Esteemed Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 11 of 34

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

I watched all of Collins' speech. And when the obnoxious drunk throws case after case of precedence out the window, we'll know Collins was lying. And when the obnoxious drunk votes to gut the ACA, we'll know Collins was lying. And when the obnoxious drunk votes to overturn Roe, we'll know Collins was lying. And when we still see nothing but 5-4 votes that Collins claims the obnoxious drunk would mark the end of, we'll know she was lying.

It's the GOP's baby, and they get to own it.

"obnoxious drunk" - how sad it is to see people so controlled by the political activist and Party leaders that they will accept as truth such unproven political claims.

How sad it is to see people so ignorant of the actual facts in a case, that they are completely unaware that Kavanaugh labeled himself and his drinking buddies obnoxious drunks. Never did hear when or if he's ever stopped being an obnoxious drunk.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/03/kavanaugh-in-1983-letter-to-friends-were-loud-obnoxious-drunks.html

The only charge had to do with sexual assault in HS. Throwing ice cubes in a bar does create "actual facts" about that. As to the 1983 letter - it was a joking bit of courtesy. Let it go.

What it all demonstrated was a person who was unstable, particularly when they've been drinking, and proud of it. Nothing courteous about proclaiming "we're coming to break the law by being drunk and disorderly." Unless he was drunk when he said that, too, which then goes right back to the crux of the issue.

Throwing anything at anybody is an assault. It's amazing to watch the supposed champions of "law & order" dismiss it for an obnoxious drunk they want on the Supreme Court.

As I've stated before, the FBI should have gone to "Timmy's" house, where the obnoxious drunk said he went for "skis" that night in July (incidentally, "skis" is slang for brewskis aka beer), to see if the layout of the upstairs leading to the bathroom is as Dr. Ford described.

"Boofing" was still never about farting, and the "devil's triangle" was never a drinking game. If the obnoxious drunk ever has to, ahem, "testify under oath" again, and his behavior while drinking is once again the topic, I fully expect him to break into a Tom T Hall song whilst exulting his love of alcohol.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (13 pages of lies and growing)
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 34

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

I watched all of Collins' speech. And when the obnoxious drunk throws case after case of precedence out the window, we'll know Collins was lying. And when the obnoxious drunk votes to gut the ACA, we'll know Collins was lying. And when the obnoxious drunk votes to overturn Roe, we'll know Collins was lying. And when we still see nothing but 5-4 votes that Collins claims the obnoxious drunk would mark the end of, we'll know she was lying.

"obnoxious drunk" - how sad it is to see people so controlled by the political activist and Party leaders that they will accept as truth such unproven political claims.

BigLib spoke their opinion.  And how wonderful that we're still allowed freedom of speech here in America despite the disagreement of others and their "word for word" challenges to it.

Within the context of free speech there is the phrase "unproven political claims" that must be considered by honest people.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 34

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

So the scenario plays out again--just like in so many other critical political situations....the Republicans fall in line and the Democrats fall apart.

We must do better.   We must elect representatives to office who once ensconced will not forget who put them there and why.  We've got to watch what they do and how they vote.  We must hold their feet to the fire because it's not good enough that they vote their "conscience"  or according to party line.  We send them to Washington to represent, defend, and thus vote for the will of their constitutents.  In that,  Joe Manchin has failed.

I THINK THAT WHEN JOE MANCHIN GOES TO BED AT NIGHT HE BELIEVES HE IS A DEMOCRAT BUT WHEN HE LOOKS IN THE MIRROR IN THE MORNING HE SEE A REPUBLICAN.   

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 34

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

How sad it is to see people so ignorant of the actual facts in a case, that they are completely unaware that Kavanaugh labeled himself and his drinking buddies obnoxious drunks. Never did hear when or if he's ever stopped being an obnoxious drunk.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/03/kavanaugh-in-1983-letter-to-friends-were-loud-obnoxious-drunks.html

The only charge had to do with sexual assault in HS. Throwing ice cubes in a bar does create "actual facts" about that. As to the 1983 letter - it was a joking bit of courtesy. Let it go.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 34

@KidBoy2 wrote:

Senator Susan Colollins to vote for Kavanaugh. 

Susan Collins and Joe Manchin will vote to confirm Brett Kavanaugh ...

1 hour ago - Republican Sen. Susan Collins on Friday said she would vote to confirm Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, ending months of speculation from the crucial swing senator. "Mr. President, I will vote to confirm Judge Kavanaugh," Collins said at the very end of a nearly 45-minute long speech on the Senate floor.

============================================================

Its time that we get on .. its over!

@KidBoy2 wrote:

Senator Susan Colollins to vote for Kavanaugh. 

Susan Collins and Joe Manchin will vote to confirm Brett Kavanaugh ...

1 hour ago - Republican Sen. Susan Collins on Friday said she would vote to confirm Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, ending months of speculation from the crucial swing senator. "Mr. President, I will vote to confirm Judge Kavanaugh," Collins said at the very end of a nearly 45-minute long speech on the Senate floor.

============================================================

Its time that we get on .. its over!

ONE VOTED PARTY ONE VOTED TO GET ELECTED--WHERE IS THE HONOR AND HONESTY IN THAT? 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 34

@williamb39198 wrote:

the sham investigation will rear it’s ugly

head and skeletons will tumble out!

Yes, get ready, DNC, for those skeletons to tumble out. The 'sham' investigation's findings will bury the left in their fetid bones.

I say bring it!

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 34

So the scenario plays out again--just like in so many other critical political situations....the Republicans fall in line and the Democrats fall apart.

We must do better.   We must elect representatives to office who once ensconced will not forget who put them there and why.  We've got to watch what they do and how they vote.  We must hold their feet to the fire because it's not good enough that they vote their "conscience"  or according to party line.  We send them to Washington to represent, defend, and thus vote for the will of their constitutents.  In that,  Joe Manchin has failed.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 34

Hate to be the old fat woman in the room but we all knew K would be approved from the start because WE HAVE ALLOWED IT TO HAPPEN!

This is our fault and blame and shame. We do need to either change the situation or resign ourselves to the next 2+ years (and maybe beyond) to this or stand up and be the REAL United States of America.

#VegasStrong

#VegasStronger

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 34

So he drank as a College Kid , so what?  It was his behavior as a drinker, he was a nasty drunk.

So he liked to party with girls yes, but he took it too far when he was a nasty drunk.

Unfortunately Mrs. Ford tried to Beat The Government of  the USA, and she lost  before she even sat in her seat. Not only that she was up against was of the sleaziest, dirtiest, so called Presidents she could have ever been, and he played as dirty as he could, but he thinks THE PEOPLE OF THE COUNTRY THINK HE DID IT FAIR AND SQUARE. Fair would have been a REAL FBI  Investigation, not a try to fool the American People Investigation. 

I don't know much about Manchin, but I did hear Collins got a good chunk of $ for her vote . 

The thing that as so disturbing about Collins speech was she said no credable witnesses, no kidding, the FBI wasn't allowed to get them Thank You Orange Face. I really thought she'd have the guts to go on not having the temperment to go on The Supreme Court, just as one retired Supreme Court Judge even stated last night on TV.     IMO

Flake I'm not surprised he just looks like he's afraid of his own shadow, too afraid to go against The Orange Face.  A Mormon and his values were thrown out the window by not going at least  against Kavanaugh's temperment.       IMO

I wouldn't vote for a Rep,if you paid me,I'm not like Collins, you can't buy my vote. 

So it's done and now let's see if he's really The Judge he claimed/will be, claimed there was no Politics, just a GOOD Judge, who screams at Senators. 

I said it before and I'll say it again, The Sleeze Ball, Bleep Grapping (his own words) Dirt Bag, is as Sly as A Fox. 

Now we know what we have to do in Nov. Esp any woman ever assaulted in any way, anyone in her family, anyone she knows,, We Have to Vote Dem. in November . It is up to us to stand up to a corrupt President, in MANY WAYS.  If not us, maybe Mueller  will if Kavanaugh leaves him alone. 

Apparently sexual assault  is OK WITH THE  MAJORITY OF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY. 

Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 34

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

You don’t believe Kavanaugh?

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit