Medicare open enrollment begins Tuesday! Visit the AARP Medicare Resource Center for the information you need to make your best choices.

Reply
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
255
Views

Re: TEXAS IS STILL THE WILD WEST

255 Views
Message 1 of 25


 
 

 


  

Texas comes in at number 18, with 12.8 guns on record for every 1,000 residents. That's 337,309 firearms among 26,448,193 people. In fact, the actual numbers are probably higher because Texans are not required by law to register their firearms. As such, the ATF can only count those who seek background chec

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
255
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
262
Views

Re: TEXAS IS STILL THE WILD WEST

262 Views
Message 2 of 25

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Just for the record Tx, I don't have feral pigs anywhere near my property - but I do have the occasional Moose cross the property - they are bigger, stronger, faster, and have a reputation for attacking people much less predictably - and - oh yes - can only shoot them during the appropriate hunting season...

 


Thank you for the unsolicited discourse about firearms.  Wild pigs are epidemic in South Texas and its even legal to hunt them from helicopters in proper circumstances.  In our area they became a great nuisance in destroying property and being dangerous to domesticated animals and pets. 

 

Of course  most of the 'against' posts in this topic is no doubt from those in cities and highly populated areas.

 

 


There's absolutely no doubt - I grew up in rural/remote country, and now have upgraded to rural.

Your error is excused...

 

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
262
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
264
Views

Re: TEXAS IS STILL THE WILD WEST

264 Views
Message 3 of 25

@alferdpacker wrote:

Just for the record Tx, I don't have feral pigs anywhere near my property - but I do have the occasional Moose cross the property - they are bigger, stronger, faster, and have a reputation for attacking people much less predictably - and - oh yes - can only shoot them during the appropriate hunting season...

 


Thank you for the unsolicited discourse about firearms.  Wild pigs are epidemic in South Texas and its even legal to hunt them from helicopters in proper circumstances.  In our area they became a great nuisance in destroying property and being dangerous to domesticated animals and pets. 

 

Of course  most of the 'against' posts in this topic is no doubt from those in cities and highly populated areas.

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
264
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
267
Views

Re: TEXAS IS STILL THE WILD WEST

267 Views
Message 4 of 25

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:



 

No further reason for continue the discussion.

 

So - you say there's no further reason and we're supposed to believe you?

 

And if we don't go along with you - are you going to put us on report and make us do KP duty?

 

Isn't it a shame when uppity civilians talk back, and don't obey?

 


 

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
267
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
279
Views

Re: TEXAS IS STILL THE WILD WEST

279 Views
Message 5 of 25

@nctarheel wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

 

How would you handle the wild boars invading around your property out in the country?   

 

How would you handle the wild boars invading around your property out in the country?   


WILD BOARS?????????

 

You got to be kidding.

 

That's YOUR REASON to allow private citizens to have weaponry that can kill 9 humans and injure 20+ more humans in less than 30 seconds?????

 

Interesting that you used the verb "INVADING" for the BOARS while TRUMP THE CHUMP has used the noun "INVASION"  repeatedly when referring to immigrants.

 

Are you making some comparison between feral pigs and immigrants, @TxGrandpa2.

 

Sounds like it.


Regardless of whether a comparison between feral pigs and immigrants was being made - There are a great many options that are not semi-automatic that are actually more adequate for protection against feral pigs - many have been used for decades with marked success.....

 

There's the venerable Winchester lever action rifle and it's 124 year old 30-30 cartridge which is more than adequate - incidentally - it's more powerful than the M1 carbine that @TxGrandpa2 has spoken so favorably of in previous posts...

Other lever action alternatives exist (for less money than semi-auto firearms) that are chambered in  - 35 Remington - 444 Marlin - and there are a couple of lever action rifles chambered for the 146 year old 45-70, a round that is quite likely to knock a Texas feral boar off it's feet...

 

Just for the record Tx, I don't have feral pigs anywhere near my property - but I do have the occasional Moose cross the property - they are bigger, stronger, faster, and have a reputation for attacking people much less predictably - and - oh yes - can only shoot them during the appropriate hunting season...

 

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
279
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
278
Views

Re: TEXAS IS STILL THE WILD WEST

278 Views
Message 6 of 25

@nctarheel wrote:

That's YOUR REASON to allow private citizens to have weaponry that can kill 9 humans and injure 20+ more humans in less than 30 seconds?????

 

 


Can you prove your allegations that private citizens are allowed to have that type of weaponry for that purpose?  Or for that purpose?  Or is this more of liberal political posturing here?  I would believe that is the reason.

 

Some idiot goes on a rampage and liberals want to confiscate firearms from responsible owners.  No further reason for continue the discussion.

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
278
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
283
Views

Re: TEXAS IS STILL THE WILD WEST

283 Views
Message 7 of 25

Many towns in the 'wild west' had laws banning guns within the city limits and these laws were strictly enforced. Maybe we should go back to the real wild west instead of the wild west of the movies.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
283
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
299
Views

Re: TEXAS IS STILL THE WILD WEST

299 Views
Message 8 of 25

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

 

How would you handle the wild boars invading around your property out in the country?   

 

How would you handle the wild boars invading around your property out in the country?   


WILD BOARS?????????

 

You got to be kidding.

 

That's YOUR REASON to allow private citizens to have weaponry that can kill 9 humans and injure 20+ more humans in less than 30 seconds?????

 

Interesting that you used the verb "INVADING" for the BOARS while TRUMP THE CHUMP has used the noun "INVASION"  repeatedly when referring to immigrants.

 

Are you making some comparison between feral pigs and immigrants, @TxGrandpa2.

 

Sounds like it.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
299
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
309
Views

Re: TEXAS IS STILL THE WILD WEST

309 Views
Message 9 of 25

@nctarheel wrote:

 

come in handy for mowing down a hutch of rabbits?.....come in handy for mowing down a herd of cattle.

 


Doubtful it would be used for mowing down rabbits out on the prairies or ranch.  And cattle is an enterprise for making livings.  As I posted its easy for pundits on a discussion forum to be aware of being out on a ranch and encountering a need from wild critters.  I would guess that there is no such problems in the spreads and prairies of North Carolina.

 

Goes back to my comments that this depends more on someone attempting to make political points from those viewing the world through rose colored glasses of liberals.

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
309
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
318
Views

Re: TEXAS IS STILL THE WILD WEST

318 Views
Message 10 of 25

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:


@TxGrandpa2, no private citizen needs a weapon that can make 9 people dead and 20+ wounded in less than 30 seconds.

 

If you think they do, make a good argument why you think they do rather than just saying that others don't know what people need.


 

As I have posted previously here, there are some areas of Texas (and other states) where such firearms would come in handy. 


Once again, rather than making an argument on why a private citizen WOULD NEED a weapon that can kill 9 and injure 20+ in 30 seconds; you, again, just say they would come in handy.

 

Come in handy for what, @TxGrandpa2.... come in handy for mowing down a hutch of rabbits?.....come in handy for mowing down a herd of cattle.

 

Be specific.

 

"Coming In Handy" doesn't cut it.

 

Tell us all, outside of military use, why there is a need for a private citizen to have a weapon that can kill NINE humans and injure over TWENTY humans in THIRTY seconds or less?

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
318
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!


close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors