Rethink your job search and find opportunities for experienced workers with the AARP job board.

Reply
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
171
Views

Re: Sweet Quarterly GDP #, But Changes in Real Wages Dive

171 Views
Message 21 of 50

The only thing that I am going to argue is what Trump  stated'   that the economy grew "an amazing"  4.1 %. never  reached before   I am sure that all of you know for a fact that Reagan, Clinton, Bush and Obama  hit those numbers quite a bit during their Administration. so the word "amazing" is an exaggeration at this point in time.

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
171
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
150
Views

Re: Sweet Quarterly GDP #, But Changes in Real Wages Dive

150 Views
Message 22 of 50

@williamb39198 wrote:

@CS402050

For some numbers? A person making 50,000 per year, what is their net gain from the tax cuts.

Maybe $1000-$2000.

For a person making 500,000 per year, what is there net gain from the tax cuts. Compare both with percentages of gain. 

 

A lot more than $2000 because they were getting fleeced by the prior tax system. Wouldn't you expect those paying the most to get back the most? Probably doesn't sound logical to liberals.

Now, for the person making 50,000 per year, once you factor in increased fuel costs, increased medical & med insurance costs, and inflation, what is their net wage gain? Are they better off?

No one is considering how "comfortable" one is with these tax cuts but liberals. If you want more comfort (money), then earn it. Don't expect others to donate money to you.

When you cut taxes, those PAYING the most get the most back!

This would not even include increased cost from lack of trade agreements and tariffs imposed, which will hit in the near future, including repercussions from the deficits created by the tax cuts. Hard to see real net gains, except for well to do who will make out better from the tax cuts. No mystery there. 

 

Remember time bombs


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
150
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
162
Views

Re: Sweet Quarterly GDP #, But Changes in Real Wages Dive

162 Views
Message 23 of 50

@CS402050

For some numbers? A person making 50,000 per year, what is their net gain from the tax cuts. For a person making 500,000 per year, what is there net gain from the tax cuts. Compare both with percentages of gain. 

Now, for the person making 50,000 per year, once you factor in increased fuel costs, increased medical & med insurance costs, and inflation, what is their net wage gain? Are they better off?

This would not even include increased cost from lack of trade agreements and tariffs imposed, which will hit in the near future, including repercussions from the deficits created by the tax cuts. Hard to see real net gains, except for well to do who will make out better from the tax cuts. No mystery there. 

 

Remember time bombs

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
162
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
157
Views

Re: Sweet Quarterly GDP #, But Changes in Real Wages Dive

157 Views
Message 24 of 50

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

The richest 1 percent now owns more of the country’s wealth than at any time in the past 50 years

 

The wealthiest 1 percent of American households own 40 percent of the country's wealth, according to a new paper by economist Edward N. Wolff. That share is higher than it has been at any point since at least 1962, according to Wolff's data, which comes from the federal Survey of Consumer Finances.

 

 


And that 1% pays 45.7% of all income tax. Your point??

If 1% of the Children in the First Grade are given 1/2 of all the Red Crayons - it's not surprising that most of the Drawings in the First Grade will be Yellow Green & Blue

 

Is that your point?

 

We are not talking about first grade crayons - try to focus. We are talking about productive members of society (to whom you seem to object) owning 40% of the wealth but you are not giving them credit for paying 46% of the taxes.

 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
157
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
175
Views

Re: Sweet Quarterly GDP #, But Changes in Real Wages Dive

175 Views
Message 25 of 50

Liberals are so predictable it would be hilarious if what they do wasn't so sad. Case in point. Here we have a thread that claims “... REAL Wages … is taking a sharp dive” and “trump claimed Tax cuts were going to improve wage growth, but it hasn't happened.” WRONG on both counts as the evidence shows. So what do liberals do when caught in a lie? AS ALWAYS, change the subject and start calling people names. For example, in this thread:

 

The richest 1 percent now owns more of the country’s wealth than at any time in the past 50 years”

 

... the tax cuts are a sugar high and time bomb.”

 

Do you have support for trickle down economics?”

 

Pathetic, and soooo Republican - the true party of hatred for Women, gays, the poor, minorities and anyone who exposes their calumnite nature.”

 

Let me repeat, ACCORDING TO THE ACTUAL EVIDENCE, nominal wages increased (which is the point of tax cuts) and real wages DID NOT take “a sharp dive.” And even if neither of those things was true it would be immaterial because one or two quarters is not sufficient to judge the true effect of the tax cuts.

 

So, does anyone have anything to say that actually addresses the subject of this thread, i.e. the lie that real wages took “a sharp dive?” Anything? Anything?

 

BTW, a dose of reality. Democrats are no longer the party of the middle class. Now they cheer against anything that would help the middle class because they fear it will help Trump. They spend all their time trying to make Trump look bad and calling him names because they have nothing to offer and, consequently, have no other message to attract voters. Now democrats are no more than the party of NO. But people see right through that. The people of this country want results and they understand that the results are not coming as fast as they should due to the party of NO. And that is why I previously said:

 

There are people who make things happen, there are people who watch things happen, and there are people who ask, "What happened?"  Based on all the nonsense I see here I fully expect the liberals to be asking "WHAT HAPPENED?" in November.  Just like they've been asking ever since the last election.

 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
175
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
193
Views

Re: Sweet Quarterly GDP #, But Changes in Real Wages Dive

193 Views
Message 26 of 50

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

The richest 1 percent now owns more of the country’s wealth than at any time in the past 50 years

 

The wealthiest 1 percent of American households own 40 percent of the country's wealth, according to a new paper by economist Edward N. Wolff. That share is higher than it has been at any point since at least 1962, according to Wolff's data, which comes from the federal Survey of Consumer Finances.

 

 


And that 1% pays 45.7% of all income tax. Your point??

If 1% of the Children in the First Grade are given 1/2 of all the Red Crayons - it's not surprising that most of the Drawings in the First Grade will be Yellow Green & Blue

 

Is that your point?

 

 

 

 

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
193
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
185
Views

Re: Sweet Quarterly GDP #, But Changes in Real Wages Dive

185 Views
Message 27 of 50

@Olderscout66 wrote:

GOPers continue to insist showing outrage at how the 99% has been screwed over by Republicans for the last 50 years is somehow a sign of "hatred" while kidnapping non-white refugee children then sending them to sleep on cement floors and vilifying half the American public who isn't being paid enough to pay Federal income tax is okay?

 

Pathetic, and soooo Republican - the true party of hatred for Women, gays, the poor, minorities and anyone who exposes their calumnite nature.


Your "facts" are not real facts since if 99% were getting screwed, the GOP wouldn't be in office. 1% don't win elections (even with your made up claim that the Russians fixed the election.

 

Expect more loses at the next election!

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
185
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
180
Views

Re: Sweet Quarterly GDP #, But Changes in Real Wages Dive

180 Views
Message 28 of 50

@Olderscout66 wrote:

GOPers continue to insist showing outrage at how the 99% has been screwed over by Republicans for the last 50 years is somehow a sign of "hatred" while kidnapping non-white refugee children then sending them to sleep on cement floors and vilifying half the American public who isn't being paid enough to pay Federal income tax is okay?

 

Pathetic, and soooo Republican - the true party of hatred for Women, gays, the poor, minorities and anyone who exposes their calumnite nature.


What have your racist, gay, etc, comment to do with the positives of the economy?

 

And what is my calumnite nature?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
180
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
173
Views

Re: Sweet Quarterly GDP #, But Changes in Real Wages Dive

173 Views
Message 29 of 50

@creppelrm wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

Cent & Umbar, great applicable posts. Just reinforces the “great lie”

of promises made promises kept. 

-Infrastructure program 

-Mexico will pay for the wall

-Great affordable healthcare

-Will unite the country

-Middle class tax cuts and tax reform

-Drain the swamp

-I’ll be working all the time, no golf

-I will hire only the best people

In truly describing trump, his policies, and fabrications as...”sugar highs” and “ticking time bombs”!

trump supporters did not pay attention to: the “Buyer Beware” sign

 

tick, tick, tick


Does any of the screed mean that the economy is not doing very well and Americans are not enjoying the benefits? I gotta yell ya, you guys (generic) better come up with something more than the hate filled negativity before November.


Sure don't show everyone is happy according to Trumps approval ratings.


I'll try again - Does any of the screed mean that the economy is not doing very well and Americans are not enjoying the benefits?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
173
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
172
Views

Re: Sweet Quarterly GDP #, But Changes in Real Wages Dive

172 Views
Message 30 of 50

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Anyone who STILL does not realize the mal-distribution of wealth is caused by the Reagan taxscam that allows the one's divinding the pie to keep whatever slice they give themselves is simply dillusional. the top 20% is the "managerial class" and they did NOT acquire 90% of EVERYTHING by being 4 1/2 times smarter or more productive or harder working than the next 80%. They got it because THEY are the ones who set the pay scales, INCLUDING THEIR OWN.

 

Before Reagan, they COULD do this, but it would get them NOTHING because each additional dollar they gave themselves would simply increase their tax burden by 75cents. So they gave themselves modest raises and the workers got BIGGER RAISES which they spent which grew the economy which made EVERYBODY better off.

 

Want income to once again increase as worker productivity increases? REPEAL THE REAGAN TAXSCAM! And to do that, the first step is to

VOTE OUT THE NRAGOP IN NOVEMBER!


https://money.cnn.com/2013/03/12/news/economy/rich-taxes/index.html

 

This shows your ongoing claims about the Reagan tax cuts are fraudulent. Can they stop now?

 

Yes, "wealth redistribution" is your ideal. Fine - defend it but defend it honestly.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
172
Views