Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
95
Views

Re: Stephen Miller is an Immigration Hypocrite. I Know Because I'm His Uncle.

95 Views
Message 1 of 17

@ManicProgressive

Thanks for sharing your family’s history. 

Very interesting in today’s news and events perspective. Sometimes family members roll off in different directions. But there is also the tie between the past and the present. It sounds like hard work paid off for your family. And hopefully the opportunity for hard work and success by others can continue in the future. 

We are a nation of immigrants, and people who want to achieve and be a success in life. 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
95
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
104
Views

Re: Stephen Miller is an Immigration Hypocrite. I Know Because I'm His Uncle.

104 Views
Message 2 of 17

Actually a much more significant issue regarding the nature of Stephen Miller's personality and the the quality of his character - that should be considered - is that it's widely said by many people - in the general region of DC - as well as multiple other places in the nation - that the only way that Stephen Miller can regularly have a significant amount of human company away from work - especially human female company - is for him to enter into a contractual agreement with various and assorted females -  to remain in his presence for a contractually agreed upon period of time for contractually agreed upon renumeration...

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
104
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
130
Views

Re: Stephen Miller is an Immigration Hypocrite. I Know Because I'm His Uncle.

130 Views
Message 3 of 17

@mickstuder wrote:

Millers Uncle is not done - nor should he be 

 

Stephen Miller's uncle slams nephew anew over immigration policy

 
"You really don't have to be a physician or scientist or psychologist to understand the consequences of separating children from their parents," he said.
 

David Glosser, an uncle of White House senior adviser Stephen Miller, spoke out against his nephew's work crafting the White House's immigration policies on MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell Reports on Tuesday, calling for compassionate policies and bringing up the family's roots as refugees.

 

Glosser particularly condemned the Trump administration's short-lived policy of separating families at the southern border in order to prosecute the parents.

 
 

"I'm unable to speculate about what [Miller] understands and what he doesn't understand" about the effects of such a policy on children, Glosser said on MSNBC, before adding, "you really don't have to be a physician or scientist or psychologist to understand the consequences of separating children from their parents. Everybody knows this."

 

Source - https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/stephen-miller-s-uncle-slams-nephew-anew-over-immigrat...

 

 

 

 AND what has THAT to DO with Miller's ancestor leaving Antopol?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
130
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
137
Views

Re: Stephen Miller is an Immigration Hypocrite. I Know Because I'm His Uncle.

137 Views
Message 4 of 17

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

The anger and vindictiveness of you people and your sources is truly sad. 

 

The US in your stories is not the US of today. We had five less States. While the "land rush was over", we were still expanding. In other words, we needed people - the same concept that the Administration is trying to reinstitute, bring in people because we need them, not because they need us. Of course there will always be the compassionate "asylum" concept - but very limited.

 

Now let's examine the pettiness - Miller, I saw no "chain migration" in the sense we think of it today. The story had individual people all migrating and qualifying individually. 

 

Carlson's ancestor came from Switzerland and came under the rules of the time.

 

Tomi Lahren - are they not bleep countries? What is your point. As to her grandfather - he was found not guilty. What is it you want to blame her for?

 

Scavino - it does not sm that any of his ancestors arrives without qualifying because of any relatives.

 

 

 


Yeah -

 

5 less states - how many states were there when the 2nd Ammendment was created compared to 2018 

 

Oh & The land rush was over too..........was there a US Army Air Force Navy Marines Coast Guard or the FBI or the ACLU when the Second Ammendment was created 

 

How about the Bill of Rights and the Fourteenth Amendment...................

 

Does how they get interpreted depend on how many states there are or what kinds of people Microsoft or Apple needs?

 

 How does any of that relate to the questioning of the words of people based on their ancestors?


It was never intended to address alll the things you think are most important - how would I know what that was - because you also said this in your post and I responded

 

"The US in your stories is not the US of today. We had five less States. While the "land rush was over", we were still expanding.

 

In other words, we needed people - the same concept that the Administration is trying to reinstitute, bring in people because we need them, not because they need us"

 

 

 

I'm sorry but you went from a list of people and their ancestors to MS and Apple. I can't see the connection.

 

Certainly we need people with certain skills and there are programs to acquire them (not chain migration). But someone's great, great grandfather's trip to America is really not a factor when talking about the contributions of Stephen Miller.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
137
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
152
Views

Re: Stephen Miller is an Immigration Hypocrite. I Know Because I'm His Uncle.

152 Views
Message 5 of 17

Millers Uncle is not done - nor should he be 

 

Stephen Miller's uncle slams nephew anew over immigration policy

 
"You really don't have to be a physician or scientist or psychologist to understand the consequences of separating children from their parents," he said.
 

David Glosser, an uncle of White House senior adviser Stephen Miller, spoke out against his nephew's work crafting the White House's immigration policies on MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell Reports on Tuesday, calling for compassionate policies and bringing up the family's roots as refugees.

 

Glosser particularly condemned the Trump administration's short-lived policy of separating families at the southern border in order to prosecute the parents.

 
 

"I'm unable to speculate about what [Miller] understands and what he doesn't understand" about the effects of such a policy on children, Glosser said on MSNBC, before adding, "you really don't have to be a physician or scientist or psychologist to understand the consequences of separating children from their parents. Everybody knows this."

 

Source - https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/stephen-miller-s-uncle-slams-nephew-anew-over-immigrat...

 

 

 

 

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
152
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
153
Views

Re: Stephen Miller is an Immigration Hypocrite. I Know Because I'm His Uncle.

153 Views
Message 6 of 17

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

The anger and vindictiveness of you people and your sources is truly sad. 

 

The US in your stories is not the US of today. We had five less States. While the "land rush was over", we were still expanding. In other words, we needed people - the same concept that the Administration is trying to reinstitute, bring in people because we need them, not because they need us. Of course there will always be the compassionate "asylum" concept - but very limited.

 

Now let's examine the pettiness - Miller, I saw no "chain migration" in the sense we think of it today. The story had individual people all migrating and qualifying individually. 

 

Carlson's ancestor came from Switzerland and came under the rules of the time.

 

Tomi Lahren - are they not bleep countries? What is your point. As to her grandfather - he was found not guilty. What is it you want to blame her for?

 

Scavino - it does not sm that any of his ancestors arrives without qualifying because of any relatives.

 

 

 


Yeah -

 

5 less states - how many states were there when the 2nd Ammendment was created compared to 2018 

 

Oh & The land rush was over too..........was there a US Army Air Force Navy Marines Coast Guard or the FBI or the ACLU when the Second Ammendment was created 

 

How about the Bill of Rights and the Fourteenth Amendment...................

 

Does how they get interpreted depend on how many states there are or what kinds of people Microsoft or Apple needs?

 

 How does any of that relate to the questioning of the words of people based on their ancestors?


It was never intended to address alll the things you think are most important - how would I know what that was - because you also said this in your post and I responded

 

"The US in your stories is not the US of today. We had five less States. While the "land rush was over", we were still expanding.

 

In other words, we needed people - the same concept that the Administration is trying to reinstitute, bring in people because we need them, not because they need us"

 

 

 

 

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
153
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
166
Views

Re: Stephen Miller is an Immigration Hypocrite. I Know Because I'm His Uncle.

166 Views
Message 7 of 17

@Panjandrum wrote:

rk9152:  The anger and vindictiveness of you people and your sources is truly sad. 

 

 

That deafening whooosh and dustcloud was the point of the story going over your head. 


I got the point and the extention of the point by Mick and responded (brilliantly I might add).

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
166
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
167
Views

Re: Stephen Miller is an Immigration Hypocrite. I Know Because I'm His Uncle.

167 Views
Message 8 of 17

@Olderscout66 wrote:

The latest spew of hatred toward immigrants and refugees is just the latest in a long stream of vitrol and bile from the GOPerLords designed to advance and protect their unprecidented redistribution of wealth and income from the bottom 99% to the very top of the 1%.

 

After the 1965 slashing of the TMR from 91% to 70%, they used slander, fear and violence to focus attention on Civil Rights, which they portrayed as a lost of liberty for white people instead of a gain in equality for non-whites.

 

They continued to focus the attention of their base on how non-whites and women were taking the good jobs away from honest hardworking white men and how Unions were protecting slackers ("who just happened to be black, otherwise it would be racist" they chimed) and causing companies to relocate to more friendly (Southern Jim Crow) States.

 

When Reagan slashed the TMR first to 50% then to 28%, the GOPerLords really upped their game, filling their speeches with Welfare Queens driving Welfare Cadillacs and food stamps buying prime rib and lobster while honest white workers were eating beans and hotdogs.

 

It worked wonderfully. From 1948 until 1973, every additional dollar in worker productivity had resulted in a 95 cent increase in workers wages (productivity rose 96.7% from 1948 to 1973 while wages grew by 91.5%) But from 1973 until now, for each dollar in worker productivity, wages only increased by 46 cents and the stockholders share dropped from an average 2.4% ROI to 2.2%. The difference all went to MANAGEMENT, and almost all of that went to SENIOR management.

 

In Manufacturing, the average worker in 1964 took home around $20,000 in pay and generous benefits while the Company President made $250,000, VPs took home $150,000 and executives $75,000. In 2017, CEOs made $15,400,000, VPs around $10,000,000 and executives $3,600,000 while WORKERS compensation was $80,000 and retirement benefits had been slashed by 20%. Do the math.

 

Good people have become VERY good at exposing racism, so the GOPerLords need something besides race to divert attention from their massive theft, and IMMIGRANTS AND REFUGEES are their current target of choice.

 

Its got NOTHING to do with us being "overwhelmed", its entirely a Bright Shinny the GOPerLords use to distract the attention of their lofo base from the FACT that base is being ROBBED BLIND ALONG WITH THE REST OF THE BOTTOM 99%.


SUNNOVAGUN!!!!  The wages stagnated in the '70s because Stephen Miller's ancestors left Antapol to find a better life.

 

Who wudda thunk it??

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
167
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
180
Views

Re: Stephen Miller is an Immigration Hypocrite. I Know Because I'm His Uncle.

180 Views
Message 9 of 17

rk9152:  The anger and vindictiveness of you people and your sources is truly sad. 

 

 

That deafening whooosh and dustcloud was the point of the story going over your head. 

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
180
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
187
Views

Re: Stephen Miller is an Immigration Hypocrite. I Know Because I'm His Uncle.

187 Views
Message 10 of 17

The latest spew of hatred toward immigrants and refugees is just the latest in a long stream of vitrol and bile from the GOPerLords designed to advance and protect their unprecidented redistribution of wealth and income from the bottom 99% to the very top of the 1%.

 

After the 1965 slashing of the TMR from 91% to 70%, they used slander, fear and violence to focus attention on Civil Rights, which they portrayed as a lost of liberty for white people instead of a gain in equality for non-whites.

 

They continued to focus the attention of their base on how non-whites and women were taking the good jobs away from honest hardworking white men and how Unions were protecting slackers ("who just happened to be black, otherwise it would be racist" they chimed) and causing companies to relocate to more friendly (Southern Jim Crow) States.

 

When Reagan slashed the TMR first to 50% then to 28%, the GOPerLords really upped their game, filling their speeches with Welfare Queens driving Welfare Cadillacs and food stamps buying prime rib and lobster while honest white workers were eating beans and hotdogs.

 

It worked wonderfully. From 1948 until 1973, every additional dollar in worker productivity had resulted in a 95 cent increase in workers wages (productivity rose 96.7% from 1948 to 1973 while wages grew by 91.5%) But from 1973 until now, for each dollar in worker productivity, wages only increased by 46 cents and the stockholders share dropped from an average 2.4% ROI to 2.2%. The difference all went to MANAGEMENT, and almost all of that went to SENIOR management.

 

In Manufacturing, the average worker in 1964 took home around $20,000 in pay and generous benefits while the Company President made $250,000, VPs took home $150,000 and executives $75,000. In 2017, CEOs made $15,400,000, VPs around $10,000,000 and executives $3,600,000 while WORKERS compensation was $80,000 and retirement benefits had been slashed by 20%. Do the math.

 

Good people have become VERY good at exposing racism, so the GOPerLords need something besides race to divert attention from their massive theft, and IMMIGRANTS AND REFUGEES are their current target of choice.

 

Its got NOTHING to do with us being "overwhelmed", its entirely a Bright Shinny the GOPerLords use to distract the attention of their lofo base from the FACT that base is being ROBBED BLIND ALONG WITH THE REST OF THE BOTTOM 99%.

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
187
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report


city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors