AARP’s "Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families" can help make the job more manageable. Here’s how to receive a free copy.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Scalia: We need to rename Obamacare; SCOTUSCARE...

Message 211 of 283

@jimc91 wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

Well this certainly gives much fuel to the Republicans as we move toward the 2016 election.  This gives clarity to many American voters since the Dems own the ACA.  FACT:  The ACA hurts way more Americans than it helps...  Numbers certainly count in elections.

I agree with Scalia: We need to rename Obamacare;  SCOTUSCARE...

Like getting to the Emergency Room with a broken leg and finding out you have a $4,000 deductible...  How does that make a young family feel?  

ACA hurts more than it helps...

If that happened it show how stupid the person was who purchased the policy with a $4,000 deductible. I would bet it makes the family feel what a dumb family member we have.

No the ACA helps thinking people. Now the far right wing which the univ study shows can not think to well, and understand little is proved to be true.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Supreme Court Upholds ACA Subsidies.

Message 212 of 283

rk - If, if fact, there are more in category one - we, as a nation, are in deep trouble.

You're talking about our nation's wealth distribution right?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 213 of 283

So now we have Fascist Medicine, please do tell that to all the Insurances that are making millions with all the insured people

Is there anything in Fascism (crony capitalism or Government capitalism) that says that the "fat cats" can't get fatter as long as they support the government's control of things? Isn't that the complaint of the people who keep posting about "plutocracy", 1%ers, etc.?

There is a theory that "most Americans love Obamacare". I hope not because there are two classes of people in the "bidding". There are the people who are being subsidized by the money of others. And then there are the people who are paying the bills.

If, if fact, there are more in category one - we, as a nation, are in deep trouble.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Supreme Court Upholds ACA Subsidies.

Message 214 of 283

Please don't tell RK who thinks the ACA, per Fox, is Socialized Medicine. Intelligent people realize this law is the best thing that could happen for PRIVATE INSURANCE companies.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 215 of 283

@Quackers wrote:

Lots of people felt like this when the ruling happened.

Especially the insurance companies. Probably lots of insurance company office parties today.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 216 of 283

Quackers posted...

FYI Quackers..

Obamacare At Five Years Old: A Disappointment
Comment Now Follow Comments

http://www.forbes.com/sites/sallypipes/2015/03/23/obamacare-at-five-years-old-a-disappointment/

Today marks Obamacare’s fifth birthday. It’s a time for reflection, not celebration. Five years on, it’s clear that the Affordable Care Act has failed to cut healthcare costs or improve quality and access — contrary to what President Obama and his allies in Congress promised.

In September 2009, President Obama addressed Congress, vowing that his healthcare plan would “slow the growth of healthcare costs for our families, our businesses, and our government.” But costs for all three have actually grown.

What is meaningless is most of your posts.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Scalia: We need to rename Obamacare; SCOTUSCARE...

Message 217 of 283

With 16 million Americans at risk losing their health care the Supreme Court did what it had to do.

A - not their health care. That has already been decreed by courts.

B - That is not the task of the SCOTUS according to the pesky ol' Constitution.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 218 of 283

@KidBoy2 wrote:

FYI ..CNN Poll: Twice As Many Americans Were Hurt By Obamacare Than Helped

FYI.......that poll was taken months before the ACA went into effect and is meaningless.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 219 of 283
Part of lk's post

Second, you are saying that the ACA harms more people than it helps. Name me a few who are harmed by the ACA. Sure some people may be paying higher premiums for health insurance than before the exchange policies came on line. But as I have said many times over, a lot of those low cost health insurance policies were junk that might cover a doctor's office visit with a $20 co-payment; but would not cover the cancer
treatment that costs over $100K.

FYI ..CNN Poll: Twice As Many Americans Were Hurt By Obamacare Than Helped

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2014/07/23/cnn-poll-twice-as-many-americans-hurt-by-obamacare...

Not an unusual data point at all, based on the polling trend -- but a timely reality check for the delusional "people love Obamacare!" propagandists. CNN's latest national survey includes a number of noteworthy nuggets, including the "Affordable" Care Act fallout verdict referenced in the headline (via Ed Morrissey):

I can see as you are making money selling health insurance that is paid in part by taxpayers you can not be objective.

You always have a story about a person ...one person...to try to make your case for the mess Obamacare is.

I have posted why there is no need for Obamacare.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 220 of 283

BUT, those wondrous, marvelous all knowing GOP types just said that they don't give a rats' posterior basically.

It goes against the family values of their platform, and despite the 58 calls to repeal and the 2 lawsuits to the Supreme Court. Here we go again. Guess they don't care about $353 Billion dollars to repeal, or that they have admitted to they still don't have that whizbang deal to replace it.

As soon as the verdict from the Supreme Court hit, the Republican response was entirely predictable. “It’s an out of control act of judicial tyranny!” bellowed Mike Huckabee, while Rand Paul wailed that it “turns both the rule of law and common sense on its head!” “This decision is not the end of the fight against Obamacare!” announced Jeb Bush. Similar sentiments echoed from the mouths and Twitter accounts of Republicans across the country, with a really unnecessary amount of vitriol over what should not be a controversial issue. The hypocrisy is incredible- how could anyone who even pretends to care about their constituents outraged over millions of American keeping their healthcare? Especially when they still have no proposed any kind of alternative.

IMHO - I hope none of the bums ever get's elected again, and they all shut their respective cake holes. I personally enjoy the ACA - Obamacare to some. I especially enjoy going from $800+ per month for Anthem Blue Cross to $59 month  ACA my rate went up 10 bucks.  And actually wanted my outlaw to try an ACA plan in FL so, she might continue to breathe with her latest diagnosis/pre-existing conditions. I guess the GOP/TP are still the party that will have the death camps, that oughta thrill the ca-ca out of my TP kin.

Frozen

Definitely need the woods away from politicians.

Kudos
Views