Staying Sharp empowers you to take control of your brain health as you age. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: TAXES

Message 1 of 18

Spot on Soosie , we can agree on issues past Trump !!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 18

@Epster wrote:

Personally, I think this is a stellar use of @nctarheel's time. Better he scream into the wilderness here than do anything remotely productive. My 2 cents. Smiley Happy

And the more he 'screams' the more he becomes like that he compares others being like.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 18

rker321:  Scout,  I can see that you too don't understand the strategy.  Sousie puts up a cartoon to bait you to put an answer to whatever she tries to say, and you simply fall for her manipulation.

Exactly, that's the only purpose, it's not intended to create a real discussion. Very transparent.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 18

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@Soosie wrote:
Most people who don't pay federal income taxes are either very young (teens and early 20s) or very old (retirees). Those are two groups of people I'm honestly thrilled to support with my tax dollars. The first group is just getting started. The last group deserves a little rest.@TemperMental.........I don't have any problem with my tax dollars going to these groups. I do have a problem with my tax dollars going to people who are capable of earning their living, but choose to take the easy road. Sometimes this route goes through entire generations of people.

OK.  But why constantly focus on them?  Comparatively speaking, they are a small number of people within the group who pays no federal taxes.

47% pay no federal income taxes. Check if you don't believe it.

Why not focus on the good that taxation does for the nation as a whole?   My husband is from a country with very little taxation.  It's not pretty.   One example of the impact is that there public school class sizes average 70 students each.  Another is that there is no formal garbage collection in a city of millions. 

While no system is perfect, I will take a developed nation's taxation any day.  Even if some don't contribute.   

@NOTHAPPENING yes, we all know that.    I was talking within that universe, and Soosie said she didn't mind paying for the very young and the retired.  Please try to keep up.  

When you say : "Comparatively speaking, they are a small number of people within the group who pays no federal taxes." and then you acknowledge that 47% don't pay taxes, you are being less than honest.  Please try to keep up!

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

TAXES

Message 5 of 18

Trump Cult members have no relationship with the facts. The new GOP tax bll which passed under Trump, added approximately 6 Million new Americans to the group which does NOT pay any federal tax. 

You see, Trump Cult members love to blame President Obama, but the facts are facts, their hero in the White House just added a large group of people to that category. It had nothing to do with President Obama.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 18

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@Soosie wrote:
Most people who don't pay federal income taxes are either very young (teens and early 20s) or very old (retirees). Those are two groups of people I'm honestly thrilled to support with my tax dollars. The first group is just getting started. The last group deserves a little rest.@TemperMental.........I don't have any problem with my tax dollars going to these groups. I do have a problem with my tax dollars going to people who are capable of earning their living, but choose to take the easy road. Sometimes this route goes through entire generations of people.

OK.  But why constantly focus on them?  Comparatively speaking, they are a small number of people within the group who pays no federal taxes.

Why not focus on the good that taxation does for the nation as a whole?   My husband is from a country with very little taxation.  It's not pretty.   One example of the impact is that there public school class sizes average 70 students each.  Another is that there is no formal garbage collection in a city of millions. 

While no system is perfect, I will take a developed nation's taxation any day.  Even if some don't contribute.   

@NOTHAPPENING yes, we all know that.    I was talking within that universe, and Soosie said she didn't mind paying for the very young and the retired.  Please try to keep up.  

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 18

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

I remember that one and it cost the Presidency to the candidate, Hoping that you are not forgetting that also.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 18

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 18

@Soosie wrote:

OK.  But why constantly focus on them?  Comparatively speaking, they are a small number of people within the group who pays no federal taxes.   Why not focus on the good that taxation does for the nation as a whole?   My husband is from a country with very little taxation.  It's not pretty.   One example of the impact is that there public school class sizes average 70 students each.  Another is that there is no formal garbage collection in a city of millions. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 18
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors