Check out the 10th anniversary edition of ’99 Great Ways to Save,’ AARP’s annual guide to saving money.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Stock market jumps on US-EU trade optimism

Message 11 of 72

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

This has been explained - Capitalism vs the Marxist managed economy refers to a nation's economy. Tariffs are used to establish the working relationships between nations.

You have explained - nothing - other than your Opinion .......

No - I accurately described the difference between Marxist economic theory for a nation and the tools used in international trade negotiations. If you think not, let's separate that out and dig further into it.

if what you say is valid then why did Trump just announce his policy goal of - ZERO - Tariffs - between the USA & The European Union?......

I think it is a great goal and his target from the get-go.

The only Tariff Power given to the President are temporary and only in th he interest of National Security - please explain how Europe - Canada & Mexico are threatening our National Security? China's ZTE is threatening our National Security and Trump has instituted a Special Exemption for ZTE while still enforcing all the other Chinese Sanctions he implemented?

If the President is exceeding his authority, that is something for the Courts, not us, to decide.

Claiming Credit for the Increase in Value of Something right before you burn it to the Ground and destroy it - is not something Reasonable People see as a Sustainable Positive Strategy for the Future

Certainly  -and While we are SEEING Increases in our Economic MEASURES, there Has been no BURNING to the Ground. Those are YOUR negativities Showing THROUGH.

That is untrue for several reasons - the US Congress currently has multiple Bi-partisan Bill's pending to reverse Trumps destruction of US Agriculture - Trump just announced 12 Billion of US Tax Payers dollars to be used to bail out US Farmers because of Trumps destruction of the US Soybean & Cotton Market 

How does that make me wrong?

In your previous post your complaint was the housing market and flat wages - both points wrong. Now, Congressional bills. You seem to just come out with negativity - right or wrong doesn't seem to matter.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 72

@rk9152 wrote:

This has been explained - Capitalism vs the Marxist managed economy refers to a nation's economy. Tariffs are used to establish the working relationships between nations.

Certainly  -and While we are SEEING Increases in our Economic MEASURES, there Has been no BURNING to the Ground. Those are YOUR negativities Showing THROUGH.

I have enjoyed watching the Republicans ALMOST come out against Trump saying that what he is doing is an attempt at a managed economy. Trump and his base just do not understand a free market. Trump thinks he can tax at will (tariffs) and then make up for it with state subsidies to favored industries.  A state managed economy never worked and never will.  Somebody  please teach the POTUS to read.  

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 72

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

The Trump strategy on free and fair trade is working.  

It is driving the Trump haters insane.  

I don’t understand why they are so upset over success for America in the trade arena.  What does that say about those people?

Actually, it depends on what your goals are.  The housing market is stagnate, real wages are flat. However, if your goal is to make stock market investors (me) richer, that is working for now.  Of course, when the gasoline of unfinanced tax cuts dies down, so will that as well.  I do wish we had a president who believed in the free market system and not a central planning ideology. . 

The hoising market is not flat, wages have been stagnent since the late '70s. And all you see is the possible negatives in the future

Are you negative by nature or is seeing Trump (and America) succeed just more than you can handle?

We do have the President you say you want - removing regulations that stifle business and working to get the American investors, companies, and workers the best possible international situation, and cutting taxes is free market at it's finest.

There is no central planning involved. It is interesting to see the left try to take Marxist concepts and apply them to "the other side".

What part of putting Double-digit Tariffs on our most Strategic Economic Trading Partners is the Free Market Working At it's Finest?

You have explained - nothing - other than your Opinion .......if what you say is valid then why did Trump just announce his policy goal of - ZERO - Tariffs - between the USA & The European Union?......The only Tariff Power given to the President are temporary and only in th he interest of National Security - please explain how Europe - Canada & Mexico are threatening our National Security? China's ZTE is threatening our National Security and Trump has instituted a Special Exemption for ZTE while still enforcing all the other Chinese Sanctions he implemented?

Claiming Credit for the Increase in Value of Something right before you burn it to the Ground and destroy it - is not something Reasonable People see as a Sustainable Positive Strategy for the Future

That is untrue for several reasons - the US Congress currently has multiple Bi-partisan Bill's pending to reverse Trumps destruction of US Agriculture - Trump just announced 12 Billion of US Tax Payers dollars to be used to bail out US Farmers because of Trumps destruction of the US Soybean & Cotton Market 

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 72

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

I don’t understand why they are so upset over success for America in the trade arena.  What does that say about those people?

Actually, it depends on what your goals are.  The housing market is stagnate, real wages are flat. However, if your goal is to make stock market investors (me) richer, that is working for now.  Of course, when the gasoline of unfinanced tax cuts dies down, so will that as well.  I do wish we had a president who believed in the free market system and not a central planning ideology. . 

The hoising market is not flat, wages have been stagnent since the late '70s. And all you see is the possible negatives in the future

Are you negative by nature or is seeing Trump (and America) succeed just more than you can handle?

We do have the President you say you want - removing regulations that stifle business and working to get the American investors, companies, and workers the best possible international situation, and cutting taxes is free market at it's finest.

There is no central planning involved. It is interesting to see the left try to take Marxist concepts and apply them to "the other side".

What part of putting Double-digit Tariffs on our most Strategic Economic Trading Partners is the Free Market Working At it's Finest?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 72

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 72

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

I hope all understand that what Dictator Trump is now telling us is so great was in the Treaty with the EU he was against when he came into office. Yes it was all there and if he had signed it we would be doing it now. What the EU leader did was make Trump think this was new and as   always Dictator Trump claimed it was his idea. They say the EU leader used some large flash cards with Trump to make his points. You know the way a teacher in a 5th grade class handles their students.

They say the EU leader used some large flash cards with Trump to make his points.

Who are "they"?  Let it go, john. His negotiations are working.

Bye bye means bye bye.  Well another day and another 20 hours of the enablers posting on the Internet. Putin could not be more happy.

A typical non-response from this poster when he/she/it is unable respond intelligently.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 72

@Richva wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

The housing market is not flat, wages have been stagnent since the late '70s. And all you see is the possible negatives in the future

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 72

Yea, I'm always hesitant to blindly accept info I read from websites associated with Wall Street.

In this case, since, as I stated, I knew little about tariffs, I was surprised that the U.S. and especially surprised at Canada's .8% "average" tariffs. Listening to how Canada is like an enemy -- .8% average tariff doesn't sound like they have some sort of tremendous advantage.

Actually, I was expecting more double figures. 

All we need is for some Canadian newspaper to post those numbers and Canadians reading "Canada .8% tariffs" -- that'll get them even more riled against Trump and the U.S.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 72

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

I hope all understand that what Dictator Trump is now telling us is so great was in the Treaty with the EU he was against when he came into office. Yes it was all there and if he had signed it we would be doing it now. What the EU leader did was make Trump think this was new and as   always Dictator Trump claimed it was his idea. They say the EU leader used some large flash cards with Trump to make his points. You know the way a teacher in a 5th grade class handles their students.

They say the EU leader used some large flash cards with Trump to make his points.

Who are "they"?  Let it go, john. His negotiations are working.

Bye bye means bye bye.  Well another day and another 20 hours of the enablers posting on the Internet. Putin could not be more happy.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 72

@gordyfl wrote:

I've known little about tariffs before this trade war. I always assumed we, the U.S., was getting the short end of the stick. I found these numbers which gave me a slightly clearer picture:

tariffs worldwide.jpg

Not that Forbes would have an agenda but I would point out those are average tariffs and not the targeted ones the Moron has implemented. The article below shows 10%-25% tariffs on Chinese goods.  I am smelling the sweet aroma of fake news buried in statistics. 

The most recent phase of the trade war was marked by an escalation of **bleep**-for-tat tactics between China and the United States. On June 15, US Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer announced a 25% tariff on $50 billion worth of Chinese goods. Then, on July 10, after being asked by US President Trump for a list of Chinese goods that could be hit with additional tariffs, the US Trade Representative outlined a new list of $200 billion worth of Chinese goods that would be eligible for 10% tariffs.

Kudos
Views