From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Susan Collins and Joe Manchin will vote to confirm Brett Kavanaugh

Message 1 of 34

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Within the context of free speech there is the phrase "unproven political claims" that must be considered by honest people.

And of what "honest people" do you speak-- when in Trump World truth is not the truth and a lie will due just fine if it serves the purpose and results in "The Win?"

"Honest people" - I'd like to think that refers to at least most of our fellow posters.

Well if  as you say,  most of our fellow posters are indeed "honest,"  I can only conclude that many on the right have been overtaken by the delusion of lies, hate speech, and manipulation put forth by the Trump Administration and the very divisive direction he and his policies are taking our country. 

Oh well, I tried.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 34

@cn5621 wrote:

I am a Democrat who respected Senator Collins even when our views differed. After listening to that speech she gave I no longer have any respect for her. I don't have any idea what  McConnell promised her.  If she didn't sell out then she is just to dumb to be a Senator. I had given her credit for being a person with a backbone, I was wrong. The last Republican with guts was John McCain. If I was looking her in the eye and she gave me that line of bull, I would  tell her," Don't pee on shoes and tell me it is raining." I probably would not be that polite. 

What in her speech bothered you - was it only the support for Kavanaugh?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 34

@rk9152 wrote:

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Within the context of free speech there is the phrase "unproven political claims" that must be considered by honest people.

And of what "honest people" do you speak-- when in Trump World truth is not the truth and a lie will due just fine if it serves the purpose and results in "The Win?"

"Honest people" - I'd like to think that refers to at least most of our fellow posters.

Well if  as you say,  most of our fellow posters are indeed "honest,"  I can only conclude that many on the right have been overtaken by the delusion of lies, hate speech, and manipulation put forth by the Trump Administration and the very divisive direction he and his policies are taking our country. 

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 34

I am a Democrat who respected Senator Collins even when our views differed. After listening to that speech she gave I no longer have any respect for her. I don't have any idea what  McConnell promised her.  If she didn't sell out then she is just to dumb to be a Senator. I had given her credit for being a person with a backbone, I was wrong. The last Republican with guts was John McCain. If I was looking her in the eye and she gave me that line of bull, I would  tell her," Don't pee on shoes and tell me it is raining." I probably would not be that polite. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 34

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

What it all demonstrated was a person who was unstable, particularly when they've been drinking, and proud of it. Nothing courteous about proclaiming "we're coming to break the law by being drunk and disorderly." Unless he was drunk when he said that, too, which then goes right back to the crux of the issue.

Throwing anything at anybody is an assault. It's amazing to watch the supposed champions of "law & order" dismiss it for an obnoxious drunk they want on the Supreme Court.

As I've stated before, the FBI should have gone to "Timmy's" house, where the obnoxious drunk said he went for "skis" that night in July (incidentally, "skis" is slang for brewskis aka beer), to see if the layout of the upstairs leading to the bathroom is as Dr. Ford described.

"Boofing" was still never about farting, and the "devil's triangle" was never a drinking game. If the obnoxious drunk ever has to, ahem, "testify under oath" again, and his behavior while drinking is once again the topic, I fully expect him to break into a Tom T Hall song whilst exulting his love of alcohol.

Unverified claims about a randy teen, throwing ice cubes in a bar by a college kid

And the law dismisses crimes by teenagers and college kids since..... ??? Plenty of people in prison that were teenagers tried, and sentenced, as adults.

It's been a real treat watching all the anti-politically correct snowflakes invent new phrases for dismissing behavior within their cult of hate. "Randy teen" is a cutesy way of saying law-breaking white male-priviledged self-described obnoxious drunk.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 34

If you don't like the way this went with the Judge or where our Country is headed :

GET OUT AND VOTE. 

Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 34
LydiaN586309 posted..

===============================================================

Trump? No, its not about Trump.

Susan Collins gave a great speech...she was precis ..it was about facts.. it gave reasons why she was going to vote for Judge Kavanaugh and did not bad mouth Dr Ford. All our politicians could or should use her speech as a example on how to state a case.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 34

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 34

@BigLib wrote:

What it all demonstrated was a person who was unstable, particularly when they've been drinking, and proud of it. Nothing courteous about proclaiming "we're coming to break the law by being drunk and disorderly." Unless he was drunk when he said that, too, which then goes right back to the crux of the issue.

Throwing anything at anybody is an assault. It's amazing to watch the supposed champions of "law & order" dismiss it for an obnoxious drunk they want on the Supreme Court.

As I've stated before, the FBI should have gone to "Timmy's" house, where the obnoxious drunk said he went for "skis" that night in July (incidentally, "skis" is slang for brewskis aka beer), to see if the layout of the upstairs leading to the bathroom is as Dr. Ford described.

"Boofing" was still never about farting, and the "devil's triangle" was never a drinking game. If the obnoxious drunk ever has to, ahem, "testify under oath" again, and his behavior while drinking is once again the topic, I fully expect him to break into a Tom T Hall song whilst exulting his love of alcohol.

Unverified claims about a randy teen, throwing ice cubes in a bar by a college kid and a courteous note to neighbors about a party hardly create the image of instability or an obnoxious drunk.

Accept the reality - the Dems were just throwing out stuff to delay the confirmation in the hope getting a different candidate after the elections. So, you are either playing their game or have been a victim of it. Only you would know.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 34

@rk9152 wrote:

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

I watched all of Collins' speech. And when the obnoxious drunk throws case after case of precedence out the window, we'll know Collins was lying. And when the obnoxious drunk votes to gut the ACA, we'll know Collins was lying. And when the obnoxious drunk votes to overturn Roe, we'll know Collins was lying. And when we still see nothing but 5-4 votes that Collins claims the obnoxious drunk would mark the end of, we'll know she was lying.

It's the GOP's baby, and they get to own it.

"obnoxious drunk" - how sad it is to see people so controlled by the political activist and Party leaders that they will accept as truth such unproven political claims.

BigLib spoke their opinion.  And how wonderful that we're still allowed freedom of speech here in America despite the disagreement of others and their "word for word" challenges to it.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors