Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: THE GOLAN HEIGHTS ISSUE

Message 21 of 49

@Olderscout66 wrote:

So long as the Golan was in Syrian hands it was used to stage attacks on Israeli civilians

So long as Gaza has been in Hamas hands, it has been used to stage attacks on Israel.

So longas the West Bank was in Palestinian hands, it was used as a base to attakc Israle

Really think giving back the land will change the use the Arabs put it to?

Palestinians HAVE a homeland -JORDAN. The fact their arab brothers have kept them "refugees" so they would attack Israe from within is not a reason to make it easier for them to attack Israel from without.

There are few attacks from the West Bank, and they go both ways. If you ever get to visit the West Bank you will see the damage the far right Israels have done to the people living there. They came in took a lot of land they did not own or pay for and built settlements, then stole more land to build fenced roads back to Israel. Yes I have been there and seen. Even most of the Israel people know it was wrong, and want a 2 State solution. Get rid of the far right on both sides and the problem can solved.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 49

So long as the Golan was in Syrian hands it was used to stage attacks on Israeli civilians

So long as Gaza has been in Hamas hands, it has been used to stage attacks on Israel.

So longas the West Bank was in Palestinian hands, it was used as a base to attakc Israle

Really think giving back the land will change the use the Arabs put it to?

Palestinians HAVE a homeland -JORDAN. The fact their arab brothers have kept them "refugees" so they would attack Israe from within is not a reason to make it easier for them to attack Israel from without.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 49

Disregarding of what many posters say about the Middle East and the causes for what is happening today I am still concerned  that when all of this calms down and now Israel has the Golan Heights, which they did win in the 6 day war, no question about that.

What will the Saudis do? I really don't care whether they hate each other or not  Iran and the Saudis, they will fight to the death for centuries, but Israel is not part of them. As far as they are concerned they are intruding in their territory and in their culture and religion.

So, when will they have the time to deal with that, I don't know but eventually they will.

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 49

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
Russia will play a part and has always played a part since, the fall of the Shah in Iran. They are a world power and have strategic interests too. AT THIS TIME they're a moderating influence, subject to change on a moments notice.

I do not trust the ruskies, nor does the Turks, Israel, Saudi's, Iran, etc. However politics has move into the theater of operations since the fall of the caliphate.

The ruskies suck at politics because they lie about everything and we get a C+ because we lie less.

The middle east will never know peace... until

Your first para is true. Your statement about the other countries is not true. Russia has taken over after they got control of what the US does in the middle east by having their vassal Trump control the US. All the other powers know that, and that is why they are all working with Russia now. You are correct about Russia until they pulled the master stroke and put their guy in as US President Trump. Now they get an A plus. The middle east will know peace when they get rid of the far right, just as the world  will. Well all thinking people but the far right know the answer to the worlds problems is get rid of the far right. You are proud to be part of the far right killing machine?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 49
Russia will play a part and has always played a part since, the fall of the Shah in Iran. They are a world power and have strategic interests too. AT THIS TIME they're a moderating influence, subject to change on a moments notice.

I do not trust the ruskies, nor does the Turks, Israel, Saudi's, Iran, etc. However politics has move into the theater of operations since the fall of the caliphate.

The ruskies suck at politics because they lie about everything and we get a C+ because we lie less.

The middle east will never know peace... until

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 49

@nctarheel wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

NC what's  your problem ?

Don't tell me you donh't even recognize Palestine as a nation.

As recently as the end of last year, less than 3/4 of the members of THE UNITED NATIONS recognized PALESTINE as a state. Those NOT RECOGNIZING Palestine as a state include THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, GERMANY, THE UNITED KINGDOM, CANADA, JAPAN, ITALY, GREECE and many, many other allies of both the U.S. and ISRAEL.

It has something to do with HAMAS and the PLO to which the so-called Palestinians pledge their allegiance. HAMAS and the PLO are both bloodthirsty terrorist organizations that DO NOT recognize ISRAEL'S right to exist.

With that said, it surprises me that you personally recognize PALESTINE as a nation even though the nation in which you live does not.

Too bad, because they are still a nation whether they are good or bad  is not the issue. the fact remains that they are an independent country with their own  government. so we don't like what they do. fine, that was not my question was it?

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 49

@Roxanna35 wrote:

NC what's  your problem ?

Don't tell me you donh't even recognize Palestine as a nation.

As recently as the end of last year, less than 3/4 of the members of THE UNITED NATIONS recognized PALESTINE as a state. Those NOT RECOGNIZING Palestine as a state include THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, GERMANY, THE UNITED KINGDOM, CANADA, JAPAN, ITALY, GREECE and many, many other allies of both the U.S. and ISRAEL.

It has something to do with HAMAS and the PLO to which the so-called Palestinians pledge their allegiance. HAMAS and the PLO are both bloodthirsty terrorist organizations that DO NOT recognize ISRAEL'S right to exist.

With that said, it surprises me that you personally recognize PALESTINE as a nation even though the nation in which you live does not.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 49

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

First.... Israel didn't seize the Golan Heights the Syrians lost it after they invaded Israel in 1967. https://www.latimes.com/opinion/readersreact/la-ol-le-golan-heights-israel-20190324-story.html
I've been there and it's a very strategic vantage point for attacking Israel. The area will never be returned without becoming a "demilitarized neutral zone" at best.

The alliance(s) in the ME are changing because of two things.... money (oil) and nuclear weapons. The rich Arab nations do not want Iran to blackmail (economically) them or threaten them knowing they will have nuclear capacity shortly. Only Israel can assure retaliation and deal with a nuclear threat. This uneasy balance is playing out right now.

The key player in all of this is Turkey, who appears to be increasingly hostile towards the west and Israel. The Saudis are not dumb. Their wealth is the most important thing to them and assures their survival. They need Israel more than Israel needs them.

There will never be peace in the Middle East. It's a chess game between good and evil.

God bless Israel... Numbers 24:9

Some comments on your post by the numbers.

1. I have been to the Golan Heights also. I agree with your comments on it.

2. The real problem in the Middle East is the far right as they now control every government there. From what I saw when there if you got rid of the far right the problems could be solved. They will not be solved with the far right in power.

3. The rise of Trump in the US was the worst thing that could have happened to the Middle East. Dictators all flock together. They see in Trump a person they can use and have put aside a lot of their differences. Trump has green lighted things like the SA killings, and would like to lead them in dealing with Iran which even though another dictatorship they all want to end. Yes Israel does bring the nuclear side when it joined. You see Trump now trying to get the current PM reelected even though he under indictment. If Israel goes back to the middle it hurts the Dictators, but might help the Middle East.

4. I have spent time in Turkey. They were and still are members of NATO. We have a large air base there. Turkey wanted to join the EU but were never voted in. Just a year or so ago Turkey was shooting down Russian  fighter planes. They were almost at war. Trump arrived and now Turkey is close to Russia, and one of the main players on the Russian side. Turkey is moving or is now a Dictatorship joining the ranks of the other middle east nations. Shame. The main terrorists group in Turkey is the PKK. They attacked a city I was in while in Turkey. The PKK are the Kurds and our allies in a number of countries in the Middle East.

5. Russia has always wanted to be a player there. They have had a naval base in Syria for years. Trumps arrival gave them the chance to become the main outside force. Russia controls Trump and all there know it. Yes see even Israel PM making trips to see Putin, and SA is working with Russia. Yes even Iran works with Russia. Russia is controlling what happens in Syria and all know it. Russia is far right under Putin so fits in.

You  could see Russia become the main force in the Middle East before to long. How that plays out in the end time will tell. The US will not have the power it used to have. What do we do. Well a start is get rid of Trump and the far right. The people I was with in countries around the middle east could become a driving force in making that area one really great place. Israel would be a driving force todo that if it is not far right. The far right destroy everything they touch and have done so for years.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 49

I am not interrogating anybody. but I do recognize a Trump follower a mile away.  and I am the judge in chief if you care to know.

Still it my question is so difficult to respond? or is it too difficult to say it in public?

and NC what's  your problem ? Don't tell me you donh't even recognize Palestine as a nation  LOL LOL LOL  boy no wonder partisan;ship is ruining this country.

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 49

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
Israel fought off the attackers/invaders in 1967 on many fronts, including Syria. The Sinai was returned to Egypt for peace. Syria refused and Israel has occupied the Golan heights. Spoils of war and the Syrians lost.

You've got history wrong. You can not rewrite history though hate and nothing to do with president Trump.

I now have a question for you, do you agree or disagree wtih the Settlements that Isreael has built in Palestine?

There is no Palestine. There is a disorganized state that is ruled by HAMAS, one of the most bloodthirsty terrorist organizations in the world. The so-called Palestinians are following one the tenets of HAMAS, to NOT RECOGNIZE Israel's right to exist. The settlements are merely buffers between Israel and its enemy that has sworn itself to ISRAEL'S annihilation.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Introducing jen43, one of our featured ACEs! Check out their profile and fill yours out, today!

Meet an ACE

Top Authors