Getty Images and AARP present the Disrupt Aging Collection, a searchable photo collection that redefines what it means to get older. Take a look.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: TEXAS VS. PUERTO RICO-------THE U.S. SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF ITSELF

Message 1 of 77

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

What kind of decent moral human being with any trace of humanity questions whether Puerto Ricans should be aided in their recovery from two major hurricanes, intensified by global warming, which is ignored by the idiot in the White House?  

And what decent moral human with any trace of humanity think that someone who is already coping with a disaster should be ridiculed because they didn't help those from another area and not themselves and their neighbors?

How would you feel if you lost everything of a lifetime and was trying to rebuild?  Our neighbors have had the same happening to them.  It is mostly senior retired people here in our neighborhood who has grown old together.  The good side is that it has brought out the good in the majority.  Unlike those on this forum.

What are you doing towards recovery in Puerto Rico, here in Texas or with the California wildfires except joining the crowd in the Amen Corner?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 77

@NOTHAPPENING— The left is racist? I suggest you look at your racist in chief who is revered by such racists as the leaders of the KKK and the alt right founder Stephen Spencer. Once again, I think you are confused as you have your left and your right confused.

But then again, with right wing radicals what is right is wrong—what is wrong is right what is left is right and what is right is left. 

The world of delusion is a hard one to navigate. 

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 77

@williamb39198wrote:

@TxGrandpa2

@NOTHAPPENING

Well, this certainly is the road to nowhere! The “hateful left” would like to thank you for all of the rants from the “hateful right”. 

I sincerely hope that your recovery efforts go well. Good luck...

End of story! 

Get your tickets for Black Panther?

What kind of decent moral human being with any trace of humanity questions whether Puerto Ricans should be aided in their recovery from two major hurricanes, intensified by global warming, which is ignored by the idiot in the White House?  

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 77

@williamb39198 wrote:

Why should I waste money on movies when I can be entertained by the liberal comments here?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 77

@TxGrandpa2

@NOTHAPPENING

Well, this certainly is the road to nowhere! The “hateful left” would like to thank you for all of the rants from the “hateful right”. 

I sincerely hope that your recovery efforts go well. Good luck...

End of story! 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 77

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Did the left ever consider that Puerto Rico pays no federal income taxes and second, privately owned public utilities are responsible for the building, maintenance, and improvement of the electric system and NOT the U.S. Government?

Of course to the radical left, it is racist!

It is the power grid that is the problem and yes the power grid is a monopoly that is stagnating the recovery by slowing down any assistance crews from private utilities here in CONUS is sending to the island.  They soon give up due to not being allowed, or slow access to donated equipment locked in the utility warehouses.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 77

@nctarheelwrote:

And still no answer from anyone as to why over 50% more money ended up going to WHITE TEXAS rather than to BROWN PUERTO RICO.

No other conclusion can be reached other than it was a racist act perpetrated by the Federal Government.

Did the left ever consider that Puerto Rico pays no federal income taxes and second, privately owned public utilities are responsible for the building, maintenance, and improvement of the electric system and NOT the U.S. Government?

Of course to the radical left, it is racist!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 77

@Snoopy48 wrote:

Your last sentence is your typical claim when you have nothing. 

Typical reply from the Amen Corner here, along with the expected Kudo from the same group.

Curious as to what area you are from so I can share your empathy.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 77

@nctarheel wrote:

And still no answer from anyone as to why over 50% more money ended up going to WHITE TEXAS rather than to BROWN PUERTO RICO.

No other conclusion can be reached other than it was a racist act perpetrated by the Federal Government.

I'm sure it was to give you something else to continue your hypocritical comments about Texas. 

Additionally have you considered that Texas as a state has voting representation in Congress where Puerto Rico does not? 

You think that North Carolina congress critters wouldn't be pulling funds into your state in need rather than diverting it elsewhere?

You and others of the Amen Corner still have neglected to show the assistance each of you have been contributing to Puerto Rico while going after those who are rebuilding the destruction to their homes and property for not diverting resources to Puerto Rico.

When are you going to put your money and assistance to them instead of blaming others. 

Lets look at the response by the Federal government as indicated by CNN....

Harvey:  31,000 federal personnel

Irma:      40,000 federal personnel - Puerto Rico

Maria:    19,000 federal personnel - Including Puerto Rico

Source:  A look at four storms from one brutal hurricane season

https://www.cnn.com/2017/10/10/weather/hurricane-nate-maria-irma-harvey-impact-look-back-trnd/index....

I would believe that CNN might be an approved source on your list.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 77

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

Glad to see you don't hold yourself to the same standards you do others.

You expect those of us here to send the resources we are ourselves using to rebuild our homes.  Apparently you were not affected by any disaster.  How can you go after others while your home is intact?  I have no doubt that you haven't done a thing to help anyone in any disaster area this past year....there were four U.S. areas hit by some type. 

You're actually not worth answering any further.

You have no idea what anyone here has done or is doing regarding the natural disasters that have affected this country. You expect everyone to support you in recovering from a natural disaster but resent anyone else getting assistance.

Your last sentence is your typical claim when you have nothing. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors