Kudos
Views

Re: Symbiosis of Trump - Joe McCarthy - Roy Cohn

Message 1 of 8

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

There actually is a similarity - McCarthy was opposed to the Communists that the Dems supported and Trump is opposed to the neoMarxists that the Dems support.

Oh the Similarity is much more Profund than that...................................regardless of what any of them truly beleived.............................................

A Argument that in the cases of all 3 of these Inhuman Animals the MEANS justifies the END is indefensible.............................

The Corrupt Use of the US Government & Justice System to ruin lives and wreak havoc on all your perceived enemies real or imagined whether they be - political - financial - personal is perverted

You said it is more profund (profund?) and then went as "profund" as something about human animals.

What is the "profund" part that I missed? 

I hope it wasn't the "ruined lives" part considering what Mueller is doing to people for no reason other than to "Get Trump by any means necessary".

Lives all Ruined by Trump

Rick Wilson - Longtime Well Respected Republican Strategist - Said it Best in this New Book

Everything Trump Touches Dies:

A Republican Strategist Gets Real About the Worst President Ever

Just look at the Todays News

1. Trumps Campaign Manager set to hear verdict on 18 Felony Counts - update Guilty of 8 counts

2. Trumps Longtime Personal Lawyer pleading guilty to several counts

Again - Oh the Similarity is much more Profund than that......... what about this is more Profund than the McCarthy issue?

You seem to want to drop little stink-bombs and then move on to the next one.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 8

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

There actually is a similarity - McCarthy was opposed to the Communists that the Dems supported and Trump is opposed to the neoMarxists that the Dems support.

Oh the Similarity is much more Profund than that...................................regardless of what any of them truly beleived.............................................

A Argument that in the cases of all 3 of these Inhuman Animals the MEANS justifies the END is indefensible.............................

The Corrupt Use of the US Government & Justice System to ruin lives and wreak havoc on all your perceived enemies real or imagined whether they be - political - financial - personal is perverted

You said it is more profund (profund?) and then went as "profund" as something about human animals.

I hope it wasn't the "ruined lives" part considering what Mueller is doing to people for no reason other than to "Get Trump by any means necessary".

Lives all Ruined by Trump

Rick Wilson - Longtime Well Respected Republican Strategist - Said it Best in this New Book

Everything Trump Touches Dies:

A Republican Strategist Gets Real About the Worst President Ever

Just look at the Todays News

1. Trumps Campaign Manager set to hear verdict on 18 Felony Counts - update Guilty of 8 counts

2. Trumps Longtime Personal Lawyer pleading guilty to several counts

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 8

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 8

@umbarch64 wrote:

@mickstuder Good informative post.....I wish you would have cited your source for the psychological projection bit.  More than one professional without political affiliations has made that observation. That characteristic is a damning one when it comes to evaluate the Republican Party of today.  It isn't just 'the donald' involved here...it was endemic within only a identifiable sector of the Party.  Pretty widespread now. 

I suggest this character flaw has been deliberately nurtured to exploit those who are vulnerable.  Those who do it, know what they are doing. That's beyond cynical.

To understand what's going on, simply listen as long as you can stand it to Trump apologists appearing on platforms the media provide.  How can so much duplication recur spontaneously?  Answer:  It can't. 

It's cribbed from a common source, is a pre-planned and coordinated situational response or a product of indoctrination. Coincidence of that sort and that scope simply does not happen naturally. 

Without drawing any further conclusion, I am going to observe that this was and is a common propaganda tactic the Eastern Bloc historically employed across the board.  Russia, China, Korea, etc. You get the idea. Totalitarian regmes all.

That characteristic now seems rooted in the dna of an entire sector of this Nation's voting population  About 35-37 % as near as I can tell.  They now control a major Party. 

See?  The litany thingys do work.  It could be a quirk belonging to all or just some humans. It could be that it became 'de riguer' within the ranks because others "Do it ToooooOOOOOO!"   Whatever....the Leadership agressively and cynically exploited it and the faithful quickly picked it up and ran with it.  Like a virus, it spreads.

Republicans [writ large] adopted projection as a tactic right across the board about the time of Goldwater and McCarthy.  I'm not sure they knew enough about it to call it that.  They haven't looked back once that I can tell. 

That's a shame.  They used to fill the role of the "loyal oppositon" quite well when Democrats had control and vice-versa.  Something really bad went wrong and power for power's sake became an obsession.  The Nation became secondary to that.  The Nation got left with the hind _ _ _ _ so to speak.

The Republican Party Leadership exploited their infected base, accepted a vile pracice, lost control and the 'trickle down effect' kicked in 'big time'.  Leadership does it....we all do it....rah, rah, rah.  Truth and ethics went extinct within the Party. Whatever works became the mantra.  Psychological projection works.  It's sick, but it works.

It was just from Wiki...................

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 8

@mickstuder Good informative post.....I wish you would have cited your source for the psychological projection bit.  More than one professional without political affiliations has made that observation. That characteristic is a damning one when it comes to evaluate the Republican Party of today.  It isn't just 'the donald' involved here...it was endemic within only a identifiable sector of the Party.  Pretty widespread now. 

I suggest this character flaw has been deliberately nurtured to exploit those who are vulnerable.  Those who do it, know what they are doing. That's beyond cynical.

To understand what's going on, simply listen as long as you can stand it to Trump apologists appearing on platforms the media provide.  How can so much duplication recur spontaneously?  Answer:  It can't. 

It's cribbed from a common source, is a pre-planned and coordinated situational response or a product of indoctrination. Coincidence of that sort and that scope simply does not happen naturally. 

Without drawing any further conclusion, I am going to observe that this was and is a common propaganda tactic the Eastern Bloc historically employed across the board.  Russia, China, Korea, etc. You get the idea. Totalitarian regmes all.

That characteristic now seems rooted in the dna of an entire sector of this Nation's voting population  About 35-37 % as near as I can tell.  They now control a major Party. 

See?  The litany thingys do work.  It could be a quirk belonging to all or just some humans. It could be that it became 'de riguer' within the ranks because others "Do it ToooooOOOOOO!"   Whatever....the Leadership agressively and cynically exploited it and the faithful quickly picked it up and ran with it.  Like a virus, it spreads.

Republicans [writ large] adopted projection as a tactic right across the board about the time of Goldwater and McCarthy.  I'm not sure they knew enough about it to call it that.  They haven't looked back once that I can tell. 

That's a shame.  They used to fill the role of the "loyal oppositon" quite well when Democrats had control and vice-versa.  Something really bad went wrong and power for power's sake became an obsession.  The Nation became secondary to that.  The Nation got left with the hind _ _ _ _ so to speak.

The Republican Party Leadership exploited their infected base, accepted a vile pracice, lost control and the 'trickle down effect' kicked in 'big time'.  Leadership does it....we all do it....rah, rah, rah.  Truth and ethics went extinct within the Party. Whatever works became the mantra.  Psychological projection works.  It's sick, but it works.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 8

@rk9152 wrote:

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 8

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views
Replies

Symbiosis of Trump - Joe McCarthy - Roy Cohn

Message 8 of 8

Increasingly - Trump has been - PROJECTING - his Roy Cohn/Joe McCarthy Psychosis

Psychological projection is a theory in psychology in which the human ego defends itself against unconscious impulses or qualities (both positive and negative) by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others.[1]

For example, a person who is habitually rude may constantly accuse other people of being rude. It incorporates blame shifting.

Trump on McCarthy.png

Trump on McCarthy 1.png

Trump on McCarthy 2.png

1. In 1973, a brash young would-be developer from Queens met one of New York’s premier power brokers: Roy Cohn, whose name is still synonymous with the rise of McCarthyism and its dark political arts.

2. With the ruthless attorney as a guide, Trump propelled himself into the city’s power circles and learned many of the tactics that would inexplicably lead him to the White House years later.

3. Donald calls me 15 to 20 times a day,” Roy Cohn told me on the day we met. “He is always asking, ‘What is the status of this . . . and that?’ ”

4. It was 1980. I had been assigned to write a story on Donald Trump, the brash young developer who was then trying to make a name for himself in New York City, and I had come to see the man who, at the time, was in many ways Trump’s alter ego: the wily, menacing lawyer who had gained national renown, and enmity, for his ravenous anti-Communist grandstanding.

Trump was 34 and using the connections of his father, Brooklyn and Queens real-estate developer Fred Trump, as he navigated the rough-and-tumble world of political bosses. He had recently opened the Grand Hyatt Hotel, bringing life back to a dreary area near Grand Central Terminal during a period when the city had yet to fully recover from near bankruptcy.

His wife, Ivana, led me through the construction site in a white wool Thierry Mugler jumpsuit. “When will it be finished? When?,” she shouted at workers as she clicked through in stiletto heels.

5. Cohn was best known as a ruthless prosecutor. During the Red Scare of the 1950s, he and Wisconsin senator Joe McCarthy, the fabulist and virulent nationalist crusader, had hauled dozens of alleged “Communist sympathizers” before a Senate panel. Earlier, the House Un-American Activities Committee had skewered artists and entertainers on similar charges, resulting in a trail of fear, prison sentences, and ruined careers for hundreds, many of whom had found common cause in fighting Fascism.

But in the decades since, Cohn had become the premier practitioner of hardball deal-making in New York, having mastered the arcane rules of the city’s Favor Bank (the local cabal of interconnected influence peddlers) and its magical ability to provide inside fixes for its machers and rogues.

6. “You knew when you were in Cohn’s presence you were in the presence of pure evil,” said lawyer Victor A. Kovner, who had known him for years. Cohn’s power derived largely from his ability to scare potential adversaries with hollow threats and spurious lawsuits. And the fee he demanded for his services? Ironclad loyalty.

7. For author Sam Roberts, the essence of Cohn’s influence on Trump was the triad: “Roy was a master of situational immorality . . . . He worked with a three-dimensional strategy, which was: 1. Never settle, never surrender. 2. Counter-attack, counter-sue immediately. 3. No matter what happens, no matter how deeply into the muck you get, claim victory and never admit defeat.” As columnist Liz Smith once observed, “Donald lost his moral compass when he made an alliance with Roy Cohn.”

8. As Donald Trump would later tell the story, he ran into Cohn for the first time at Le Club, a members-only nightspot in Manhattan’s East 50s, where models and fashionistas and Eurotrash went to be seen. “The government has just filed suit against our company,” Trump explained, “saying that we discriminated against blacks . . . . What do you think I should do?”

“Tell them to go to he77 and fight the thing in court and let them prove you discriminated,” Cohn shot back. The Trumps would soon retain Cohn to represent them.

9. The evidence was damning. At 39 Trump-owned properties, according to the Department of Justice lawsuit, widespread practices were used to avoid renting to blacks, including implementing a secret code. When a prospective black renter would apply for an apartment, the paperwork would allegedly be marked with a C—indicating “colored” (a charge that, if true, would constitute a violation of the Fair Housing Act). Nevertheless, the Trumps countersued the government. “It just stunned me,” the lawyer and journalist Steven Brill recently recalled. “They actually got reporters to appear for a press conference where they announced that they were suing [the Justice Department] for defamation for $100 million. You couldn’t get through your second day of law school without knowing it was a totally bogus lawsuit. And, of course, it was thrown out.”

A race-discrimination case of this magnitude might have sunk many a developer, but Cohn persisted. Under his guidance, the Trumps settled by agreeing to stipulations to prevent future discrimination at their properties—but came away without admitting guilt. (With that, a Trump strategy was launched. Decades later, when questioned about the case in one of the presidential debates, Trump would declare, “It was a federal lawsuit—[we] were sued. We settled the suit . . . with no admission of guilt.”)

10. Come and make your pitch to me,” Roy Cohn told Roger Stone when they met at a New York dinner party in 1979. Stone, though only 27, had achieved a degree of notoriety as one of Richard Nixon’s political dirty-tricksters. At the time, he was running Ronald Reagan’s presidential-campaign organization in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut, and he needed office space.

Stone appeared on East 68th Street to find Cohn, just awakened, in his robe, sitting with one of his clients, Mob boss “Fat Tony” Salerno, of the Genovese crime family. “In front of [Roy] was a slab of cream cheese and three burnt slices of bacon,” Stone remembered. “He ate the cream cheese with his pointing finger. He listened to my pitch and said, ‘You need to see Donald Trump. I will get you in, but then you are on your own.’ ”

Source - https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/06/donald-trump-roy-cohn-relationship

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Call-in Event: Coronavirus: Maintaining Your Well-Being

Ask experts about the coronavirus, learn how to protect yourself, stay connected and cope with stress and anxiety brought on by the pandemic. Join AARP for a special call-in event April 9, at 1:00 pm (EDT).

You can participate by calling toll-free 1-855-274-9507.

Learn more about the event on our Tele-Town Hall page.

Top Authors