Getty Images and AARP present the Disrupt Aging Collection, a searchable photo collection that redefines what it means to get older. Take a look.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: TELL CONGRESS TO STOP THE BLEEDING

Message 1 of 3

My Great State of New York has such a Law , but ALL States must follow to make a big impact. We also limit magazine capacity to 10. Does yours ? 

Our Great State has a ways to go though and must make it mandatory to conduct background checks on private firearm purchases as well. It's not enough to just have background checks through Federal Licensed Dealer Purchases , which New York already requires. 

The Wild West is over America !!!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: TELL CONGRESS TO STOP THE BLEEDING

Message 2 of 3

I'd very much like to see enforcement of laws currently on the books that confiscate weapons from people with domestic violence convictions.   I'd like to see laws that make it impossible to purchase guns as well, if you have DV convictions on record.  It's a consistent theme among the mass shooters.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

TELL CONGRESS TO STOP THE BLEEDING

Message 3 of 3

Pass universal background checks.

Ban assault weapons.

Limit high capacity magazines.

Stop the sale of bump stocks.

Prevent stalkers and domestic abusers from buying firearms.

Make it easier to get mental health care than a gun.

Strengthen the National Instant Background Check System.

Overturn legislation preventing the Center for Disease Control from researching gun violence.

We can and must do these steps to save our children's lives. Doing nothing because we can't stop all murders is no longer acceptable.

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors