Honored Social Butterfly

TEN COMPANIES HAVE PULLED ADS FROM BILL O'REILLY'S SHOW

CNN--After a report that several women were paid thirteen million dollars to squelch sexual harrassment charges, ten companies have now pulled their ads from Billo the Clown's show. FOXnews helped pay for these  settlements.  Swarthy information, swarthy people, swarthy "news" channel--seems those who support Trump and fellow idiots are just as disgusting, vulgar and immoral as is he.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Honored Social Butterfly

More advertisers, including BMW and Allstate, flee from Bill O’Reilly’s Fox News show over sexual harassment cases

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/bmw-pulls-advertising-bill-o-reilly-fox-news-show-article-1...
Now its 17.

Its sometimes cheaper to pay the money than go to court...that is what I think these women were counting on.

As Bill is number one because he has a fair and balanced program (that drives the left nuts..they are always putting Bill down but most do not have a clue about what his program is about as they do not watch it) which you will not find on the likes of MSNBC... he will be around as long as he wants. Advertisers will be back and new ones will come on board .

Watch his ratings.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:
More advertisers, including BMW and Allstate, flee from Bill O’Reilly’s Fox News show over sexual harassment cases

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/bmw-pulls-advertising-bill-o-reilly-fox-news-show-article-1...
Now its 17.

Its sometimes cheaper to pay the money than go to court...that is what I think these women were counting on.Even if what you are sying is the truth, do you realize what you are saying? You are saying that it was ok for O'Reiley to sexually harrass those women. Your fidelity to the man cannot make you blind as to what he has done. 

As Bill is number one because he has a fair and balanced program (that drives the left nuts..they are always putting Bill down but most do not have a clue about what his program is about as they do not watch it) which you will not find on the likes of MSNBC... he will be around as long as he wants. Advertisers will be back and new ones will come on board .So his program was amazing. outstanding. but harrasing women does not make his program better or worse.

Watch his ratings.

no name
Honored Social Butterfly

riker posted..

You are saying that it was ok for O'Reiley to sexually harrass those women. Your fidelity to the man cannot make you blind as to what he has done.

================================================

No, I did not say that.

Why did you post that?
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:

riker posted..

You are saying that it was ok for O'Reiley to sexually harrass those women. Your fidelity to the man cannot make you blind as to what he has done.

================================================

No, I did not say that.

Why did you post that?

Then do you or do you not condone the actions of O'Reilly towards all of these women?

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

The world will remember that he lied about his experiences as a correspondent in the Falklands War and also about his experiences in Central America - thus his earned and deserved nickname - Shill O'Lieley.

But the ignorant and gullible will guzzle his nonsense and disengenuities just as they always have - right wing fools being what they have always been...

44>dolt45
Honored Social Butterfly

alferdpacker posted..

The world will remember that he lied about his experiences as a correspondent in the Falklands

=======================================

FYI...

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2015/mar/03/bill-oreilly/oreilly-i-never-said-i-was-...

O’Reilly said, "I never said I was on the Falkland Islands." The central word here is "on." O’Reilly has a point that — at least so far as we can tell — he’s always said he was "in" the Falklands conflict rather than "on" the islands.

At the very least, we can say that when O’Reilly talked about the Falklands in the past, his phrasing was ambiguous — to the extent that reasonable people could understand him to mean he’d set foot in a place where military combat was taking place, not reporting from 1,000 miles away. Also, O’Reilly offered his statement as proof that he never had falsely claimed that he was in the thick of the fighting. But you can suggest you were there without specifying that you were on the islands. The English language is plenty flexible enough to convey the same meaning using a different word, such as "in."
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:

alferdpacker posted..

The world will remember that he lied about his experiences as a correspondent in the Falklands

=======================================

FYI...

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2015/mar/03/bill-oreilly/oreilly-i-never-said-i-was-...

O’Reilly said, "I never said I was on the Falkland Islands." The central word here is "on." O’Reilly has a point that — at least so far as we can tell — he’s always said he was "in" the Falklands conflict rather than "on" the islands.

At the very least, we can say that when O’Reilly talked about the Falklands in the past, his phrasing was ambiguous — to the extent that reasonable people could understand him to mean he’d set foot in a place where military combat was taking place, not reporting from 1,000 miles away. Also, O’Reilly offered his statement as proof that he never had falsely claimed that he was in the thick of the fighting. But you can suggest you were there without specifying that you were on the islands. The English language is plenty flexible enough to convey the same meaning using a different word, such as "in."

KidBoy, why try to protect such a vile man?

Honored Social Butterfly

Kidboy--O'Reilly lies on an almost daily basis--some of it is for the entertainment value--as I must remind you that he himself says that he is not a journalist, but, rather, an entertainer.  Other times, God knows why.  But one thing is clear, this time he is lying to try to save his own skin.  Commentators are now betting he will go the way of Roger Ailes.  Was Ailes innocent too? This network has a reputation for treating women as sexual objects--you know that, and if you don't it's easy to find.  (you might want to start with Megan Kelly.)  FOX didn't spend all that money because it was easy--they didn't even do it to protect O'Reilly. They did it because just like the women O'Reilly abused, he is nothing more to them than an object--albiet one that makes money--but an object none the less.

Honored Social Butterfly

pc posted..

Kidboy--O'Reilly lies on an almost daily basis--some of it is for the entertainment value--as I must remind you that he himself says that he is not a journalist, but, rather, an entertainer. Other times, God knows why. But one thing is clear, this time he is lying to try to save his own skin.

=========================================

If you watch O'Reilly you would know that his program is about current events with his opinion and contributors with different views. To see a program that makes its viewer think is refreshing...but the left do not like to hear different views.

I think its wishful thinking on your part to say he is going away....I say he will be number one a year from now.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

The few times I have tried to watch O'Reilly, I haven't been able to get through even one program.  Here's why--opinion is one thing, out and out lies, are another.

RE: companies pulling ads--35 companies--here's a few--Credit Karma, Legal zoom, Constant Contact, UNTUCKit, Mitsubishi, Pacific Life, T RowePrice, Mercedes benz, Lilly, BMW, CARFAX, Allstate, Hyandai, SANOFI, Aimsworth, Jenny Craig

O'Reilly is nothing but a money maker for FOXnews.  He's on the way out.

Worse, Trump--the grabber of women's genitalia and the one who frequently bragged about his sexual encounters on Howard Stern's sleazy show, threw his support behind O'Reilly.  That's like having a mass murderer say that someone who just killed someone else did nothing wrong.

Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:
pc posted..

Kidboy--O'Reilly lies on an almost daily basis--some of it is for the entertainment value--as I must remind you that he himself says that he is not a journalist, but, rather, an entertainer. Other times, God knows why. But one thing is clear, this time he is lying to try to save his own skin.

=========================================

If you watch O'Reilly you would know that his program is about current events with his opinion and contributors with different views. To see a program that makes its viewer think is refreshing...but the left do not like to hear different views.

I think its wishful thinking on your part to say he is going away....I say he will be number one a year from now.

I only know the inaccuracies which have been attributed to O'Reilly but the ads are just reassigned to other Fox shows, not dropped. Still, this will make it difficult to justify his 18 million salary going forward. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Today, with a huge meeting with China coming up, rather than prepping for that so he doesn't look like a fool, Trump came out in SUPPORT OF BILL O'REILLY.  I GUESS IT'S TRUE, LIKE HANGS WITH LIKE.

On another note. again, rather than prepping for his meeting with the Chinese, Trump made false accusations to the NYT about Susan Rice, saying, "i think Susan Ricer committed a crime."

Meanwhile, David Axelrod (CNN) said today that he has spoken with "National Security experts on both sides who say she has done nothing wrong."  Axelrod went on to say that "sliming" someone like this was beneath the dignity of the office of the presdent, even if it was'nt beneath the dignity of the man holding that office.

Another deflection. I haven't seen anything squirm this much with obvious guilt since I caught my dog peeing in my flower planter.

Honored Social Butterfly

If he did nothing, he wouldn't be afraid to go to court and clear his name.  Your loyalty is misplaced.  I really, really didn't want Bill Cosby to be guilty, but after so many women come forward, it's hard to deny the obvious.  Last night, a former FOXnews contributor, who made it clear that she was not suing O'Reilly.  She told himlast night  that she was standing up for what was right.  She admitted that she sent consiliatory e-mails to him--butt kissing, which she now regrets.

But here is the thing, she is out there, wanting nothing but for the right thing to be done--not for money.

When Alan Dershowitz was charged with sexual misconduct, he didn't hid behind settlements, he went out and fought the allegations.  He won.

FOXnews has tons of money.  This had nothing to do with cost, it has everything to do with sweeping another Roger Ailes like actor's actions under the rug.  Didn't work.

Honored Social Butterfly

pc posted..

Your loyalty is misplaced.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Loyalty...really?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:
pc posted..

Your loyalty is misplaced.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Loyalty...really?

Yes really. Do you or do you not condone the actions towards all of these women by Bill O'Reilly ??  If you don't answer I will assume that you do, and most likely others will too.

Honored Social Butterfly

There's a reason GOPers embraced puzzygrabberDon, and the reason is they all support a Man's right to degrade and assail women. The women who support these cretins are perhaps more amazing than black Republicans who support a party long controlled by racists.

Honored Social Butterfly

There's a reason GOPers embraced puzzygrabberDon, and the reason is they all support a Man's right to degrade and assail women. The women who support these cretins are perhaps more amazing than black Republicans who support a party long controlled by racists.

===================================================

Bill Clinton
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:

===================================================

Bill Clinton

Are saying that the reason the GOP like Trump because of Bill Clinton?

Honored Social Butterfly

it's 2017 now, but in case you have forgotten, Clinton was impeached. 

Clinton is now longer relevant when talking about sexual assault on women. But, since you want to talk about others other than O'Reilly--

here's a name for you

TRUMP

Honored Social Butterfly

Two things, first of all as a female, I deplore the actions of any man that in the workplace requires sexual favors from any subordinate or employee.

It is surprising to me that Bill O'Reilly is the kind of individual that apparently has no confidence as a man, and that needs to intimidate women in order to have its own sexual release.
Regarding the women that had to respond and provide those favors.
I am not going to become judgemental as to their behaiour. Many women have found themselves in the position of allowing that type of harrassment or loosing their job. 
And unfortunately, many cannot simply afford to loose their job. so they submit and probably gag afterwards to the actions that these pigs demand.
Men don't have the experience of having to submit to sexual favors in order to succed or to keep their jobs. so I don't believe that they have the experience to be able to judge women in that situation.
As an example, has anyone here imagine to have any sexual contact with Aisles? or O'Reilly, just the thought makes me want to puke.

no name
Honored Social Butterfly

This was the most recent link I found...

Nice to see the liar/sexual abuser getting it good and hard...

Schadefreude?  

As the half-baked Alaska would blither - you betcha...

He earned it - deserves it.

44>dolt45
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png