Honored Social Butterfly

Sununu Places Renters Lives in Danger

The Following is a Letter to the Editor I sent to a Local Newspaper today 

Governor Sununu – My Life is Essential

The Real Estate Business is Not!

Dr Fauci implores US Governors to “Put their foot on the Gas Pedal”  

NH Governor @GovChrisSununu – Allows NH Realtors to bring Clients through the Apartments of New Hampshire Renters

Governor Sununu issued a Stay at Home Order Effective Friday March 27, 2020 at 11:59 PM. The Governor included a list of Essential Businesses with his order and Real Estate was not on that list and should not be on that list for several good reasons. 

Unfortunately, Sununu was immediately lobbied by a Powerful Political Action Committee - The New Hampshire Association of Realtors. Sununu then reversed his original decision and agreed to allow NH Realtors to continue their Public Business for all intents as usual.

I am a Renter in a building For Sale in NH and Governor Sununu is putting my life at risk!

As a Renter I cannot protect my Family from complete Strangers entering my apartment – coughing – touching all the surfaces

1. Owners who occupy their own Real Estate in NH can decide for themselves if they want to allow groups of Strangers to traipse though their homes touching surfaces and coughing droplets of potentially deadly Covid-19 flu virus all over every item and surface in their homes
  2. The Governors Order Offers No Such Choice for Tenants

To Governor Sununu of New Hampshire – The Real Estate Business is Essential? REALLY?

1. You have closed the Public Rest Rooms at Hampton Beach, but you’ve opened up My Bathroom My Kitchen My Bedroom & all the other Living Areas & Surfaces of My Apartment to Everyone in the Public
  2. You stated publicly you want all out of state visitors to NH to Self-quarantine – but you’ve invited everyone to walk through my apartment with few restrictions for Realtors and No Oversight!

Mick Studer

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Silver Conversationalist

@mickstuder 

That really is awful.

I would be tempted to follow those people around with some Lysol spray (virus is an aerosol in the air so you have to clear that as well) and some surface spray/wipes and use all that liberally. Be best if you had some N95 masks (can get these in the paint section at hardware stores...but I assume these are entirely sold out at this point).

On the other hand, for the first 'tour' you could cough liberally and long, then proffer your hand to shake, and follow them around coughing while mentioning your family has been quite sick lately.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Hi, Mick,

Yes, that completely sucks.  And I'm not sure how much recourse anyone has right now.   At least around here, courts are closed except for emergency hearings.  I guess this might apply, but someone is going to have to speak up.   This is crazy right now. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Hi, Mick,

Yes, that completely sucks.  And I'm not sure how much recourse anyone has right now.   At least around here, courts are closed except for emergency hearings.  I guess this might apply, but someone is going to have to speak up.   This is crazy right now. 

I was on a Conference Call Town Hall yesterday to speak about this issue with NH US Reps Pappas & Kuster - the staff logged the reason for my call told me to listen for my name & I was never called upon & this is the second time I sat for 1.5 hours & never had a chance to ask them my question - forget calling or emailing anyone - this Virus has allowed every elected official to be unresponsive and blame it on the Virus   

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png