WATCH NOW: Iowa presidential candidate forum from Council Bluffs. Appearing: Montana Gov. Steve Bullock, South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders. 

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Stock market jumps on US-EU trade optimism

Message 21 of 72

I've known little about tariffs before this trade war. I always assumed we, the U.S., was getting the short end of the stick. I found these numbers which gave me a slightly clearer picture:

tariffs worldwide.jpg

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 72

@jimc91 wrote:

The Trump strategy on free and fair trade is working.  

It is driving the Trump haters insane.  

I don’t understand why they are so upset over success for America in the trade arena.  What does that say about those people?

Actually, it depends on what your goals are.  The housing market is stagnate, real wages are flat. However, if your goal is to make stock market investors (me) richer, that is working for now.  Of course, when the gasoline of unfinanced tax cuts dies down, so will that as well.  I do wish we had a president who believed in the free market system and not a central planning ideology. . 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 72

The Trump strategy on free and fair trade is working.  

It is driving the Trump haters insane.  

I don’t understand why they are so upset over success for America in the trade arena.  What does that say about those people?

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 72

@williamb39198 wrote:

What rk? The unemployment rates staying high? They have been steadily decreasing over the last few years.

Read the quote, william.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 72

@john258 wrote:

I hope all understand that what Dictator Trump is now telling us is so great was in the Treaty with the EU he was against when he came into office. Yes it was all there and if he had signed it we would be doing it now. What the EU leader did was make Trump think this was new and as   always Dictator Trump claimed it was his idea. They say the EU leader used some large flash cards with Trump to make his points. You know the way a teacher in a 5th grade class handles their students.

They say the EU leader used some large flash cards with Trump to make his points.

Who are "they"?  Let it go, john. His negotiations are working.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 72

What rk? The unemployment rates staying high? They have been steadily decreasing over the last few years.

And back to topic, the stock market has been steadily increasing over the last few years. These are called trends. 

There was nothing guaranteed or in writing in the talks with the EU. Once again a premature celebration by trump with no definite agreement. 

Or did he have a definite agreement 

with putin in their secret meeting?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 72

I hope all understand that what Dictator Trump is now telling us is so great was in the Treaty with the EU he was against when he came into office. Yes it was all there and if he had signed it we would be doing it now. What the EU leader did was make Trump think this was new and as   always Dictator Trump claimed it was his idea. They say the EU leader used some large flash cards with Trump to make his points. You know the way a teacher in a 5th grade class handles their students.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 72

@mandm84 wrote:

Oh the hypocrites gave no credit to Obama for over 6 outstanding years of economic growth after facing the Great Recession , but want to rant and rave about less than 2 years of growth under Trump when he was handed a rose garden.

Apparently Obama wasn't aware of how great things were:

"What is a danger is that we stay stuck in a new normal where unemployment rates stay high,"

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 72

@nctarheel wrote:

@jimc91 wrote: 
It does appear our public education system is failing our children and our country. 

That is why appointing an idiot that has neither attended public school nor sent her children to public school made no sense at all.

She has made ABSOLUTELY NO PROGRESS in addressing public schools issues.

She has only made foolish comments and moronic speeches expected from someone that has had NO EXPERIENCE qualifying her for the position she holds.

Do you really think that the downhill path of public education just began?

Then there is Obama's Secretary of Education Arne Duncan who attended private schools. Bill Clinton's Secretary announced the first Charter School grants. Do you really want to play your "class" game regarding government officials??

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 72

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Yep, us enablers understand that negotiations are not "sundering".

Maybe that is why we are not among the 47%.

The enablers do not say anything that makes sense, but it make them feel good and fills their 20 hour day posting as required by their leaders. They do not even understand bye bye. Once again we see why the enablers are the most dangerous group in the USA as they take us to dictatorship under Trump. It just recreates Germany with Hitler.

Negotiations are obviously necessary parts of international trade agreements. So called "enablers" understand that. Can any non-enabler explain the connection between the need for negotiations and dictators or Germany and Hitler?

The E.U. was going to have to buy more beans and natural gas for other reasons than Trump's negotiations.  Tell the soybean farmers now on Trump's federal welfare program about how successful his negotiations have been.  Trump is like the rooster taking credit for the sunrise. 

Kudos
Views