Honored Social Butterfly

Symptomatic and Asymptomatic infected indiviudals

It seems that now they are telling us that people who show no symptoms  could transmit the virurs. so, if this is something to consider, how many people are walking around with this virus and not even knowing that they are spreading this virus?
Many people are continuing to lead their lives as if nothing is happening. and if that continues we will see a very high spike of this virus. and who knows how many more deaths will occur.
The younger generation because they have been told that they won't have a problem are not really taking this seriously and we will see the results of all of this.

no name
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

how many people are walking around with this virus and not even knowing that they are spreading this virus?

Can't tell without testing, get a big enough test sample and you could probably extrapolate an estimate.

IE, test a million people, 30% have the virus, = 30% of the entire population have the virus.

The spread is exponential until it peaks, then tapers off as people get natural immunity or die.

The virus will die without a human host, but it's pandemic now, it's can't be contained.

Vaccine is a year away,  so do what you have to do to avoid the virus, or take a chance and hope for the best.

Honored Social Butterfly

A coronavirus pandemic is sweeping the world, but what exactly is a virus? Is it alive?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2020/03/15/coronavirus-covid-19-pandemic-what-virus-virus...

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Roxanna35 wrote:

It seems that now they are telling us that people who show no symptoms  could transmit the virurs. so, if this is something to consider, how many people are walking around with this virus and not even knowing that they are spreading this virus?
Many people are continuing to lead their lives as if nothing is happening. and if that continues we will see a very high spike of this virus. and who knows how many more deaths will occur.
The younger generation because they have been told that they won't have a problem are not really taking this seriously and we will see the results of all of this.

Follow these links all the way through -

CDC.gov - Coronavirus (COVID-19) 

CDC.gov - How to Protect Yourself 

CDC.gov - What To Do if You Are Sick 

CDC.gov - Testing in the US 

I can't speak to what other people - or the younger generation - are doing.  We can take precautions to protect ourselves. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@GailL1 wrote:

I can't speak to what other people - or the younger generation - are doing.  We can take precautions to protect ourselves. 

How can I protect myself when there are idiots out there that may be undoing what I am doing? Yes, I am staying home. but eventually I will need to go out and replenish, then what? If they don't control this younger generation. what ca we old people do? or expect?

no name
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png