Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: TAXING granny!

Message 11 of 22

The exact same Tax Cuts ( Trickle Down )  crap G.W. Bush pulled that created no jobs and the insanely Wealthy even had the nerve to hide their $$$ in Tax Free oversea's accounts. The rich get richer, while 99% of us fall further behind.

It's a game for the chosen few. Go into another recession and just buy buy buy, when the blue chips drop , but It's barely surviving for many !!!

It's strange how only the Wealthy defend this Plutocratic form of government !!! 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 22

Again, good to hear you are happy!

Let's just stick with the facts at hand so that we can inform correctly.

We only know for sure that the standard deduction will double FOR SOME.   They have yet to tell us who gets this benefit.  But, they are making a point of using words like "roughly" and "some". 

Then, there's the REAL ISSUE that they are also being stealthy about.  Where are the brackets going to "break".    At what level is some poor guy in Kentucky going to go from a 12% tax rate to a whopping 25% tax rate?  Until we know that, you don't know how it is going to affect you. 

So, please don't start counting chickens or buying Corvettes!

Lastly, you sure seem to know alot about this for some guy that lives out in the boonies that doesn't pay any state taxes and has low property taxes. 

JUST SAYING.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 22

Trump's Economic Advisor Gary Cohn states he can't promise Taxes wont go up for the Middle Class , but they will certainly go down for the Wealthy.

"Drain the Swamp" - what a bunch of crap - It's the same Grand Old Plutocrats. When is 99% of America gonna wake up ? The fools put a Billionaire in Office , so who do they think he's gonna take care of ???

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 22

My state also does not have a state income tax.

I read the tax plan in the USA Today this morning. The plan seems better (for me) than I was expecting. Here's the parts that I liked:

The plan would nearly double the standard deduction, the amount that's subtracted from incomes before the tax rate is applied. The deduction would grow from $6,350 to $12,000 for individuals and from $12,700 to $24,000 for married couples.
Popular deductions for mortgage interest and charitable contributions would continue. But like the current system that requires a choice between the standard deduction or itemizing, those expenses would only be deductible if they exceed the increased standard deduction amounts above.

House leaders also have said the plan would simplify the tax code so much that most people would be able to file their returns on a postcard.

I heard Chuck Schumer on the radio this morning condemning the tax plan. He is from New York, which has a state income tax. I agreed with him about the Estate Tax. There's no good reason to eliminate it, except to protect the family dynasties.

I am skeptical about how they will pay for this tax plan. It's supposed to be deficit neutral. Expect our politicians to exaggerate our country's growth rate.

My guess is that this plan will probably increase the nation's debt. I would like to be wrong on that.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/09/27/how-president-trumps-tax-plan-affects-you-an...

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 22

I am glad to hear that you are happy with your situation.  I want that for everyone, including myself.

My husband and I have earned it; we were hard working Americans. In addition, my husband served in the Army. We are just older now.

The answer per you, or best I can tell, is for me and my husband to move to the country where you are.(?)

No matter that my kids are not there.  No matter that we would know no one and to heck with the fact that we set up our retirement based on a set of rules that are now being blown up.  We are to move somewhere where like you and isolate ourselves so that we can give corporations a tax cut?

I don't think that anyone here is the hater.  Again, I am thrilled that you and your family are okay.  But, I will always wish that things are "fair, right and good" and I will speak out when I see something that is so outrageous. 

Lastly, I should come clean and say that we saved and set up our retirement carefully and either way we will be alright.  So, this isn't just about me and my family.  Most people do not plan well and this Bill will demolish them.

Please just be informed.  Remember, if the numbers were good for us, there would already be Presentations and Posters with the numbers in 100pt font and lots of big whie teeth all over our morning shows.  The fact that they are holding those back can be nothing but a bad thing.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 22

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
I have little sympathy for rich people.

I hate to say this, but, I was referring to us. the little people. I guess you ae not aware of the fact that we the little people are not really going to get any breaks as it has been touted. Please, this is the time that we really must pay attention an really understand as to what is being said and proposed.

Trump's plan is a scam to get lower rates for the wealthy and for corporations which would equate to more profits for the wealthiest, including Trump himself.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 22

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

I live in a state where there are no state income taxes and I also live in an rural agricultural area with few services and low property taxes. Maybe you should vote to change your tax laws in your state? Wouldn't that simplify things for you and your state?

I'm good ... with my taxes and they will go down considerably, from what I make of it. The details have yet to be worked out.

... just sayin'

I live in a state where my pension is not taxed. So what !!!  Federal taxes are not a state issue !!!  I draw SS and it and my pension is federally taxed.

I care about the tax rates for everyone, not just myself. Reagan made exponential tax cuts for the wealthiest in our country (cut the top rate entirely in half and eliminated the top ten tax brackets) and it remains that way still today. When will the 99% wake the heck up !!

Just sayin' ...........

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 22

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

I hate to say this, but, I was referring to us. the little people. I guess you ae not aware of the fact that we the little people are not really going to get any breaks as it has been touted. Please, this is the time that we really must pay attention an really understand as to what is being said and proposed.

no name
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 22

Justice, mercy or grace... you pick
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 22

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

I live in a state where there are no state income taxes and I also live in an rural agricultural area with few services and low property taxes. Maybe you should vote to change your tax laws in your state? Wouldn't that simplify things for you and your state?

I'm good ... with my taxes and they will go down considerably, from what I make of it. The details have yet to be worked out.

... just sayin'

I am really, really glad that you will be ok with any of this, someone has to be ok with this new tax proposal. But I do have a question for you. Are you ok with the fact that many others will not be?

no name
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors