There’s always more to discover with an AARP membership! Check out your member benefits.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Stick a Fork in Tulsi Gabbard - She's Insane

Message 1 of 10

Pulitzer Prize winner Glenn Greenwald speaks about Tulsi Gabbard.

Before the Edward Snowden file disclosures, Greenwald was considered one of the most influential opinion columnists in the United States.

After working as a constitutional attorney for ten years, he began blogging on national security issues before becoming a Salon contributor in 2007 and then moving to The Guardian in 2012.
He currently writes for and co-edits The Intercept, which he founded in 2013 with Laura Poitras and Jeremy Scahill.

His books

Greenwald's first book, How Would a Patriot Act? was a New York Times bestseller, and ranked #1 on Amazon.
A Tragic Legacy, his next book, was a New York Times Best Seller.
No Place to Hide: Edward Snowden, the NSA spent six weeks on The New York Times Best Seller list.

Greenwald criticized the policies of the Bush administration and those who supported it, arguing that most of the American "Corporate News Media" excused Bush's policies and echoed the administration's positions rather than asking hard questions.

Some would think Glenn Greenwald, being gay himself, might be strongly opposed to Tulsi Gabbard's candidacy because of her earlier positions and comments on gay marriage.

Although he says he doesn't support her candidacy, he seems to give a fair-minded interview.

Glenn Greenwald Speaks with Tucker Carlson about Tulsi Gabbard....

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 10

Not sure why you're down on Gabbard - while I've never heard of her, she seems to be Trump's psychological twin sister in which case anyone who thinks a "Democratic cult" exists would find her another Savior.

You never heard of her?....

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 10

@mickstuder wrote:

Democratic Rep. Tulsi Gabbard Says Syrian Dictator Bashar Assad Isn’t Enemy Of U.S.

What else needs to be said - Assad uses Chemical Weapons on Children - Gases Innocent Civilians and This Democratic Presidential Contender Thinks The USA Should Not Label Him a Enemy

Add to this her Anti-war Claims while she accepts $100k from Arms Dealers

She's on Record - not once but several times in the past making Anti-LGBTQ Comments

THIS IS A DEMOCRATIC PRESIDENTAIL CONTENDER

Lets see what the Democratic Cult Members on this Forum have to say about one of their Parties Elites?

Source - https://www.huffingtonpost.com/topic/tulsi-gabbard

Not sure why you're down on Gabbard - while I've never heard of her, she seems to be Trump's psychological twin sister in which case anyone who thinks a "Democratic cult" exists would find her another Savior.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 10

I'm watching Venezuela closely now too.

Tulsi Gabbard: "The United States needs to stay out of Venezuela and let the Venezuelan people determine their own future."

Evenly Matched Pro- and Anti-Government Marches in Venezuela...

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 10

@mickstuder wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Not sure who you think the "Democratic Cult Members" are, but I'm not a fan.

Well obviously you're a Free Thinker............

Anyone who thinks the Democratic Cult on this forum isn't ten fold more numerous & equally devoted to Party than the Trump Cult - then they need only count how many in their membership is even willing to comment on Democrat Tulsi Gabbard's unwillingness to call a Brutal Dictator like Assad a US Enemy

I am waiting to see who all declares to run in the Democratic Party before I choose who I prefer, but Tulsi Gabbard will not be the one. I would call any brutal dictator our enemy even if they are not a direct threat to America, our home soil. America has backed and supported dictators and it is always a mistake. The Middle East is a complex puzzle/problem, not so sure pulling out completely is the thing to do. I'm watching Venezuela closely now too..

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 10

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Well obviously you're a Free Thinker............

Anyone who thinks the Democratic Cult on this forum isn't ten fold more numerous & equally devoted to Party than the Trump Cult - then they need only count how many in their membership is even willing to comment on Democrat Tulsi Gabbard's unwillingness to call a Brutal Dictator like Assad a US Enemy

( " RESIST TRUMP! - DON'T BACK DOWN!)

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 10

A group of Syrians stood up to Assad during the Arab Spring. I guess there weren't enough of them to take on their government for a successful overthrow. Personally, I was rooting for them, but we're not sure what type of leaders would replace Assad.

I don't like what Assad has done to those people. However, there are plenty of Syrians who are members of ISIS fighting against Assad's military. So, we once again have to sort out the "good Syrians from the bad Syrians"

The U.S. must get out of these conflicts it's already involved in. This means an immediate end to its fighting in the Middle East and turn to U.N. based diplomacy for real solutions and security.

The Turks, Arabs, and Persians have lived together as organized states for around 2500 years. The United States has meddled unsuccessfully for decades.

It's time to let the locals sort out their problems, without their being inflamed by outside powers. We should lend support with diplomacy. Not war.

Tulsi said it very well. Assad is neither an enemy of the U.S., nor is he a threat to the U.S.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 10

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 10

I’m not a fan. Plenty of other talent in the race already. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Stick a Fork in Tulsi Gabbard - She's Insane

Message 10 of 10

Democratic Rep. Tulsi Gabbard Says Syrian Dictator Bashar Assad Isn’t Enemy Of U.S.

What else needs to be said - Assad uses Chemical Weapons on Children - Gases Innocent Civilians and This Democratic Presidential Contender Thinks The USA Should Not Label Him a Enemy

Add to this her Anti-war Claims while she accepts $100k from Arms Dealers

She's on Record - not once but several times in the past making Anti-LGBTQ Comments

THIS IS A DEMOCRATIC PRESIDENTAIL CONTENDER

Lets see what the Democratic Cult Members on this Forum have to say about one of their Parties Elites?

Source - https://www.huffingtonpost.com/topic/tulsi-gabbard

( " RESIST TRUMP! - DON'T BACK DOWN!)

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Replies