gas and my car runs on gas.  The left uses coal for their heat and cars.  Most don't use coal except for utility companies and they use scrubbers to remove most particulates.  I guess the left didn't know this.

Still wrong.

"Allegheny County currently does not meet the federal standards for fine particulate matter (PM 2.5), sulfur dioxide (SO2) and ozone (smog). Each can cause breathing problems, especially for children, the elderly and people with asthma."

http://publicsource.org/explainer-what-you-should-know-about-pittsburghs-air-quality/

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 33

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@pc6063 wrote:

Climate Change is all about controlling the emissions of CO2 through the use of high carbon taxes which punish the biggest users and that money is to be exported to poorer (high polution) countries.  Asthma is NOT caused by CO2 or even methane.

Asthma Triggers

• Outdoor allergens, such as pollens from grass, trees and weeds
  • Indoor allergens, such as pet dander, dust mites and mold
  • Certain drugs and food additives
  • Irritants in the air, such as smoke, chemical fumes and strong odors
  • Colds, the flu or other illnesses
  • Exercise (although people with asthma can benefit from some exercise)
  • Stress
  • Weather conditions, such as cold air or extremely dry, wet or windy weather

http://acaai.org/asthma/about

Do you really believe the only pollutant that occurs when you burn coal is C02?

pc2qyz4qospljidmedvi.png

Oh, I forgot - only my home is heated with gas and my car runs on gas.  The left uses coal for their heat and cars.  Most don't use coal except for utility companies and they use scrubbers to remove most particulates.  I guess the left didn't know this.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 33

OS--If I could give you a thousand kudos for your post, I would! Thank you!!

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views