Do vitamins and supplements really work? Get your questions answered by leading brain health experts.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Study finds a race gap in air pollution — whites largely cause it; blacks and Hispanics breathe

Message 1 of 16

Study finds a race gap in air pollution — whites largely cause it; blacks and Hispanics breathe it

Makes sense to me, in the US air moves from west to east, and a lot of Blacks and Hispanics live on the East Coast and don't own cars. Cars in the city are expensive and problematic, parking is a hassle, insurance is high.

They breath all the pollution dumped into the atmosphere in the US but don't contribute to it much.

Whites on the East Coast breath the same air, but they live the suburbs or farther and drive cars and trucks to metropolitan areas to work.

I'm one of them, every day I see people going to work, one person in a vehicle, a lot of SUVs and pickup trucks, rarely do I see an electric car.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Study finds a race gap in air pollution — whites largely cause it; blacks and Hispanics breathe

Message 2 of 16

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

If the "pollution" is CO2 which plants, trees, flowers love, you cannot sue BUT if the "pollution" is particulate matter you would have a good case.

This article was about the type of pollution I would call "smog" so I guess they can sue.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 16

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Mick posted..

The Proof is all around you but for some reason you refuse to look at it & accept what you see
You think this Air Pollution Story is Funny - it's not Where do the Poorest People Live?
What is the Race of the Poorest who Live in the Most Polluted Areas In the least desirable areas - whether they be in slums next to major highways or next to major polluters like Dumps - Electricity Generating Plants powered by Coal - Chemical Plants - Etc Where do the most Affluent Live - in & on the most valuable property - farthest away from the polluters

What do the most affluent have in their homes - Water Putification - Air Purifiers - etc All one has to do - to really understand the disparity It to look at this most recent College Education Travesty Ok some might be able to accept that a Parent used their Money & Influence to get their Child into a Presitigious School
Here is the Killer for a Life Long Working Middle Class American Stiff & US Veteran Like Me After they used their MONEY as a powerful tool to Corrupt the College Education System

These same Rich People TOOK A TAX DEDUCTION on the Money they used as a Bribes SO CHEATING THE SYSTEM ONCE & TAKING A UNFAIR ADVANTAGE WASN'T ENOUGH
THEY JUST KEPT GOING AND CHEATED THE US TAX PAYERS AND THE AMERICAN MIDDLE CLASS AGAIN

==============================================================

Like I said "Yet another one that is trying to fuel the race issue in our country."

And people like Mick are exacerbating that problem.... just read his rant.

Do You Even READ the stuff you write?

This is the TITLE of the Thread You Started

"Study finds a race gap in air pollution — whites largely cause it; blacks and Hispanics breathe it"

and if you reduce my comment to normal type & spacing - it was less than 3 paragraphs - hardly what reasonable people would consider a rant and No One Would Consider it - Race Baiting Like Your Title Clearly Is 

Mick posted..

The Proof is all around you but for some reason you refuse to look at it & accept what you see
You think this Air Pollution Story is Funny - it's not Where do the Poorest People Live?
What is the Race of the Poorest who Live in the Most Polluted Areas In the least desirable areas - whether they be in slums next to major highways or next to major polluters like Dumps - Electricity Generating Plants powered by Coal - Chemical Plants - Etc Where do the most Affluent Live - in & on the most valuable property - farthest away from the polluters

What do the most affluent have in their homes - Water Putification - Air Purifiers - etc All one has to do - to really understand the disparity It to look at this most recent College Education Travesty Ok some might be able to accept that a Parent used their Money & Influence to get their Child into a Presitigious School
Here is the Killer for a Life Long Working Middle Class American Stiff & US Veteran Like Me After they used their MONEY as a powerful tool to Corrupt the College Education System

These same Rich People TOOK A TAX DEDUCTION on the Money they used as a Bribes SO CHEATING THE SYSTEM ONCE & TAKING A UNFAIR ADVANTAGE WASN'T ENOUGH
THEY JUST KEPT GOING AND CHEATED THE US TAX PAYERS AND THE AMERICAN MIDDLE CLASS AGAIN

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 16

Had the whiner actually read the entire article:   they would have learned that the biggest drivers was consumption.    What could that possibly be related to?   Income.   The study used statistics from the  BLS.   

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 16

@Richva wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Not posted..

The "blacks" have had reparations ever since the sixties when affirmative action started (where whites and Asians were discriminated against) and is still going on. If you feel the need to continue reverse discrimination, do so as part of the left only (I don't support any more reparations including affirmative action but do support equal opportunity).

=======================================================

Yes. let Rich and Ocean flower start a fund.

This topic is ...: "Study finds a race gap in air pollution — whites largely cause it; blacks and Hispanics breathe"...with might or might not be true but what does anyone want to do about it if it is true?

I say its so much to ado about nothing but it was in the news.

So, if somebody comes over and dumps a truck full of garbage on your lawn, you can sue. If somebody dumps a few metric tons of pollution into the air your kids breathe, you can't?  

If the "pollution" is CO2 which plants, trees, flowers love, you cannot sue BUT if the "pollution" is particulate matter you would have a good case.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 16

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Not posted..

The "blacks" have had reparations ever since the sixties when affirmative action started (where whites and Asians were discriminated against) and is still going on. If you feel the need to continue reverse discrimination, do so as part of the left only (I don't support any more reparations including affirmative action but do support equal opportunity).

This topic is ...: "Study finds a race gap in air pollution — whites largely cause it; blacks and Hispanics breathe"...with might or might not be true but what does anyone want to do about it if it is true?

So, if somebody comes over and dumps a truck full of garbage on your lawn, you can sue. If somebody dumps a few metric tons of pollution into the air your kids breathe, you can't?  

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 16
Not posted..

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 16

@Richva wrote:

Yes, someday soon we will have to have a talk about reparations for the way this country treats blacks. Simply explaining it with "They are black, in America blacks are poor" is not sufficient.

Nice serve in changing the topic to reparations.  Where is that at least 153 year old would they be paid to?  Of course you are throwing in actions of the post-Civil War period to justify that; which is another story.   I would believe that any reparations due was paid for by the blood of those who died freeing the blacks.

While we're at it, what about the lands taken away from the Native Americans?  What about reparations for them?

I agree with NOTHAPPENING that it figures whites causes more pollution because they are in the majority.  But don't dismiss that Blacks and Hispanics are also consumers of products that create polution during manufacture.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 16

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Yes, someday soon we will have to have a talk about reparations for the way this country treats blacks. Simply explaining it with "They are black, in America blacks are poor" is not sufficient. 

If the left feels reparations are needed (I don't), I suggest the left start giving now.  BTW, the people that needed reparations are all dead now as well as those that should be giving (for your information).

No. Actually the victims of banks who practiced red lining are still around. The victims of segregation and lower funding for those schools are still around. Not all reparations go to people who were slaves.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 16

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

If the left feels reparations are needed (I don't), I suggest the left start giving now.  BTW, the people that needed reparations are all dead now as well as those that should be giving (for your information).

No. Actually the victims of banks who practiced red lining are still around. The victims of segregation and lower funding for those schools are still around. Not all reparations go to people who were slaves.

Kudos
Views