THE KIDS ARE CRYING & BEGGING FOR THEIR PARENTS

Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: THE KIDS ARE CRYING & BEGGING FOR THEIR PARENTS

Message 81 of 108

Richva -Angel -I can't imagine my child standing there crying sobbing, and NO ONE can comfort her. And I know some of you say, Oh she''s illegal,"  no she's an innocent child. Have some compassion for GODS Sake. Be a Parent not a Trumpster for once!!------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------If they were good parents they wouldn`t have brought their kids 1200  miles across Mexico and illegally cross the US border where they knew ,if caught, might be separated from their kids.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 82 of 108

@easyed598 wrote:

Richva wrote-I am pretty sure they were not pulled from their parents by armed officers and placed in a tent in Texas for the summer. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Sort of reminds me when Elian Gonzalez was pulled from the arms of his relatives in Miami by Armed officers under the Clinton administration and authorized by Janet Reno,who was just following the law.

Yes. That sucked too. Significantly different and almost no points of comparison but we are used to that from the right when they try to defend the indefensible.  That was a custody dispute and the child was taken back to his father in Cuba, not held in a tent in the middle of Texas like some kind of internment camp but there WAS a child involved and there WERE armed officers involved.   I sometimes wonder if Trump's inability to read is more prevalent among Republicans than we know.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 83 of 108

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Our two year old daughter cried and held me tight when I got out of the car at my company area.  But months later when they joined us, she held me tight on the way from Ramstein to Grafenwohr, but she didn't suffer any permanent effects.

Was she held within the confines of a chain-link fence during the separation?

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (13 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 84 of 108

Critical wrote-Most Americans don't know any illegal immigrants and they have virtually no impact on their lives-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Depends on where you live but sure I wouldn`t want  to visit San Francisco these days where you have to step over homeless people ,which most seem to be  illegal  hispanics. My old neighborhood is where I spent a lot of my youth is 98% hispanics but I can`t tell if they are legal or illegal but it used to be a nice neighborhood.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 85 of 108

@angeleyes64 wrote:
So then that makes this Ok in your eyes. Why is everyones past making this Ok?
The past is just that the past. This is NOW.

Apparently you are dismissing Ed's post because it is a personal experience, and we're not shedding crocodile tears.  The same happened to me, although it is from the parents point of view.  And we, Ed and I and family, got over it.

“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself”. . . FDR
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 86 of 108
So then that makes this Ok in your eyes. Why is everyones past making this Ok?
The past is just that the past. This is NOW.
Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 87 of 108

Richva wrote-I am pretty sure they were not pulled from their parents by armed officers and placed in a tent in Texas for the summer. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Sort of reminds me when Elian Gonzalez was pulled from the arms of his relatives in Miami by Armed officers under the Clinton administration and authorized by Janet Reno,who was just following the law.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 88 of 108

@easyed598 wrote:

Angel wrote-Put yourself in their shoes as a parent, just for 1 time think as a parent, and not as Politics.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------There are millions of children in this country who are separated from parents for various reasons.  When I was young I was separated from my parents.                                                                          

Similar to what my children went through when our brigade was deployed to Germany in 1975.  Dependents wasn't allowed for months.  Our two year old daughter cried and held me tight when I got out of the car at my company area.  But months later when they joined us, she held me tight on the way from Ramstein to Grafenwohr, but she didn't suffer any permanent effects.

These children were probably more affected by the travel from their home country and sneaking into our country.  I've seen children who has been through a lot more than a short separation.

“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself”. . . FDR
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 89 of 108

@ Richva
I saw a lot of tents, how do you know how long or where they will be? Something we all didn't see on FOX?
I do not know how they were taken from the parents, but I did hear they are not allowed to be comforted or hugged, as seen by a Dr. who visited a cage. I did see a little  girl sobbing and looking up, no one paying a bit of attention to her. This is OK? 
I can't imagine my child standing there crying sobbing, and NO ONE can comfort her. And I know some of you say, Oh she''s illegal,"  no she's an innocent child. Have some compassion for GODS Sake. Be a Parent not a Trumpster for once!!

Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

THE KIDS ARE CRYING & BEGGING FOR THEIR PARENTS

Message 90 of 108

Most Americans don't know any illegal immigrants and they have virtually no impact on their lives. But years of Fox firing up the base has turned it into a major issue for Fox's low IQ viewers If only they knew, this is not a major issue for America. We have far bigger ones to face. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors