Looking for work? The U.S. Census Bureau is hiring more than 500,000 people nationwide. Learn more.

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: THE BRIDGE

Message 1 of 31

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@gordyfl wrote:

Michael Moore, who warned the Democrats about Trump winning the 2016 Election, had this to say about 2020:

Voters Are Not Inspired by Moderation and Centrism

By Michael Moore - September 10, 2019

The depressed voters who are too quick to give up on the Democrats because they see the Dems as weak, ineffectual or hypocritical — the “party of the people” who does nothing to arrest the politicians who poisoned the water in Flint.

The last Republican mayor of Flint, Michigan was in 1931 (eighty one years ago), so the problem is Democrats can't run anything right!

Wrong again NOTHAPPENING ..... as demonstrated by the incompetence of Michigan Republicans who were responsible for Flint's recent water poisoning.

The Flint water poisoning was a result of the directions by Michigan's then  REPUBLICAN incompetent governor NOTHAPPENING ..... and NOTHING to do with Flint's mayor!!!

REPUBLICAN governor Rick Snyder mandated that Flint switch it's water source from already clean water from the Detroit system to the heavily polluted Flint River ..... in a failed attempt to save one million dollars a year.

Snyder's resulting catastrophe instead cost the lives of many Flint residents and will kill more, especially children, in the years to come.

Snyder's incompetent and criminal actions will also cost the state BILLIONS in lawsuits!

Yup ..... Republicans "can't run anything right" .... as clearly demonstrated by their incompetent actions in the very city YOU brought up!!!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 31

@williamb39198 wrote:

When it’s said that some proposals from the left are scary, is it because: there’s fear because it is new, it’s actually scary,

or is because trump, fox, and repubs say that it’s scary?

When it comes to healthcare, we need discussion on the different options. The only way that we really lose is if we don’t consider options, just because trump tells us that it’s scary and shouldn’t even be discussed. 

To set goals, you at least need some options of how to get there. 

By the way, didn’t trump promise great, great healthcare? He’s destroying the ACA...3 years later, where is his great, great healthcare plan!

Fortunately, in thie message board there are only a few Trump followers, so in my case, for example I don't consider anything that Trump says as anything that I should consider.|

Yes, we need explanation on how Warren and Sanders are planning to provide us with their vision. and to date they have not. We need to understand how and what is the process that they are planning to take, Taxing the rich.? as nice as it sounds just by doing that is not going to provide a Medicare for all. and persoanally I am concerned that they would actually take a system an turn it upside down and in effect not being the system that would be the system that we all need.|

Beside, people do feel that we need options. sopose I don't fieel comfortable with  what they offer, will I have to move our ot the US because there is nothing else? 
I see too many radical ideas without the process on how to get there. and I still feel that the time to impose those ideas cannot happen in 2020,  because we still need to have the Presidency and or  the Senate to get there. To dream is great. but to also have a plan, actually several of them is as important as winning.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 31

When it’s said that some proposals from the left are scary, is it because: there’s fear because it is new, it’s actually scary,

or is because trump, fox, and repubs say that it’s scary?

When it comes to healthcare, we need discussion on the different options. The only way that we really lose is if we don’t consider options, just because trump tells us that it’s scary and shouldn’t even be discussed. 

To set goals, you at least need some options of how to get there. 

By the way, didn’t trump promise great, great healthcare? He’s destroying the ACA...3 years later, where is his great, great healthcare plan!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 31

@gordyfl wrote:

I  truly beleive that Medicare for all is not as popular as you want to believe...

You should hear this voter...

Trump Supporter Switches to Bernie Sanders on C-Span Live....

bernie trump supporter c-span.png

Video at link...

https://twitter.com/BerniesBack2020/status/1172726551189893120?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweete...

Well here is the fact. Our current system is a medicare for all type, and has been for over 100 years. Go to the ER and you will be treated whether you can pay or not. I call this ER care and it is the most expensive and least effective part of our total health care system. The sad thing is that there are so many who do not understand our total health care system, and when you have that it becomes hard to improve on what we have. The ACA was a great start and Trump is taking that away as we see the number of people without insurance start to climb. Before long due to this trend you will see the total cost of the system increase, along with the premiums you pay, and you will get less coverage. Many will be forced into the ER care system, and yes you will pay higher state and local taxes along with fed taxes because of this. I would strongly suggest all learn about the total health care system then comment on the system we now have and what changes you might like to see. There are experts who can produce a good total health care system but that will not happen when you want to have a debate on Medicare for all approach which is in place.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 31

I  truly beleive that Medicare for all is not as popular as you want to believe...

You should hear this voter...

Trump Supporter Switches to Bernie Sanders on C-Span Live....

bernie trump supporter c-span.png

Video at link...

https://twitter.com/BerniesBack2020/status/1172726551189893120?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweete...

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 31

@ChasKy53 wrote:

I will try to anwwer you questions as best that I can. I voted for Hillary in the National Elections because, and I have stated this many many times because I thought that having a Republican President and a Repbulcian Senate and House would be disastrous for this country, and it has.

Now, I am sory that you are not seeing what I am seeing in the news and the polls,  Americans want a public option  and not Medicare for all. as a person that has posted that I have ben a proponent for a single payer before Obama and the ACA and have had many discussions in this message board with Gail is surprising to me that you have                   forgotten about those exhanges.|
Since I have heard about Medicare for All have read and have concluded that is not the correct program as a Health Care system that will ensure all americans, therrea are many things that need to happen before we can achieve that single payer that we all want to see. I will not vote for Trump in the next elections. that would be even worse that Medicare for all.
I truly believe that  being overly optimistic at this time is very dangerous just like it was when Hillary was crowned by the Demcoratic Party before she became queen.
The Democrats are only thinking that only the progressive Democrats will be voting in the nextg elections but that will not be accurate. many people like myself will be also voting and although we may not be able to vote in the primaries we will be looking veryseriusly as to what the Democratic Party will provide this time to the country.
I do hope that we can take the Senate, but fankly, I don't see that possibility as clearly as you see it. so if that doesn't happen , We better have a Demccratic Presisent that is the Presisident for all  Americans and not just part of all Americansw.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 31

@rker321 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

There is no doubt that we both have different opinions, whomever is correct we will soon be able to see.
It is not that the things that both Warren and Sanders are unattainable,  the point that I am making that they are not going to happen in 2020. The majority in America want what Sanders and Warren propose on health care. Don't make the same mistake in 2020 and vote for trump.
and if the Democrats make the mistake to put a candidate that is only popular with  a section of the Democratic Party you will loose the elections. I am interested in what the majority of Americans want, not about what a section of the Democratic Party doesn't want. Many Republicans and Independents want a National Health Care Plan similar to Medicare For All, the majority of all Americans want it.
I  truly believe that Medicare for all is not as popular as you want to believe there are many questions about that program that need to be answered. and they have not. The polling shows that the majority wants a National Health Care Plan like all developed nations have. Answers to how to do it will be decided by our Congress, the obstructionist Republicans need to be removed. Vote Blue in 2020.
If you think that the Democrats can take the Senate, that would be great, but I don't think so. and if that doesn't happen the rest will follow. Hoping that if Trump is out in 2020, you will need a Democratic President that instills confidence and not have revolutionary ideas that scare the bejesus of many. So are you saying that you would vote for trump over the Democratic candidates that have a chance of winning the Democratic nomination? The polls show all Democratic candidates defeating trump in a presidential election. The vast majority of Americans are fed up with and sick of having this maniac in our White House.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 31

@ChasKy53 wrote:

There is no doubt that we both have different opinions, whomever is correct we will soon be able to see.\
It is not that the things that both Warren and Sanders are unatainable,  the point that I am making that they are not going to happen in 2020.
and if the Democrats make the mistake to put a candidate that is only popular with  a section of the Democratic Party you will loose the elections.
I  tuly beleive that Medicare for all is not as popular as you want to believe there are many questions about that program that need to be answered. and they have not.
If you think that the Democrats can take the Seante, that would be great, but I don't think so. and if that doesn't happen the rest will folow. Hoping that if Trump is out in 2020, you will need a Democratic President that instills confidence and not have revolutionary ideas that scare the bejesus of many

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 31

@rker321 wrote:

Many times I have said that Warren and Bernie have a vision for our future and they are probably correct. but not at this time. It's always "the time" for something that is "correct".
Warren has made very clear about her vision of the future for this country, and is not a bad future but at this time unattainable. Simply saying that things are "unattainable" will get us nowhere. If that attitude had been listened to there would be no Social Security, Medicare, Federal highway systems, etc, etc.
Her vision doesn't have a  BRIDGE  to cross to that vision.  and there has to be a transition of culture and ideas that need to have that bridge in order to be able to accept that vision. You act as if it is ' all or nothing'. A president presents and an agenda and a Congress can choose to move towards it quickly or slowly. Republicans need to be moved out of the way in the Senate.

We are being told to follow a pipe piper but no directions on where we are going or how to get there. and that is what Warren and Sanders are doing with their promises of policies that we all know will not be attainable at his time
If either of them can tell us how we are going to get there without the notion that by just jumping we will, I will start believing in what they are saying. What Warren and/or Sanders propose are in reach. The majority of Americans support a Medicare for All type plan. The voters simply need to put into Congress the people who will work to bring it about. That eliminates Republicans .

Waren as President, simply picture in your minds this image,  and what any policies that she has stated can happen in a setting of having a Republican Senate and a Democratic Congress. If voters vote a straight ticket in voting for Warren, the Senate will turn BLUE and make it possibler for legislation to be passed favoring the 99%.
How confident is anyone that she can attain her policies and have that Senate not continue to do what they have been doing since Obama took over.? 

There was a Democratic majority in the Senate and in the House the first two years of the Obama presidency, the trouble started when the voters gave control of the Senate to the Republicans. That is when the obstruction started.  A BLUE WAVE will take care of that, removing the Republican majority from the Senate. A BLUE TSUNAMI could even give a large enough majority to actually get things done for the 99% for a change.
And this time people are going to  be very skeptical about her theories, and frightened of what  they may  bring. Trump is bad, very  bad, and Warren is as bad. Claiming that Warren is "as bad" as trump is like sayg a cold is as bad as the black plague. ROFLMAO !!!  same situation that we had with Clinton and Trump. Which is worse. I think that trump has proven that choosing him was a much worse decision than choosing Clinton, Warren, or any of the Democratic candidates.

We really need to understand that the next election are going to be not created visions but to restore what has been lost. if we even can do that. WE CAN DO THAT, by voting out trump and the Republicans.
Thinking about the   unintended consequences is extremely important, we are at a crossroad, and we do not have the chance to make a mistake. not this time. The "mistake" would be to allow the Republicans to keep control of the Senate or gain any seats in the House. Their control has to be smashed for us to make any repairs or true progress. Voting BLUE is our only hope.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 31

Thank you @john258 !!! Your post needs reposting A LOT!!!   Image result for sirens images

@john258 wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

I am curious...

Who did you think won the debate last night?

Which democrat candidate do you support after last nights debate and why?

I am curious why some one who supports Trump would ask that question. There are at least 3 people who are running against Trump on the Reb. side and yet we have seen no debates between them. Please tell us why that is. I have been hearing the the Reb. are cancelling or trying to cancel all their primary elections next year so the  Reb. voters will have no say in who the party runs for President. With all the interest you have shown in the Dem. primary how do you feel about the Reb. not allowing you a chance to have a say. There are also reports the Reb. National Hqs. has stopped supplying any information to Reb. who are running down ballot from knowing anything about how Trump polls in their area. Tell us why are they doing that, and how do you feel about it.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors