Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: THE DANGER OF CALLING WITNESSES

Message 1 of 17

The danger of having Bolton testify in the Senate is quite obvious.  he won't. he has too much to loose if he does testify. He has a book coming out that will provide him with millions of dollars, and he is not going to  risk any of that for his testimony actually telling the truth, We will have to read it in his book and pay for it.

So, at this point, In  many ways, I wish that once all this testimony is heard, I am counting on McConnel to shut this thing off. Because there are a few things that he will not shut off. and that is the fact that Americans would  have had the opportunity to see their Senators be afraid of being fair. and it is up to us voters to reject what has been happening.

Also that the presecne of Justice Robers and having to sit thtu and seeing the spectacle of the Republicans lying thru  their teeth, has to have an impact on him whether he likes it or not.

no name
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 17

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Trump World has sunk to a level of depravity unimagined only 3 years ago. Why would anyone even debate having witnesses at a trial? What good is a trial if there are no witnesses? I thought this was America.

I thought this was America too.  Not having witnesses goes against justice. Arguing not to have witnesses is un-American and borders on obstruction of justice.

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

THE DANGER OF CALLING WITNESSES

Message 3 of 17

Trump World has sunk to a level of depravity unimagined only 3 years ago. Why would anyone even debate having witnesses at a trial? What good is a trial if there are no witnesses? I thought this was America.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 17

I believe that the impeachment trial  AKA  the Farce of the Year, will eventually bury the Republicans in the Senate.|
They are appearing infront of the American people as allowing McConnell  to put out the  worse representation of a trial. and it will bite them in the future.
In a way, I am really encouraging all of them to continue with the path that they have taken. and allow  all Americans to see, how afraid they all are in seeing the truth of  what has happened in this Administration
The fact that all of this will be happening in the middle of the night is one more thing that American will have to deal with and if there are any Republicans in the Senate that  have any stones left they will pay the price for their folly.

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 17

@BarryP443493 wrote:

I obviously have more faithi in the American public which may be more educated than some would like to believe!  With the Internet you can get both sides of the gamet and come to your own educated decision! 

There are also within the news media, verification of statements made by both sides to help sort out those giving misinformation or fake news and those that are factual.

For anyone to assume that the putlic is uneducated is mistaken!  There are those that may not be informed, but many of us are well infomred and I am insulted when it is assumed that the entire public is uneducated!

I do admire your faith in the American public, but the Internet?  Really? do you go to FB often? the amount of Fake News Ads and the propaganda  that you see in FB is amazing, and guess what, they pollute your page and is continuous, therefore after a while they may ring true to some.  No, we do not have independent news in the Internet. at all. especially in FB

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 17

I obviously have more faithi in the American public which may be more educated than some would like to believe!  With the Internet you can get both sides of the gamet and come to your own educated decision! 

There are also within the news media, verification of statements made by both sides to help sort out those giving misinformation or fake news and those that are factual.

For anyone to assume that the putlic is uneducated is mistaken!  There are those that may not be informed, but many of us are well infomred and I am insulted when it is assumed that the entire public is uneducated!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 17

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Roxanna35 posted..

I am concerned that the attorneys being who they are and underestimating them is not a good idea may confuse the very uneducated public and put in their mind a doubt that should never have existed.

======================================================

That's what attorneys do. Why do you think this will be any different?

You are correct.  I guess that you approve of their actions. Again it is well known that Attys have ethics but no morals

Especially the kind of attorneys that a crook like trump hires. He has mostly used mob attorneys in the past, no sense in changing now.

In answering your question.  I have little respect for anyone that knowingly that a client is guilty has to demonstrate that he is not in a trial. Actually, there are many attorneys that will not defend a client if they know in advance that they are guilty. or believe that they are.

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 17

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Roxanna35 posted..

You are correct. I guess that you approve of their actions. Again it is well known that Attys have ethics but no morals

------------------------------------------------------------------

"I guess that you approve of their actions." You guess wrong.

"Again it is well known that Attys have ethics but no morals" No, its not well known.. saying that is so typical of trying to put down a occupation because of a few.

The thing is .......... "the few" that tRump has chosen to defend him are either mob related, partisan, or of very questionable integrity.

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 17
Roxanna35 posted..

You are correct. I guess that you approve of their actions. Again it is well known that Attys have ethics but no morals

------------------------------------------------------------------

"I guess that you approve of their actions." You guess wrong.

"Again it is well known that Attys have ethics but no morals" No, its not well known.. saying that is so typical of trying to put down a occupation because of a few.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 17

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Roxanna35 posted..

I am concerned that the attorneys being who they are and underestimating them is not a good idea may confuse the very uneducated public and put in their mind a doubt that should never have existed.

======================================================

That's what attorneys do. Why do you think this will be any different?

You are correct.  I guess that you approve of their actions. Again it is well known that Attys have ethics but no morals

Especially the kind of attorneys that a crook like trump hires. He has mostly used mob attorneys in the past, no sense in changing now.

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Claim your 1,000 Welcome bonus points!

Get Started with AARP Rewards.