Rethink your job search and find opportunities for experienced workers with the AARP job board.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Sweet Quarterly GDP #, But Changes in Real Wages Dive

Message 1 of 50

@williamb39198 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING

Are you saying that upper income earners are paying a greater percentage of taxes on their wages versus the percent of wage taxes paid by the middle class?

Some are and some aren't. Those that have all their income via capital gains/dividends (like Warren Buffett) are paying a lower percentage than many in the middle class yet still an astronomical dollar amount.  BTW, capital gains/dividend taxes were not lowered (by Trump) so your buddy Warren didn't get a big break. People in all brackets (ordinary income) were all lowered.

Are you claiming that the upper income people are not paying their fair share? Don't forget, the top 1% earners are paying 40% of all taxes and the bottom 50% pay ONLY 2.8% of all taxes!

https://howmuch.net/articles/high-income-americans-pay-majority-of-federal-taxes

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 50

So .............. does one quarterly GDP number outweigh all of the lies that trump has told and will tell? Does it outweigh alienating all of our allies and his sucking up to Putin? Does it outweigh trump inviting the Russians to find information on Hillary that would help him win the presidential election?

Of course not.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 50

@williamb39198 wrote:

@rk9152

Point is, the posts make no sense about Dem presidents being repubs! So who is posting nonsense and insults? I was just asking a question to clarify. 

Read carefully - the poster was blaming "repubs" for something that the chart shows from 1964 and continuing on.

Now you post, "Oh - got it".

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 50

@rk9152

Point is, the posts make no sense about Dem presidents being repubs! So who is posting nonsense and insults? I was just asking a question to clarify. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 50

@rker321 wrote:

Why are we discussing other Presidents when we have thia present  that hit in 18 months  a GDP of 4.1% and thinks that he has discovered the Mediterranean.?

let's see how many other 4.% GDP he is able to put on his  report  card and then make an evaluation

I did not get the Mediterranean tweet. Can you quote it - or are you just being disingenuous again?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 50

@williamb39198 wrote:

@rk9152

What? Not following that at all. 

repub Dems?

It would be necessary to look at the dates on the chart and remember Presidential terms. 

Sometimes more than just posting nonsense and insults is required.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 50

@rker321 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

The only thing that I am going to argue is what Trump  stated'   that the economy grew "an amazing"  4.1 %. never  reached before   I am sure that all of you know for a fact that Reagan, Clinton, Bush and Obama  hit those numbers quite a bit during their Administration. so the word "amazing" is an exaggeration at this point in time.

"Never reached before" without adding "during my term" is not only an exaggeration, it's a flat out LIE.  But we've come to expect that with this clown.

I wonder how many of Trump Followers actually have researched that  statement.? is so easy to find out about what other Administrations have done by quarter that it seems to me not a very well constructed lie.

They rarely are for this liar we have as President.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 50

Why are we discussing other Presidents when we have thia present  that hit in 18 months  a GDP of 4.1% and thinks that he has discovered the Mediterranean.?

let's see how many other 4.% GDP he is able to put on his  report  card and then make an evaluation

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 50

@rk9152

What? Not following that at all. 

repub Dems?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 50

@williamb39198 wrote:

@Olderscout66

Once again great job on compiling stats about the repubs and our current crisis with trump! Sure that comments will follow.

Are you aware that you are including repubs named Johnson, Carter, Clinton, and Obama?

Kudos
Views