Live Your Best Life With Rewards for Good. Start Earning Reward Points Now. Get Started Now!

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: THE HEARTBEAT OF RACISM IS DENIAL

Message 51 of 66

NerdyMom wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Alternately, obsession with a wrong definition of a word so as to fit into the blind hatred of our President could be a form of denial - the denial of truth.

Example - there are horribly dysfunctional nations. Moving the discussion to one word and assigning "racism" to it is certainly a case of denial - denying the truth of the nations under discussion.

This is the textbook definition of racism.  A person in power determining specific policies that elevate one race and oppress another. 

a : a doctrine or political program based on the assumption of racism and designed to execute its principles

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/racism

Your definition is fine, it just doesn't apply. Remember, he was talking about nations whose own citizens are fleeing - how is mentioning that racist?

Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 52 of 66

phyllisc6781 wrote:

I see a lot of hatred being thrown around since trump rode his ignorant foolish behind down that escalator. It is not coming from the left,  however.

And each time he opens his mouth or starts using his little hands to tweet out his ridiculously ignorant messages, that hate exponentially grows. 

Gee, I miss having a real president!

I don't think it started that soon - the left didn't take him seriously. But once he won, the moon howling, pussyhat parades, the "Resistance", boycotting of events, etc. went nuts.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 53 of 66

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Alternately, obsession with a wrong definition of a word so as to fit into the blind hatred of our President could be a form of denial - the denial of truth.

Example - there are horribly dysfunctional nations. Moving the discussion to one word and assigning "racism" to it is certainly a case of denial - denying the truth of the nations under discussion.

If Trump meant "highly dysfunctional nations" then why didn't he say that?

Was the discussion not about such nations? Politely stated, impolitely stated does not change the essence of the discussion.
Why do you deny the truth of what trump said in it's
entirety? 

In it's entirety it was about such nations. No denial on my part.

Even so ..... America, in it's history, has always accepted immigrants from nations that were "dysfunctional" in some way at the time. Immigrants from Greece during their civil war, the Irish (my ancestors were Irish) for similar reasons, from countries experiencing catastrophes, tyranny, and many others for many reasons.

Get over it !!! Trump made a stupid crass racist statement and you cannot rationally or intellectually defend him from the truth or from the negative consequences.

Nothing racist in his comment. 

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 54 of 66

rk9152 wrote:

This is the textbook definition of racism.  A person in power determining specific policies that elevate one race and oppress another. 

a : a doctrine or political program based on the assumption of racism and designed to execute its principles

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/racism

Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 55 of 66

I see a lot of hatred being thrown around since trump rode his ignorant foolish behind down that escalator. It is not coming from the left,  however.

And each time he opens his mouth or starts using his little hands to tweet out his ridiculously ignorant messages, that hate exponentially grows. 

Message 56 of 66

Blind hatred! Don’t think so. Hate takes so much energy and gnaws away at you. Perhaps trump might want to do some internal observations as to why he hates so much!? That’s a real stretch isn’t it. 

For myself, I prefer to think of it as being severe dislike with open eyes!

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 57 of 66

rk9152 wrote:

If Trump meant "highly dysfunctional nations" then why didn't he say that?
Why do you deny the truth of what trump said in it's entirety? 

Even so ..... America, in it's history, has always accepted immigrants from nations that were "dysfunctional" in some way at the time. Immigrants from Greece during their civil war, the Irish (my ancestors were Irish) for similar reasons, from countries experiencing catastrophes, tyranny, and many others for many reasons.

Get over it !!! Trump made a stupid crass racist statement and you cannot rationally or intellectually defend him from the truth or from the negative consequences.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 58 of 66

Message 59 of 66

@williamb39198—You forgot another ludicrous claim racists make, which is that blacks need to “be taken care of.” 

One way racists convince themselves what they are doing is ok is to come up with stupid hairbrained reasonings such as this. 

We even have a poster who posted some of this sick and dysfunctional reasoning last year, all the while denying he is a racist. 

The ones who need to receive help are the racists—peolonged therapy to get to the bottom of their deep hatred and dysfunction.

Highlighted

Message 60 of 66

Sorry my participation is on and off, having trouble getting logged in. Have been contacting the AARP office. 

I think one thing that racists do, just like they keep repeating the same old rhetoric, they have convinced themselves that people of color want to do them harm...shot, stab, rob, or blow up. And they are afraid...even though they need to watch out for the crazy white people out there in the world. But I really think that they fear non white citizens will excel in life ahead of them, might be smarter, might be nicer people, might be more patriotic...I think that most of us embrace and admire people with those positive attributes, not fear them, no matter the color of their skin. Wouldn’t that help make the world a better place? Besides, maybe they might want to help others to become better citizens!

trump doesn’t have a clue

Announcements
Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families download this free guide developed by AARP to help make caregiving more manageable. It includes information on how to have vital conversations with older family members, organize important documents, assess your loved one's needs and locate important resources.
Top Kudoed Authors