Staying Sharp empowers you to take control of your brain health as you age. Try it today!

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: TEXAS IS STILL THE WILD WEST

Message 11 of 25

@afisher wrote:

I too live in TX and have no idea why someone would need an automatic weapon.    deadly marauding javelinas?    sharks in the non-ocean?   bigfoot?   

Let's be clear here the excuses are just that excuses and they are as lame as the Lt Gov who says that video games and homosexuals etc are the "cause" of mass shootings.  

So I was correct that this type discussion depends upon the politics of the poster? That is evidenced by your bringing Dan Patrick into the discussion.

There is no doubt that weapons aren't necessary on the prairies and ranches there in the city of San Antonio.  How would you handle the wild boars invading around your property out in the country?    All you have to do is pick up the phone and call 911, and someone will come to handle those problem critters.  Those ranchers, etc out in the boonies has to take care of these themselves.  Why not tell them they don't need any firearms?

How would you handle the wild boars invading around your property out in the country?   

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 25

I too live in TX and have no idea why someone would need an automatic weapon.    deadly marauding javelinas?    sharks in the non-ocean?   bigfoot?   

Let's be clear here the excuses are just that excuses and they are as lame as the Lt Gov who says that video games and homosexuals etc are the "cause" of mass shootings.  

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 25

@williamb39198 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 

Okay, I mean this kindly. I live in Alaska and there are not many good reasons here for owning an automatic weapon, unless the owner would be;

Perhaps no reason if one lives in cities, but if one lives in the boondocks, there might be reasons depending on the circumstances.  It doesn't matter if you live in Alaska, Texas or whatever, but would depend upon where in the state and the circumstances.  

I'm sure that a person with frequent internet access that posts daily and frequently would require such.  It isn't up to opinionated posters on a forum like this to say whether an individual has no need for any type of firearm since none of us are aware of other's circumstances.  On this site, it is more political posturing, depending on outlook,  as to who is attempting to dictate necessity.

For information, I haven't carried or possessed a firearm since I retired from the military many years ago.  I don't need any.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 25

@TxGrandpa2 

Okay, I mean this kindly. I live in Alaska and there are not many good reasons here for owning an automatic weapon, unless the owner would be;

Paranoid

Want to kill people

Just to shoot stuff up

Otherwise, non auto guns will work just fine for your defense or hunting needs. 

The only folks here a that may have or need these types of weapons are our Military or Swat teams. 

Since 1964

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 25

Knew the connections would be deliberately ignored/missed...

TOS and GUIDELINES prohibit my telling the truth about how and why...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 25

@alferdpacker wrote:

So what does that have to do with my post?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 25

@TxGrandpa2  -  Automatic firearms are NFA devices.

In order for a civilian to own one - the civilian must fill out all the application forms - undergo a security check that usually takes more than six months - and pay the $200 Federal Excise Tax for the stamp that allows for the trensfer of one full auto firearm - assuming the civilian can locate one for sale, and can afford the ten to twenty thousand minimum cost of one...

Careless, reckless, and totally inaccurate references to the need for full auto firearms in Alaska demonstrate either lack of understanding of the NFA ACT or are reckless hyperbole...

Any claim that there is a need for civilian ownership of full auto weapons in eitherTexas or Alaska is dead wrong.

Why yes, I do own a couple of NFA firearms - but I don't live in Texas or Alaska...

They are for last ditch defense against republicans, conservatives and tRump supporters...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 25

@nctarheel wrote:

@TxGrandpa2, no private citizen needs a weapon that can make 9 people dead and 20+ wounded in less than 30 seconds.

If you think they do, make a good argument why you think they do rather than just saying that others don't know what people need.

No one has said anything like that, nor that it is not an exception rather than a rule.  My wife and I just got back from shopping at a mall and other places, and guess what?  We never saw anyone toting a multiple rapid shot firearm at anytime previously any for that matter.  Last time I saw something like this was in Vietnam.

As I have posted previously here, there are some areas of Texas (and other states) where such firearms would come in handy.  It's easy in some eastern state to say what would be beneficial to some rancher.  Speaking of eastern states hasn't there been a good share of shootings there?  More so than out here in the wild, wild west.

Bye now pardner.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 25

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Texas is a big state, and can you also say that people in Alaska doesn't have a need for automatic firearms?  Without doubt some here would.

@TxGrandpa2, no private citizen needs a weapon that can make 9 people dead and 20+ wounded in less than 30 seconds.

If you think they do, make a good argument why you think they do rather than just saying that others don't know what people need.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 25

@afisher wrote:

Rural folks don't need that sort or weapon

How could anyone living in a metropolitan area be aware of what sort of firearms someone in rural areas need?  Even speaking of rural areas it would depend on which part of the state a person lives in.  West Texas is altogether different from the areas around San Antonio, Houston or Dallas-Fort Worth. 

Texas is a big state, and can you also say that people in Alaska doesn't have a need for automatic firearms?  Without doubt some here would.

It's easy for someone not living in certain areas or states to pass judgement on other areas.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors