From travel insurance to fraud protection, AARP has you covered. Take a closer look at your member benefits.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: State Of The Union Fact Checked

Message 1 of 10

@ChasKy53 wrote:

The article didn't say all were lies. If you are going to post at least try to not be so disingenuous.  Of course when one reads this article through the eyes of a trump supporter everything said will be twisted. There were 29 claims made, I doubt you read all of them nor the analysis of each. One can easily see the "phoniness" of this critiquing.

In any "Fact Check" there is the implication of truth/untruth. And as always, your mind reading is inaccurate.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 10

@MsStretch wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Facts are just someone else’s mistaken opinion. 😜

Just for grins, might as well throw in the 'mistaken opinions' of the "failing New York Times" and "Amazon-Washington Post".

Now in fairness, I did try to find a fact checker from Fox News, but all I could find was a article panning other medias' fact checks.

That is too funny!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 10

@rk9152 wrote:

O.K. kiddies, you've had your giggles without bothering to read the so called "lies".

1. 454 million jobs, not 600 million - bad Trump, bad Trump. but I'm sure those 454 million people with jobs are not giggling with you.

2. Lowest unemployment - oh, sure, it's right but let's credit Obama.

3. Great energy production numbers - oh, sure but let's credit Obama.

4. Great economy - oh sure, but not as good as China and India.

5. Criminal justice reform - of sure, but there were Senators involved.

6. Border security - they did not specifically call for "open borders" - just not closed borders.

7. "State of emergency" -  but there's little evidence the southern border is experiencing a new state of emergency Notice "new" state of emergency.

8. Heroin . his claim, "90 PERCENT OF WHICH FLOODS ACROSS FROM OUR SOUTHERN BORDER." Their retort, Yes, it comes from Mexico but snuck in through legal ports of entry. He said nothing about legal or illegal ports of entry.

No need to go on, I believe you can see the phoniness of this "fact check".

The article didn't say all were lies. If you are going to post at least try to not be so disingenuous.  Of course when one reads this article through the eyes of a trump supporter everything said will be twisted. There were 29 claims made, I doubt you read all of them nor the analysis of each. One can easily see the "phoniness" of this critiquing.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 10

O.K. kiddies, you've had your giggles without bothering to read the so called "lies".

1. 454 million jobs, not 600 million - bad Trump, bad Trump. but I'm sure those 454 million people with jobs are not giggling with you.

2. Lowest unemployment - oh, sure, it's right but let's credit Obama.

3. Great energy production numbers - oh, sure but let's credit Obama.

4. Great economy - oh sure, but not as good as China and India.

5. Criminal justice reform - of sure, but there were Senators involved.

6. Border security - they did not specifically call for "open borders" - just not closed borders.

7. "State of emergency" -  but there's little evidence the southern border is experiencing a new state of emergency Notice "new" state of emergency.

8. Heroin . his claim, "90 PERCENT OF WHICH FLOODS ACROSS FROM OUR SOUTHERN BORDER." Their retort, Yes, it comes from Mexico but snuck in through legal ports of entry. He said nothing about legal or illegal ports of entry.

No need to go on, I believe you can see the phoniness of this "fact check".

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 10

@CriticalThinking wrote:

What's wrong with Chasky? Doesn't he realize that using FACTS thoroughly confuses Trump Cult members? Why is he doing that?

Could posting facts for trump supporters be considered as trolling?  Well ............. I hope not !

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 10

@MsStretch wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Just for grins, might as well throw in the 'mistaken opinions' of the "failing New York Times" and "Amazon-Washington Post".

Now in fairness, I did try to find a fact checker from Fox News, but all I could find was a article panning other medias' fact checks.

It must be noted that the Fox News article was an opinion piece that failed to cite any facts to back up it's opinion.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 10

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 10

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

State Of The Union Fact Checked

Message 9 of 10

What's wrong with Chasky? Doesn't he realize that using FACTS thoroughly confuses Trump Cult members? Why is he doing that?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

State Of The Union Fact Checked

Message 10 of 10
State of the Union fact check: What's true and false in Trump's address
NBC examines claims about the economy, immigration, trade, abortion and foreign policy.

Photo illustration of Donald Trump.
NBC News / Getty Images

Feb. 5, 2019, 8:37 PM CST / Updated Feb. 6, 2019, 2:18 AM CST
By Jane C. Timm and Carrie Dann

President Donald Trump delivered his second State of the Union address on Tuesday, where he re-enforced his immigration agenda, slammed "ridiculous partisan investigations" and announced he would meet with North Korea's Kim Jong Un for a second time later this month.

NBC News fact-checked his State of the Union address as it happened.

Video Will Begin In...

Trump's figure is close. The U.S. has added 454,000 manufacturing jobs since Trump took office in January 2017, some of the biggest gains in 20 years, according to jobs data. Trump’s numbers mark an acceleration of a trend that began in 2010 under President Barack Obama.

Still, after decades of automation and change to the industry in the U.S., manufacturing is a much smaller part of the country’s economy than it was decades ago. While 19.5 million people were employed in the manufacturing industry in 1979, there were 12.8 million Americans in the industry in late 2018.

Claim: Trump says he launched an 'unprecedented economic boom'

“In just over two years since the election, we have launched an unprecedented economic boom — a boom that has rarely been seen before,” Trump said.

Trump took office amid a booming economy, and he’s been taking credit for it since day one. But there’s no evidence he created this boom. Some economists argue he boosted growth with tax cuts — turbocharging an already booming economy — while others argue the government shutdown, tariffs, and trade war have slowed growth.

Most can agree, however, that Trump’s economy — something he touts among his biggest successes — has been built upon the upward trajectory that began under Obama.

And while America’s economy is strong, it has grown at a faster rate in earlier years. In 1983, for example, the nation's annual GDP was 7.9 percent. In the second quarter of 2018, the GDP was 4.2 percent.

Claim: Trump says unemployment is at its lowest rate in 'half a century'

Trump's figure is accurate, though it's notably a continuation of a strong growth trend begun after the recession ended in 2010.

When unemployment ticked down to 3.7 percent in September 2018, that indeed marked the lowest jobless rate since December 1969, per the Bureau of Labor Statistics. But the jobless rate has since ticked back up to 4.0 In January, which is above the 3.8 percent achieved in the Clinton administration in April 2000.

It's certainly true that the economy is in a much-improved place now than it was a decade ago. Joblessness has steadily declined since the end of the economic recession in 2010.

But it’s a fuzzier picture when it comes to whether Trump deserves credit for the low unemployment rate or whether he has continued a trend started by the Obama administration. In the 24 months since Trump has been in office, total non-farm employment has grown by nearly 4.9 million. Over the same period of time (24 months) at the end of Obama’s tenure, total non-farm employment grew by about 5.1 million.

Much much much more at link:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/state-union-fact-check-what-s-true-what-s-false-n9673...

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors