Learn how to spot and avoid common scams with AARP's Fraud Resource Center. Try it today!

Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Steve King Montage of Racism

Message 1 of 21

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

That is fairly common in many different areas. For example, a believer in wealth redistribution has a hard time putting themselves in the shoes of a person who believes in "you are not entitled to another person's property".  In the area of race, a believer in affirmative action has a hard time putting themselves in the shoes of a person missing out on a job or a college seat because of it.

To get back to the topic rk9152, can you debunk that Steve King is a racist?  Before you answer you may want to view this:

https://americasvoice.org/tag/rep-steve-king/

A racist is as a racist does.

Certainly not because I understand the "prove a negative" game.

The man is "white" - nothing wrong with that. He is a "nationaist - nothing wrong with that. But some want to combine the two and create something to attack.

Where's the "attack" in fact-based identification supported by proof in videos of racist utterances of King?

Of course King is a racist - it's not in any respect different than making the  observation that since the sun has risen - that it is daytime.

D017DJVXcAMyaIi.jpg

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 21

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

That is fairly common in many different areas. For example, a believer in wealth redistribution has a hard time putting themselves in the shoes of a person who believes in "you are not entitled to another person's property".  In the area of race, a believer in affirmative action has a hard time putting themselves in the shoes of a person missing out on a job or a college seat because of it.

To get back to the topic rk9152, can you debunk that Steve King is a racist?  Before you answer you may want to view this:

Certainly not because I understand the "prove a negative" game.

The man is "white" - nothing wrong with that. He is a "nationaist - nothing wrong with that. But some want to combine the two and create something to attack.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 21

@rk9152 wrote:

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 21

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

An interesting theory has been offered by Lemon and posters - if I do not tell everyone and anyone who will listen that I am a racist multiple times a day then by their perverted reasoning, I must be a racist.

They then go all "self-engrandizing" by claiming that only they know the meaning of the word.

Yet again, you miss an opportunity to condemn blatant racism and choose istead to defend racists.

I defended no racist, I pointed out faulty logic by people who think a bit too highly of themselves..

Too highly of themselves? Because heaven forbid two black guys call out blatant racism. How dare they? 

It said, "Lemon and posters". And it was not "calling out blatant racism" that it criticized. It was the theory that anyone who doesn't say, "I am a racist" to anyone who will listen, must be a racist. Again - Lemon and posters (who have advanced that non-logic before and appear to be doing so again).

Yes, it is more dramatic to state it as you did above. But, honest discussion requires reading what you claim to be responding to and sticking to it.

Your posts are more akin to gaslighting than honest discussion. 

Have you not seen the theory posted that if someone says they are not a racist, that by definition means they are?

BTW it was alleged above that I defended a racist - how is that factual - a quote would be nice.

Nope. I’ve never seen that posted.

"and choose istead to defend racists."  -sure sounds like it.

But I will say, if someone is put in a position where they feel the need to say they aren’t racist, chances are that’s because they’ve been called out for saying or doing something racist. Or falsely called out - then we are talking about a false accusation.

Racists have great difficulty putting themselves in the shoes of another, and always focus on their own intent rather than the impact their words or actions have on others. That is what Kamau Bell was calling Steve King out for. That is fairly common in many different areas. For example, a believer in wealth redistribution has a hard time putting themselves in the shoes of a person who believes in "you are not entitled to another person's property".  In the area of race, a believer in affirmative action has a hard time putting themselves in the shoes of a person missing out on a job or a college seat because of it.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 21

I know that many admit to being racist, some members of the KKK and most all other White Supremacist organizations readily admit to being racist.

But ..........

Do all racists admit to being racist?  I think not. Even members of some white supremacy groups try to hide it. Why is that?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 21

Hello everyone,

Whilst we welcome robust debate, we ask that you abide by the AARP community guidelines and respect the right of people to hold different opinions, and debate without insults and incendiary comments.

https://community.aarp.org/t5/custom/page/page-id/Guidelines

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 21

@rk9152 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

An interesting theory has been offered by Lemon and posters - if I do not tell everyone and anyone who will listen that I am a racist multiple times a day then by their perverted reasoning, I must be a racist.

They then go all "self-engrandizing" by claiming that only they know the meaning of the word.

Yet again, you miss an opportunity to condemn blatant racism and choose istead to defend racists.

I defended no racist, I pointed out faulty logic by people who think a bit too highly of themselves..

Too highly of themselves? Because heaven forbid two black guys call out blatant racism. How dare they? 

It said, "Lemon and posters". And it was not "calling out blatant racism" that it criticized. It was the theory that anyone who doesn't say, "I am a racist" to anyone who will listen, must be a racist. Again - Lemon and posters (who have advanced that non-logic before and appear to be doing so again).

Yes, it is more dramatic to state it as you did above. But, honest discussion requires reading what you claim to be responding to and sticking to it.

Have you not seen the theory posted that if someone says they are not a racist, that by definition means they are?

BTW it was alleged above that I defended a racist - how is that factual - a quote would be nice.

Nope. I’ve never seen that posted. But I will say, if someone is put in a position where they feel the need to say they aren’t racist, chances are that’s because they’ve been called out for saying or doing something racist.

Racists have great difficulty putting themselves in the shoes of another, and always focus on their own intent rather than the impact their words or actions have on others. That is what Kamau Bell was calling Steve King out for. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 21

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 21

@rk9152 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 21

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors