Getty Images and AARP present the Disrupt Aging Collection, a searchable photo collection that redefines what it means to get older. Take a look.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Steve King Montage of Racism

Message 11 of 21

@rk9152 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

An interesting theory has been offered by Lemon and posters - if I do not tell everyone and anyone who will listen that I am a racist multiple times a day then by their perverted reasoning, I must be a racist.

They then go all "self-engrandizing" by claiming that only they know the meaning of the word.

Yet again, you miss an opportunity to condemn blatant racism and choose istead to defend racists.

I defended no racist, I pointed out faulty logic by people who think a bit too highly of themselves..

Too highly of themselves? Because heaven forbid two black guys call out blatant racism. How dare they? 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 21

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

Wow. That's just embarrassing. Wholly indicative of today's GOP, mind you, but embarrassing nonetheless.

The true "embarrassment" is that some don't see the embarrassment in it.

OK, now I will await someone here trying to defend the racist words of Steve King.

Oops, it's already happened !

Oooops!! what did you see that defended any racist words?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 21

@BigLib wrote:

Wow. That's just embarrassing. Wholly indicative of today's GOP, mind you, but embarrassing nonetheless.

The true "embarrassment" is that some don't see the embarrassment in it.

OK, now I will await someone here trying to defend the racist words of Steve King.

Oops, it's already happened !

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 21

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

An interesting theory has been offered by Lemon and posters - if I do not tell everyone and anyone who will listen that I am a racist multiple times a day then by their perverted reasoning, I must be a racist.

They then go all "self-engrandizing" by claiming that only they know the meaning of the word.

Yet again, you miss an opportunity to condemn blatant racism and choose istead to defend racists.

I defended no racist, I pointed out faulty logic by people who think a bit too highly of themselves..

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 21

@afisher wrote:

Some will remain in denial about the inherent racism that their ideology has bred.    But then when they are raised in that bs. ideology, and  follow the money, they will discover their roots.    Will that cause them to admit their racism?   https://readsludge.com/2019/05/30/koch-network-alums-are-going-full-on-white-nationalist/

Your article brought up an interesting point in reference to a collegiate law suite. It had to do with the acceptance of pro- but not anti- affirmative action speakers.

And then there is your thinking on the "bs ideology". I assume you are referring to Conservatism. What in that ideology do you consider racist?

As to "follow the money and your article - I looked back "followed the money" and came to realize that there is no fiscal connectivity between me and Koch so I guess my roots are acceptable to you.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 21

@rk9152 wrote:

An interesting theory has been offered by Lemon and posters - if I do not tell everyone and anyone who will listen that I am a racist multiple times a day then by their perverted reasoning, i must be a racist.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 21

Some will remain in denial about the inherent racism that their ideology has bred.    But then when they are raised in that bs. ideology, and  follow the money, they will discover their roots.    Will that cause them to admit their racism?   https://readsludge.com/2019/05/30/koch-network-alums-are-going-full-on-white-nationalist/

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 21

An interesting theory has been offered by Lemon and posters - if I do not tell everyone and anyone who will listen that I am a racist multiple times a day then by their perverted reasoning, i must be a racist.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 21

Important point made there - any given individual has never been capable of determining whether they themselves are racist - only other persons of differing cultural, ethnic, and  racial groups are capable of making that determination.

That's right - white conservative males have never had the capacity and ability to determine and state accurately whether Steve King, trump, and others of their sort are racist or not - they are too close to the trees to be able to have an accurate view of the forest...

D017DJVXcAMyaIi.jpg

It's not surprising to see how often that sort of misstatement is fatuously made by white male conservatives who seem to believe that they have the ability to convince others that they are not racially biased...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 21

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors