Prevention is the best medicine when it comes to avoiding surprise medical bills! Learn more.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: THE BONE SPUR BOZO AT THE WHITE HOUSE

Message 1 of 18

@easyed598 wrote:

ALFERD-When all the dust settled, he was NOT a member of the Armed Forces - yes he had some tuition and fees that he had to reimburse - similar situation with Bill Clinton...--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time and circumstances depended on whether ROTC would let you out. In my case there was no Vietnam war going on  and they let me out as did 90 % of classmates who took ROTC. Two years were required when I went to college so it was easier to leave if you didn`t want to make military a career.  Bill Clinton did skip out after making a commitment. My father taught ROTC so it would have been easy for me to make military a career but after spending early years living around military ,I chose civilian life.

It always has differed from state to state - still does...

I attended a land grant school during the Vietnam years.

Was never required to attend any ROTC meeting - not even one.

Some of my kids graduated from the state's original agricultural land grant university.

They were never even asked to attend any ROTC oriented meeting.

Nevertheless - there's absolutely no doubt that - as Olderscout66 posted -

"Der Trumper had an X-ray faked showing he had a condition that would disqualify him from military service."

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 18

@easyed598 wrote:

ALFERD-When all the dust settled, he was NOT a member of the Armed Forces - yes he had some tuition and fees that he had to reimburse - similar situation with Bill Clinton...----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Time and circumstances depended on whether ROTC would let you out. In my case there was no Vietnam war going on  and they let me out as did 90 % of classmates who took ROTC. Two years were required when I went to college so it was easier to leave if you didn`t want to make military a career.  Bill Clinton did skip out after making a commitment. My father taught ROTC so it would have been easy for me to make military a career but after spending early years living around military ,I chose civilian life.

Clinton signed a "letter of intent", but never followed thru to actuall join ROTC.

No crime.

Der Trumper had an X-ray faked showing he had a condition that would disqualify him from military service.

Big crime.

Wingers seem unable to distinguish between disent and dishonesty - that's how they voted for TWO worthless draft-dodging gutless preppytwits and then tried to show somebody else was just as bad.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 18

ALFERD-When all the dust settled, he was NOT a member of the Armed Forces - yes he had some tuition and fees that he had to reimburse - similar situation with Bill Clinton...----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Time and circumstances depended on whether ROTC would let you out. In my case there was no Vietnam war going on  and they let me out as did 90 % of classmates who took ROTC. Two years were required when I went to college so it was easier to leave if you didn`t want to make military a career.  Bill Clinton did skip out after making a commitment. My father taught ROTC so it would have been easy for me to make military a career but after spending early years living around military ,I chose civilian life.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 18

@easyed598 wrote:

Alferd-wrote-When all the dust settled, he was NOT a member of the Armed Forces - yes he had some tuition and fees that he had to reimburse - similar situation with Bill Clinton.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Was Trump a member of the armed forces? Guess bones spurs isn`t a good reason to avoid the military but running off to England is.

Being a student wasn't a crime, it was a "deferrment". Faking x-rays of bone spurs to evade the draft IS a crime, and Donny can't even remember which foot had the spurs that magically vanished when the draft ended.

Clinton had a deferrment as a student. Sly Stallone simply got a job at a Swiss Girls School that somehow kept "Rambo" in the deferred category. jrbush had a daddy running the CIA who covered his desertion, and lemontop had a daddy who found a Doctor willing to "doctor" some X-rays. Something you DON'T have is NOT a good reason for a deferrment - Der Trumper is ANOTHER Republican draft-dodging gutless preppytwit who hid in his daddy's wallet to evade his duty to country.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 18

The BIG thing Der Trumper wants is to eliminate the inheritance tax, which is NOT paid by the dead guy but by the people who get his money. So if you didn't want the Government to have it, you could give it all to charity, which is how the Ford  and Rockafeller and Carnagie foundations and the Howard Hughes Medical Institute got their starts. But the exceptionally rapacious and greedy don't give to charity, hence Der Trumper's desire to kill the estate tax which is really an anti-Oligarch tax - slows the growth of financial dynasties.

Previous GOPers have virtually eliminated the inheritance tax, cutting federal revenues by nearly $35Billion since 1980, a move which benefited ONLY the top 0.15%. Right now, estates up to $5,490,000 pass to the heirs untaxed, so the only one's gaining will be those who leave their kids over $5,490,000, with the balance taxed at from 18% to a max of 40%.

In 1980. the estate tax contributed nearly $60Billion to Federal Revenue, but Reagan increased the exemption from $161,000 to $600,000 and cut the max rate to 70%. Then jrbush raised the exemption from $600,000 to $2,000,000 and cut the max rate to 45%. President Obama reduced the exemption to $1,000,000, but the Republican Congress raised it to the current levels.

If Der Trumper were telling the truth about his personal fortune, eliminating the estate tax would save his heirs over $2 BILLION, and reduce services for 99.85% of American by the no longer collected $19Billion.

He also wants to eliminate the Alternative Minimum Tax, which "cost" Lemontop over $14 Million the last year anyone can find tax info on the twit.

So what he REALLY wants is to ensure his dynasty and evade the AMT. Virtually all his supporters will see the services they receive decrease if Lemontop gets his wish, yet they joyfully support having their pockets picked because ...what??

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 18

321:    I can agree, but the Subject line is really quite good.   

But then,  on occasion I take a moment and read Donald's tweets - and him making stupid statements and getting into spit-ball fights, is his MO.    If he acted like a leader of any real public business, he would have been fired long ago.   

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 18

Again Easy, I don't care who's at fault or when it started, I care of what is happening now, and how much fracturing is happening in the Republican Party.
I care that I don't want to see a man like Bannon destroying the Republican Party platform, and the Republicans that apparently don't think like him.

This man has certainly has the agenda to destroy the institutions that have governed this country for ever. I have lots of respect for most of the Republican Presidents that have been prior to this President. And I am seeing the destruction of those men and what they stood for.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 18

The requirement to participate in ROTC applies ONLY to "land grant colleges", which is not where President Clinton attended and therefore does not apply, and there is no criminal penalty for not attending ROTC at a land grant college - the worse that can happen is you won't be able to graduate.

Not reporting to your assigned duty station when you are a member of the National Guard, on the other hand, IS a crime. For the first 30 days, the miscreant is judged to be Absent Without Leave, AWOL for short. After 30 days, the AWOL charge is normally upgraded to DESERTION. There is NO STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS FOR DESERTION. jrbush could still attend the long course at Levenworth for his cowardly acts during Vietnam.

There IS a statute of limitation for draft evasion, basically 5 years, so Lemontop has evaded not only his duty to his Country, but the penalty for having done so. Not sure about the Doctor who faked his X-rays - if still alive, that individual just might be prosecutable.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 18

@easyed598 wrote:

Rker wrote-I believe that we are beginning to see the destruction of our democratic system and the voices that they silence , whether they are Republicans or Democrats are the voices that need to be heard.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Agree with many of your points but this started way before Trump.  The swamp started in the LBJ days and has gotten worse ever since . It really magnified under Obama who fundamentally wanted  to change our government to ALL government ALL the time and his "spread the wealth" agenda.     This was the wrong path for our country and Trump `s attempt to put us back on the right path is being met with stiff resistence(left and right). This is especially true with the failing Obamacare. Once you give something free to people it is hard to take it back. Medicare and Social Security are    prime examples. As it turns out these programs are not free and  is driving our country to bankruptcy unless we all make sacrifices.

You forgot to mention Reagan cutting taxes in half for the 1%, causing the largest income redistribution from the middle class and below to the 1% ---- resulting in the largest income and wealth disparity since the 1700's.

By the way, Medicare and Social Security are not "free", they are paid for with taxes. The POLs borrowed from the SS fund and now, instead of paying it back, the far right Republicans (including Trump) propose more tax cuts for the wealthiest.  It looks like Trump is part of the problem too and he fooled many into thinking he was an "outsider". He is a swamp critter who will continue taking from the middle class and below, giving it to the 1%.  It's time for Trump supporters to smell the coffee.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 18

Trump - allegedly with bone spurs - played tennis - sure enough - he's been a coward and liar for his entire life...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors