Listen to The Perfect Scam Podcast and Nominate It for a People’s Choice Podcast Award! Find Out More

Reply
Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Stephen Paddock: Another white terrorist

343 Views
Message 1 of 137

rk9152 wrote:

rker321 wrote:

As the good little Republican that I am. I just filled out an extensive survey  regarding the status of this country today.
There were things that I didn't agree and there were others that I did.
One of them is the fact that political  correctness is out of hand. and I do believe that it is.
Why call people white or black or brown or anything?
Another thing that is bothering is this situation with sexual harassment.
This latest scandal. with the Hollywood guy. 
Ok, I would like to really know the specifics as to his sexual harassment.
Cosby, was drugging women, O'Reilly and his boss were being really crude to women in the off color vocabulary and perhaps innuendo's>

What about this guy.?  Was he simply inviting women to go to his room or they wont' get the part in the movie that he was promoting? or simply inviting them to his room? I am becoming suspicious of the motives these days.
We are loosing control, and  it is becoming unrealistic.
How do you feel about the present political correctness that we have today?


I'm trying to find some connectivity to "Stephen Paddock: Another white terrorist".


Is it possible after over 50 years to conclude that Goldwater really was the 20th century's biggest crackpot?

Unless the answer has been yes for well over twenty of those years, looking for connectivity... well... what can one say...

 

 

trump followers and supporters are this century's Quislings
Report Inappropriate Content
Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Stephen Paddock: Another white terrorist

346 Views
Message 2 of 137

rk9152 wrote:

MIseker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Richva wrote:
  • Limit the rate of fire for any long gun to that of a bolt action rifle
  • Limit the capacity of any long gun to 6 rounds
  • Limit the number of rounds which can be purchased in any two week period to 20
  • Require that the used brass be returned in order to purchase any new rounds. 

 

Simple, easy rules which will prevent this kind of thing from happening in the future. 


You are trying to limit the number of victims. But the Texas tower shooter did a lot of damage without an automatic. Lee Harvey Oswald did too. The Washington Beltway snipers didn't use automatics.

 

I appreciate your idea of reducing the numbers, but I really think we have to try to go deeper into why this happens, not just "how many?".You admit reducing gun deaths is not a priority with you.

 

Sadly, when this sort of thing happens, some seize on it to play politics or to simply vent their spleens over their "enemies list" like the NRAGOP post. And then the white privilege aspect and the "white Christian" comment.


Im glad you seee oswald as non political.

It seems, as always, you "seee" things through your own strange prism. When did I say anything about that?Sadly, when this sort of thing happens, some seize on it to play politics

Looking into the mental aspects takes a long time, costs a lot of money, and would have minimal impact on annual gun deaths.

So what - "not worth the effort" because you have determined the impact after extensive research which you have not shared. No suggestions from you..no soup.

The reason they kill each other in the inner city is they think life is cheap..worthless. \

Another case of SomeBLM.<< ah yes another jab at BLM from nowhere, for no reason.

Your study in tandem with sensible control is the answer, and I wont toss Rch's ideas out of hand.

 


 


 

So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Stephen Paddock: Another white terrorist

349 Views
Message 3 of 137

rker321 wrote:

As the good little Republican that I am. I just filled out an extensive survey  regarding the status of this country today.
There were things that I didn't agree and there were others that I did.
One of them is the fact that political  correctness is out of hand. and I do believe that it is.
Why call people white or black or brown or anything?
Another thing that is bothering is this situation with sexual harassment.
This latest scandal. with the Hollywood guy. 
Ok, I would like to really know the specifics as to his sexual harassment.
Cosby, was drugging women, O'Reilly and his boss were being really crude to women in the off color vocabulary and perhaps innuendo's>

What about this guy.?  Was he simply inviting women to go to his room or they wont' get the part in the movie that he was promoting? or simply inviting them to his room? I am becoming suspicious of the motives these days.
We are loosing control, and  it is becoming unrealistic.
How do you feel about the present political correctness that we have today?


I'm trying to find some connectivity to "Stephen Paddock: Another white terrorist".

Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Stephen Paddock: Another white terrorist

359 Views
Message 4 of 137

As the good little Republican that I am. I just filled out an extensive survey  regarding the status of this country today.
There were things that I didn't agree and there were others that I did.
One of them is the fact that political  correctness is out of hand. and I do believe that it is.
Why call people white or black or brown or anything?
Another thing that is bothering is this situation with sexual harassment.
This latest scandal. with the Hollywood guy. 
Ok, I would like to really know the specifics as to his sexual harassment.
Cosby, was drugging women, O'Reilly and his boss were being really crude to women in the off color vocabulary and perhaps innuendo's>

What about this guy.?  Was he simply inviting women to go to his room or they wont' get the part in the movie that he was promoting? or simply inviting them to his room? I am becoming suspicious of the motives these days.
We are loosing control, and  it is becoming unrealistic.
How do you feel about the present political correctness that we have today?

Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Stephen Paddock: Another white terrorist

372 Views
Message 5 of 137

rk9152 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Is there any justification for the racist title?


The word "racist" isn't in the title and the title doesn't fit the definition of "racist" or 'racism'.

 

The words 'white' and 'terrorist' were used in the title. Whether or not this was a "terrorist" act can be debated. The fact that the shooter was 'white' is fact and no debateable(sic) since you chose to play that game.


Can you think of any good reason to specify the race of the shooter? Remember - we had a big flap over a film clip that did not conceal the race of looters. 


Many left posters on this very forum would be outraged if the title was ...another black terrorist and call the author a racist (typical ploy of the left).

Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Stephen Paddock: Another white terrorist

376 Views
Message 6 of 137

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Is there any justification for the racist title?


The word "racist" isn't in the title and the title doesn't fit the definition of "racist" or 'racism'.

 

The words 'white' and 'terrorist' were used in the title. Whether or not this was a "terrorist" act can be debated. The fact that the shooter was 'white' is fact and no debateable(sic) since you chose to play that game.


Can you think of any good reason to specify the race of the shooter? Remember - we had a big flap over a film clip that did not conceal the race of looters. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Stephen Paddock: Another white terrorist

385 Views
Message 7 of 137

jims730656 wrote:

 

[edit] I have to edit this response because things have changed.  I see yet another troll on this thread.  If I'm seeing two of them in one single thread, it's more than I have time to waste on.  So I'm done with this forum as I have more substantial things to do with my time.  And just when I was starting to like this site.  Oh well.

So thanks again for the kind welcome, but I'm through here.

 


I hope you continue to post here from time to time. Yes, there are a couple of trolls. At times, other's responses to them may seem a little 'trollish', but then debate is useless with a Troll.

 

Don't let trolls chase you away my friend, if you don't want to deal with them simply ignore them. (Perhaps if I did that myself, my postings would be of a far better quality like they were before so many trolls showed up here.)

 

There are still many good posters who would appreciate your company here.


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Stephen Paddock: Another white terrorist

389 Views
Message 8 of 137

rk9152 wrote:

Is there any justification for the racist title?


The word "racist" isn't in the title and the title doesn't fit the definition of "racist" or 'racism'.

 

The words 'white' and 'terrorist' were used in the title. Whether or not this was a "terrorist" act can be debated. The fact that the shooter was 'white' is fact and no debateable.


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Stephen Paddock: Another white terrorist

397 Views
Message 9 of 137

rker321 wrote:

Hey Rk   and how many guns do you have. 10. 20, 30, 50?  and how many rounds of ammunition.? just asking, I would be going down to Boca Raton, and was trying to avoid  getting on your bad side. LOL


“Leich l’shalom” on your trip to Boca.

Report Inappropriate Content
Frequent Social Butterfly

Re: Stephen Paddock: Another white terrorist

421 Views
Message 10 of 137

Richva wrote:

jims730656 wrote:

Richva wrote:

jims730656 wrote:

Good solutions, but only IF the guns and ammo are bought through legal channels.

That's been the biggest failing of any effort to ban, restrict or modify most anything to date.

 

The best and most immediate example would be hard drugs.  Illegal as all hell but despite the government's 'best' efforts we are awash in cheap Heroin and its use is skyrocketing (as are OD deaths) and more people are in jail for drug offenses than any other single reason.  Yet the drug trade flourishes right under our noses.


You are trying to compare an agricultural product with a machine tool and there is no analogy.  The drug problem exists in many countries while Ameica is the only country with multiple mass shootings each year so it is obviously our lack of attempt in controlling firearms and ammunition, not  some sort of natural law. When you can manufacture bullets and assault rifles in your backyard, you can claim a point. 


WHY is it so hard for some people to understand what a simple ANALOGY is? 

 

In this case the analogy is an illustration of how something being outlawed doesn't make it go away.  It doesn't even have to specifically be drugs or guns.  It could be booze in the 20s, or banned books, or underage sex.  Too often the very ACT of banning something not only does little to eliminate it, but it very often makes even MORE people want is just because it IS banned.

Do you understand now?

 

a·nal·o·gy

"a comparison between two things, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification"


Because the analogy of drug crime with use of firearms is like comparing the use of lawn mowers with the number of deaths in sewing machine accidents........


No it is NOT, and you are making up your own spurious examples to fit your argument.

 

Look, I'm a writer and people PAY me to write things which are easy to understand.  If my editors never had a problem with how I write, the fact that you do means nothing.

For the third or FOURTH time (and the last time), an analogy has almost nothing to do with the actual things or scenarios being compared, but the CONNECTION the two have.  In this case it's BANNING things to no effect the two have in common.

 

I even posted the actual textbook DEFINITION of an analogy and you still don't get it.  I think we're done here.  Ignorance is understandable and opposing opinions are fine.  But willful ignorance or playing games is not.

Report Inappropriate Content