Hundreds of Member Benefits. One Convenient Place to Explore Them. Check it Out!

Frequent Social Butterfly

Re: THE HEARTBEAT OF RACISM IS DENIAL

Message 61 of 66

Yup, just like trump,  racists bring other racists to them like magnets. Yet, many will deny it or pretend it isn’t so. Oh, they may brag about it to their friends, fellow simpletons, but in full view of all, they deny or act offended when someone tells them they are racist. 

We see evidence of it in the public realm and right here within this forum. It all comes down to cowardice. 

They deny diversity is good because they are afraid, and they deny they are racist to the general public because they are afraid. Racists are an abhorrent lot.

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 62 of 66

When our reality is too ugly, we deny reality. It is too painful to look at. Reality is too hard to accept.

I don't know if I agree with that, the racists I knew in my life didn't think it was ugly, they celebrated it, told stories about it, made jokes about it, they were proud of it.

In context they built statues to it, passed laws to institutionalize it, named schools after it, made heroes of those that defended it, they flew it's flag over state capitols.

They ran for public office on it, and won                                   

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 63 of 66

keep in mind election in 10 months. Vote out everyone with an R behind their name as the first step to ending Trump. That will go down in history as the people taking action to get rid of the worst President we have ever had.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 64 of 66

Lord, the way they will write about this administration in the history books.   The Republicans should grow some and take a stand, denounce this now.

Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 65 of 66

Seems that there are many in denial within the trump group. 

What is so telling about their racism is the way that they get so 

defensive. Then again, they are just racists. 

Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly

THE HEARTBEAT OF RACISM IS DENIAL

Message 66 of 66

The Heartbeat of Racism Is Denial - The New York Times

Denying is self-identification...

It's appreciated...

Have pity for Melania - she hasn't yet got rid of that ugly fat.
Announcements
Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families download this free guide developed by AARP to help make caregiving more manageable. It includes information on how to have vital conversations with older family members, organize important documents, assess your loved one's needs and locate important resources.
Top Kudoed Authors