What's a 'skimmer scam?' Find out on AARP Live. Watch at 10 p.m. ET.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: TEXAS VS. PUERTO RICO-------THE U.S. SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF ITSELF

Message 61 of 77

MIseker wrote:

stay on point. you said PR sits on their hands while texas rebuilds..and PR didnt have the money OR the goods to do it. everything else is a side issue. If you want one, how about houstons drainage issues costing taxpayer millions? didnt you accuse PR of poor planning and infrastructure? Im pointing out YOUR hypocricy, care to address that ?

What does Houston's drainage have to with this?   Most of the drainage costs are paid by taxes from Drainage Districts here in Texas...  the costs of drainage is paid by the district's taxpayers, not your taxes.  The city spends about $150 million a year for drainage costs.  What concern is it of yours.  The Army Corps of Engineers are by federal law responsible for rivers and waterways.  They did contribute to flooding during Harvey's flooding by releasing water from flood control dams.

Drainage is an ongoing project in all of South Texas drainage districts. 

If Puerto Rico hasn't the funds then why don't they institute the taxes to maintain the infrastructure?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 77

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

Right you are.  It appears someone here doesn't understand the word "attack".  And here I thought we lost Vietnam because of bad leadership.  

Can't offer valid discussion here, so you go dragging in other areas to criticize?  What did you have to do with Vietnam or even the military.   What next some of your false accusations?  Isn't this supposed to be a discussion site for mature senior citizens?  Still playing 'king of the forum'?

stay on point. you said PR sits on their hands while texas rebuilds..and PR didnt have the money OR the goods to do it. everything else is a side issue. If you want one, how about houstons drainage issues costing taxpayer millions? didnt you accuse PR of poor planning and infrastructure? Im pointing out YOUR hypocricy, care to address that ?

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 77

Centristsin2010 wrote:

Right you are.  It appears someone here doesn't understand the word "attack".  And here I thought we lost Vietnam because of bad leadership.  

Can't offer valid discussion here, so you go dragging in other areas to criticize?  What did you have to do with Vietnam or even the military.   What next some of your false accusations?  Isn't this supposed to be a discussion site for mature senior citizens?  Still playing 'king of the forum'?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 77

Centristsin2010 wrote:

Perhaps you can direct me to those posts?  I could, and you would see your attacks to those who contributed financially to Txs' recovery, but what would be the point? Plus, you can find them yourself.

In other words and as translation, there are no such posts.  Just another chance to attack another poster.

As far as contributing to Puerto Rico what about our area having been flooded by Hurricane Harvey and still in the process of recovery did you not understand?  What about our area still rebuilding did you not understand? 

Or is it just your method of deflection because you didn't help Puerto Rico or anyone but just want to go after the poster you seem to have a grudge with for some reason?  And the left here, of which you are actually a part of (far from centrist), wonders why one separates himself from the liberal cliche?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 77

MIseker wrote:

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

Actually several have posted about the financials contributions they made.  How about you?  What have YOU done for the relief of Puerto Rico or Texas?

Perhaps you can direct me to those posts?  Or is this just an attempt at deflection.  And how are we to know it is so, or just to make one look good?  As far as what I have done, I believe that in addition to being a victim of the flooding, I have posted that those of us here are helping each other.

So instead of answering the question, you bring up about others.  What about yourself?  Should I not have guessed that you would turn this into an attack on the poster instead of answering the question about your contribution?   Pathetic!!! [as you would say].

It's easy to criticize others from up in your ivory tower.

On another thread, you said Puerto Ricans were sitting waiting for handouts, whe you should KNOW transporting goods there is not as easy or cheap. I believe they had just one port open and no clear highways left to move good thru. COnstruction equipment to clear roads have to be shipped in. Life on an island in a territory ( how many times did we decline them statehood?) is more expensive than life on the mainland..BECAUSE IT IS an island. Yet your word were..while puerto ricans sit on their hand waiting for a hand out..and i doubt there was enough lumber to even start on their own. Your words on PR citizens were the genesis of all topics since that compare the situations. You even mentioned better PROPERTY values in houston..which means nothing when compared to the value of human life. I wonder how many FEMA houses have made it to PR? Texas is not a political football, and neither should PR be one.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 77

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

Actually several have posted about the financials contributions they made.  How about you?  What have YOU done for the relief of Puerto Rico or Texas?

Perhaps you can direct me to those posts?  I could, and you would see your attacks to those who contributed financially to Txs' recovery, but what would be the point? Plus, you can find them yourself.

So, how much support/help did you give to support those in PR?

So instead of answering the question, you bring up about others. Another sentence that makes absolutely no sense.  What about yourself?  Should I not have guessed that you would turn this into an attack on the poster ....asking a question about how you supported those in hurricaine devastated areas is an attack?  Hilarious.  btw, it was the same "attack" (lol) you posted to another poster.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 77

@MIseker

Again you attack a poster who attacks the a poster who asked what YOU have done for the people of Puerto Rico.  I didn't ask what the government is doing.  A poster even came back asking what I've done for the Texas in the disaster when we've practically been homeless living in an RV park while having our house repaired.   I didn't sit around waiting for FEMA or others to help, and there were others who gave up their time to assist alongside us.  The funds came mostly out of my savings.

Again, what have you been doing for Puerto Rico instead being hypocritical of others?  Several here like that.   What is the original poster and other critics doing along those lines?  People in your states weren't affected, so you should be helping.

As far as Puerto Rico, the people has been complaining until recently when they started getting together to restore the infrastructure themselves.  That's what Texans did among themselves.   But of course there are those here who claim to be liberals stumble all over themselves to be hypocritical while just sitting behind their computer screens blaming everyone and their brother.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 77

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

Perhaps you can direct me to those posts?  Or is this just an attempt at deflection.  And how are we to know it is so, or just to make one look good?  As far as what I have done, I believe that in addition to being a victim of the flooding, I have posted that those of us here are helping each other.

So instead of answering the question, you bring up about others.  What about yourself?  Should I not have guessed that you would turn this into an attack on the poster instead of answering the question about your contribution?   Pathetic!!! [as you would say].

On another thread, you said Puerto Ricans were sitting waiting for handouts, whe you should KNOW transporting goods there is not as easy or cheap. I believe they had just one port open and no clear highways left to move good thru. COnstruction equipment to clear roads have to be shipped in. Life on an island in a territory ( how many times did we decline them statehood?) is more expensive than life on the mainland..BECAUSE IT IS an island. Yet your word were..while puerto ricans sit on their hand waiting for a hand out..and i doubt there was enough lumber to even start on their own. Your words on PR citizens were the genesis of all topics since that compare the situations. You even mentioned better PROPERTY values in houston..which means nothing when compared to the value of human life. I wonder how many FEMA houses have made it to PR? Texas is not a political football, and neither should PR be one.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 77

Centristsin2010 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 77

MIseker wrote:

Thank you for your statement about PR's sitting and waiting on a handout.

Did I say anything about Puerto Rico [cannot spell out the island's name, instead is on initials?] sitting and waiting on a handout?  I asked what YOU and those criticizing government funds going elsewhere.  Instead you launch into an attack on Houston where no doubt more taxes are paid than in some states.

Again, what are you doing for the people of Puerto Rico?

Kudos
Views