Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: THE GOLAN HEIGHTS ISSUE

Message 1 of 49

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
How do you deal with nations that chant "death to America" and are openly committed to genocide of the Jewish people? and the destruction of Israel?

The middle east is basically a killing field and this what happens when hate and deceit reign supreme.

Golda Meir said it best ... "We can forgive the Arabs for killing our children. We cannot forgive them for forcing us to kill their children. We will only have peace with the Arabs when they love their children more than they hate us."
_________________________________________________________________________________

I answered that question for you some time ago. Yes the middle east has been a killing field and one cause of that are the far right religious who support their religious views over what is needed to solve a problem.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 49
How do you deal with nations that chant "death to America" and are openly committed to genocide of the Jewish people? and the destruction of Israel?

The middle east is basically a killing field and this what happens when hate and deceit reign supreme.

Golda Meir said it best ... "We can forgive the Arabs for killing our children. We cannot forgive them for forcing us to kill their children. We will only have peace with the Arabs when they love their children more than they hate us."

liberals have rejected civility
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 49

Many points and historical markers having been presented here. 

Does it come down to a matter of trust. Here we have two wanna be dictators making decisions for their countries which will also affect others in the world. Between trump and netanyahu, can we trust them to make the right decision for our countries and to benefit the rest of the world. Both are up for potentially being charged with wrong doing, and only support far right supporters and opinions...is that for the best?

Trust them to do the right thing?...my

answer is a definite no!

We can’t trust trump to make good decisions for us or anyone. Is netan far behind?

And where is jared? Hanging with the saudi prince? They are all working together and creating a very nice Middle East mess!

If God has sent these people to fix problems, God may be having second thoughts!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 49

This latest news on top of the older news needs attention. Here we go again - imo....going into territories that since their creations could never reach a peaceful "state".

First....Dec. 7,2017 - CNN- "Why declaring Jerusalem the capital of Israel is so controversial"

https://www.cnn.com/2017/12/05/middleast/trump-jerusalem-explainer-intl/index.html

Now...NPR - Mar. 25, 2019- "Trump Formally Recognizes Israeli Sovereignty Over Golan Heights"

https://www.npr.org/2019/03/25/706588932/trump-formally-recognizes-israeli-sovereignty-over-golan-he...

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 49

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Looks like we MIGHT get out of Syria with an actual "mission accomplished" - ISIS gone from the board for the foreseeable future, and minimal US casualties, no thanks to Cadet Bonespurs for doubling our KIAs with his taunt and almost losing our Kurdish support with his Bromance with Turkey's current despot.

Now if we can just get rid of Cadet Bonespurs come next November, restore our Iran deal and keep the mideast a "one-nuke neighborhood" (Israel), we should be able to get all the way out of jrbush's fiasco in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I am not to sure of that. ISIS did an attack I think it was yesterday so they are still there. They will not control any land, but looks like they will be terror. Syria will return to the way it was before whith the same President it had, and Russia will be the new power broker. That is one reason you see the PM of Israel spending time in Russia. The US has become a non player thanks to Trump.

Note of caution to you on the Kurds. Here is some background. The Kurds are a group of people that live in Syria, Iraq, Turkey, Iran. Before WW1 they had something like their own country. They lost that when the Europeans drew up the new countries. The Kurds then opened their fight for their own country, and became the terrorists in all the countries. In Turkey they are the PKK. They had different names in the other countries. Iraq fought them for years. Even gassed them. Iran, Syria, Turkey all fought them for years. The PKK would flee to the Kurd area of Iraq after terrorist attacks in Turkey. Turkey sent its AF in many times, and even sent ground troops in. When I was in Turkey there was a PKK  bombing in a city park near where I was staying. 4 dead. The Kurds in Iraq made a deal with the govt of Iraq to have their own state like area in N. Iraq. They made a deal with Turkey not to allow the PKK to come into their area, and that deal seems to have held. The Kurds in Syria helped the PKK by allowing them to come into their area in N. Syria, and visa versus. That is why both Syria, and Turkey are still fighting them as terrorists, and this will not change in the near future. Yes Turkey is now a Dictatorship they went the same path Trump is going. Keep in mind Trump had a hand in this. Trump has business in Turkey. Flynn was a paid agent for the current Dictator of Turkey. Trump wanted to shut Turkey up after the killing of the reporter from the Washington Post in Turkey by SA. Trump looked at taking an person who lived in PA (ex Turkish citizen) and sending him back to Turkey to be killed because the Pres. of Turkey wanted him. The plan was to allow Turkish agents to seize him and take him back. Trump was talked out of it. Flynn tried to get this person few years ago by normal means, and was stopped by our courts.  These guys are all tied together so do not be fooled. They are all far right, and killing people is what they all like todo.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 49

Looks like we MIGHT get out of Syria with an actual "mission accomplished" - ISIS gone from the board for the foreseeable future, and minimal US casualties, no thanks to Cadet Bonespurs for doubling our KIAs with his taunt and almost losing our Kurdish support with his Bromance with Turkey's current despot.

Now if we can just get rid of Cadet Bonespurs come next November, restore our Iran deal and keep the mideast a "one-nuke neighborhood" (Israel), we should be able to get all the way out of jrbush's fiasco in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 49

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Geopolitics does not operate according to the rules that apply within a society.

Syria and her arab allies launched an attack designed to wipe Israel off the map. They lost, and in losing also lost the territory they used to launch the attack, and had been using to shell Israeli settlements for years. It's been 52 years, the Golan is NOT going back to Syria ;so they can use it as a platform to attack Israel, which is the only strategic value it has for Syria.

The Crimea was ceded to Ukraine one drunken night by Kruchev, a Native Ukrainian. It includes Russias ONLY warm water port and is therefore a vital economic and military asset. It's transfer to Russia SHOULD have been negotiated when the USSR dissolved. That said, we should do all we can to arm the Ukrainians to defend the rest of their country from further Russian aggression.

Just to add a few thoughts.

1. I think you are correct in para. 1. Everyone has accepted that fact for some years. The Jordan river headwaters start in the Golan area, and the river is a main source of fresh water for Israel. It is used to water food crops. Both countries have worked together over the years to make sure nothing interfered with that. That was a start. What you see now is one far right Dictator (Trump) trying to get another far right wanna be dictator in Israel relected, and Trump as usual just causes another mess. We see demonstrations in Syria, and quite a few European countries reacting with a no. So now we have a new problem created. The leaders of both countries are far right, and lack honesty. In Israel they are about to charge their PM. In the US Trump has been a mob boss all his life, and everything and everybody he touches he destroys.

2. I agree with you on 2. I have been in the old SU, and the new Russia, but have never been to that part,  but know the story from people living there.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 49

@john258 wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
Israel has a right to exist. Israel is the homeland of the Jews.

Start there ... and we'll go on. Once we disagree we'll debate it... you in?

No one will decide that but the people who live there. I do not waste time on a subject with some one who does not care what the people of the area want, and tries to take a very serious problem to their set of religious beliefs. One of the main problems in the area is far right of each faith trying to force their beliefs on all. Sadly there are a lot of far right Christians here in the US who support that in that area and have done nothing but make the problem worse. When in the area I happened to meet a person from my home area here in the US who was with a religious tour group hosted by his father. He told me. Never visit this area with a religious tour as you will drown in nonsense. It was a far right group. What furthers my thought on wasting time when a person is proud to stand for what the far right stands for, and seems to think it leaders over time have been ok when in fact they have been killers. Hitler created the need for  a homeland for the Jews by trying to wipe them out. The Jewish and all people should be free to live where they want. We know that is something the far right does not think is true as today Trump would drive people out of the US just like Hitler did in Germany.

You can't say it, can you....that Israel has the right to EXIST.  That's too bad and speaks volumns.

We be done here.... Bless your heart

liberals have rejected civility
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 49

Geopolitics does not operate according to the rules that apply within a society.

Syria and her arab allies launched an attack designed to wipe Israel off the map. They lost, and in losing also lost the territory they used to launch the attack, and had been using to shell Israeli settlements for years. It's been 52 years, the Golan is NOT going back to Syria ;so they can use it as a platform to attack Israel, which is the only strategic value it has for Syria.

The Crimea was ceded to Ukraine one drunken night by Kruchev, a Native Ukrainian. It includes Russias ONLY warm water port and is therefore a vital economic and military asset. It's transfer to Russia SHOULD have been negotiated when the USSR dissolved. That said, we should do all we can to arm the Ukrainians to defend the rest of their country from further Russian aggression.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 49

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
Israel has a right to exist. Israel is the homeland of the Jews.

Start there ... and we'll go on. Once we disagree we'll debate it... you in?

No one will decide that but the people who live there. I do not waste time on a subject with some one who does not care what the people of the area want, and tries to take a very serious problem to their set of religious beliefs. One of the main problems in the area is far right of each faith trying to force their beliefs on all. Sadly there are a lot of far right Christians here in the US who support that in that area and have done nothing but make the problem worse. When in the area I happened to meet a person from my home area here in the US who was with a religious tour group hosted by his father. He told me. Never visit this area with a religious tour as you will drown in nonsense. It was a far right group. What furthers my thought on wasting time when a person is proud to stand for what the far right stands for, and seems to think it leaders over time have been ok when in fact they have been killers. Hitler created the need for  a homeland for the Jews by trying to wipe them out. The Jewish and all people should be free to live where they want. We know that is something the far right does not think is true as today Trump would drive people out of the US just like Hitler did in Germany.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors