Honored Social Butterfly

THE LINCOLN PROJECT

As you all know I am still a registered Republican and I realize that many in this message board are not. I really wish to make sure that fortunately in the present. there are many Republicans that will not  vote for this idiot in the white House. please understand that we will need all of us together to defeat the aberration that has taken over the White House.
https://www.facebook.com/thelincolnproject.us

We may not see or have the same ideas on how to deal with government  but we will do it together if we defeat  this Administration.  American of all races and ideas need to pull together to win.

no name
Honored Social Butterfly

Unlike Trump Cult members, the Lincoln Project is made up of REAL REPUBLICANS. You know, people who believe in:

• The Constitution
  • Lowering the Deficit and the Debt
  • Free Trade / No Tariffs
  • Supporting our NATO allies
  • Standing up to Russia
  • Standing up to Kim Jong Un in North Korea
  • Respect for Law Enforcement, especially the FBI
  • Supporting a FREE PRESS
Honored Social Butterfly

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Unlike Trump Cult members, the Lincoln Project is made up of REAL REPUBLICANS. You know, people who believe in:

• The Constitution
  • Lowering the Deficit and the Debt
  • Free Trade / No Tariffs
  • Supporting our NATO allies
  • Standing up to Russia
  • Standing up to Kim Jong Un in North Korea
  • Respect for Law Enforcement, especially the FBI
  • Supporting a FREE PRESS

And not having a treasonous corrupt moron in the White House!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I think it will be very easy for a bunch of conservatives to vote for an old white guy.  They will favor white over orange.....

Honored Social Butterfly

@ManicProgressive   That generation is dying and now more than ever with this virus. He is so stupid that he, with his policies  is killing the ones that could vote for him

no name
Honored Social Butterfly

What I find interesting, is that the Lincoln Project’s former “real” conservative Republicans, know exactly how and where to go after trump. Their ads reflect that...but are also truthful. 
It’s something that Dems need to take to heart, be more aggressive, many repubs don’t play nice and lie to make a point. 
But here with the LP, Dems can see how to be more pointed, but still be honest.  

Honored Social Butterfly

@williamb39198    Whatever your ideas may be about Republicans ,please keep them when there is a balance Congress and Senators that will do their job instead of being too afraid to make the idiot in the White House angry.
This is not the time to be partisan, this is the time to eject the idiot in the White House with whatever means we can.
For all that do not follow the Lincoln Project there are 288K likes for this FB page. I have to believe that is telling the rest of the idiots something.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=573082193408316&external_log_id=3c84562c-0b6f-4b7b-b593-af6fdf6e77...

no name
Honored Social Butterfly

So how can you be nonpartisan when trump repubs refuse to be? Their form of compromise, along with trump and mitch, is to tell Dems that they will compromise, if Dems do everything their way. Currently, we have to deal with reality, not wishful thinking. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@williamb39198 So how can you be nonpartisan when trump repubs refuse to be? Their form of compromise, along with trump and mitch, is to tell Dems that they will compromise, if Dems do everything their way. Currently, we have to deal with reality, not wishful thinking. 

First of all, I am not a Trump Republican. and a non follower. I am sure that you realize that by my posts. but, I am a Republican. I also do not believe that the Republican that are now in the Senate and in the House can actually say that thy are Republicans. also. 
It is unfortunate, that at this time in the history of this country division is by far a lot more important than whatever political party you happen to be registered. There are many Republicans like myself. and this post is trying to say that. We need the unity of Americans, not the unity of Parties.  if we cannot accomplish that then you could be correct. and we will loose the elections.

no name
Honored Social Butterfly

This is not about your party affiliation, it is about the reality of our current situation. If trump is defeated, perhaps we can work on nonpartisanship, but if trump is re-elected, we can forget about any cooperation between parties...trump doesn’t like to work with others. 
Now, we have to focus on defeating him. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@williamb39198  If Trump is re elected, we may as well say bye bye to our Democracy as we know it.
If we do not change the Senate, there is no way that we are going to change what those Trump followers in the Senate will do..
But that is not what we are speaking about. we are speaking about trying to defeat a cult of followers, that are in many ways infecting this society.
The point that I am trying to make that it will not only be the Democrat that will defeat Trump. it will be many Independents, and many Republicans like myself. trying to put us aside is not the way to unite a country, If  we are not willing to open our arms around the ones that want this man out of the white house you will not win an election.
The white culture in this country is very deep and ingrained in many, and loosing the position of power is much too important for many.
This is not the time to call anyone Democrat or Republicans, lets all call ourselves Americans.
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=551260832208238&external_log_id=bc44be922ee1b23d8847a2b68e685c26&q...

no name
Honored Social Butterfly

I said bye bye to the democracy 4 years ago. What we got now is total authoritarian.
Honored Social Butterfly

Tom, and it’s going to take work to bring it back. 
And to Rox, the Lincoln project is trying to embrace many people of all political persuasions, I feel...to defeat trump.

I’m a registered Independent, lean towards Dem, but have voted repub (although I will not currently). And will not toss away my vote, for Indie, or Green. 
We need to keep the House, regain the Senate, and beat trump. If I had to take 2 out of 3, keep the House, and take the Senate. In my mind, there would at least be some counterbalance to trump...but certainly want him defeated also. 
We’ll need every vote that we can get, but don’t waste time with core trump supporters...support voting, voting rights, and mail in voting...put effort into those that we need, for their vote. 
We can make a difference together. 

Honored Social Butterfly

lots of work William!!!! First we need to get rid of the big bums and all his ilk, and enablers in Congress.
Honored Social Butterfly

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png