Getting ready to enroll in Medicare? AARP’s Medicare Made Easy has the resources you need to help you make the right choices.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Stage 4 Dumb

Message 21 of 42

@rker321 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:
What's even worse is that one feels the need to "make light" of CANCER by using "STAGE FOUR" as a descriptor of "Dumb"..........@nctarheel...........no one mentioned cancer or race except you. Why did you determine it was either?

I am extremely glad that you  are aware of the effect of the cartoon. people react in the most negative manner when they see a cartoon that is racist, and  ethnic  offensive. Is is also a way of baiting posters so they can get angry and react in a negative manner.

I do hope that the moderators   are looking as to the consequences of these cartoons that are most definitely not appropriate in this message board.

What in the cartoon is racist, and  ethnic  offensive.

I personally think of her as an idiot - but apparently others see her in ethnic terms - sorta racist on their part, no??

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 42

Of course it's not possible (except for **bleep** trumpsters) for political affiliation to be considered racism.

It's not that rebs are what they are - it's that their leader was on Russian financial life support for a number of years prior to Putin's bot's and trolls manipulating the  minds of those who voted for tRump...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 42

@rker321 wrote:

@Laurie42010 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

As the posts that have been posted in this thread  clearly indicate that the cartoon has proven to be very offensive, to all and incite anger and division  that  may eventually lead to posts that should not be posted, therefore is is actually a very baiting cartoon.

Okay, I will try to remove mine, but in doing so, I do feel that these type of topics/comics should also be met with the others' opinions..

Suposedly, we should at least have some sensitity to racial, ethnic types of cartoon that are quite offensive to others.

If you post racist or other types of diviisive comments, you can be reported and penalize by the TOS  Apparently cartton that incide division, racism  are not ssen as a deviation of the TOS and are in many ways baiting posts to incite others.

There is nothing racial or ethnic in that. The woman is an idiot regardless of, not because of her ethnicity.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 42

@rker321 wrote:

As the posts that have been posted in this thread  clearly indicate that the cartoon has proven to be very offensive, to all and incite anger and division  that  may eventually lead to posts that should not be posted, therefore is is actually a very baiting cartoon.

If a person is going to allow their racist impression of the cartoon to effect them, it can hardly be called baiting by the original poster, but the follow up and any supporters of that racist approach ..... well......????

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 42

@nctarheel wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

Stage 4 Dumb.jpg

It is a shame that there are those that feel like they must assign a title to a WOMAN OF COLOR of BEYOND STUPID.

Not funny, @Soosie.

It is my understanding that assigning qualities to a person based on the color of their skin is called "racism". So, I guess assuming a person of color can't be an idiot would qualify.

To not grasp that is either beyond stupid or so hate filled that understanding such basic truths is beyond possibility.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 42

@Soosie wrote:

The cartoon means that AOC  in my opinion is dumb.  You posters are the ones pulling everything else out that is not there.  I find many of the name calling and  posts here offensive and baiting.  Do I get to have those posts pulled down as you say?  I have heard some of you say this is a group to post about politics and that it gets lively.  I have been told if I can't take the heat, I should stay out.  Do you think this applies to all posters?  I find it offensive to be singled out and picked on my many of you.  As I have asked before, is this a site for Democrats only?  If it is, it should be stated in the guidelines.  There are a couple of sayings at the end of some posts that border on being a direct threat to the President.  Why is that not called.  I find it offensive.  Should I as a senior posting here not have the same right as the rest of the group?  If not, can some  or one of you explain.

I have no intendtion on getting into an argument with you. sorry, I will leave that determination to the Moderators.
I sincerely feel that the cartoon is offensive, racist,  Ethnic inappropriate and instills anger and inappropriate posts. there has to be a manner in which we can discuss issue without creating what  this cartoon obviously  has created.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 42

The cartoon means that AOC  in my opinion is dumb.  You posters are the ones pulling everything else out that is not there.  I find many of the name calling and  posts here offensive and baiting.  Do I get to have those posts pulled down as you say?  I have heard some of you say this is a group to post about politics and that it gets lively.  I have been told if I can't take the heat, I should stay out.  Do you think this applies to all posters?  I find it offensive to be singled out and picked on my many of you.  As I have asked before, is this a site for Democrats only?  If it is, it should be stated in the guidelines.  There are a couple of sayings at the end of some posts that border on being a direct threat to the President.  Why is that not called.  I find it offensive.  Should I as a senior posting here not have the same right as the rest of the group?  If not, can some  or one of you explain.

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 42

@rker321 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:
What's even worse is that one feels the need to "make light" of CANCER by using "STAGE FOUR" as a descriptor of "Dumb"..........@nctarheel...........no one mentioned cancer or race except you. Why did you determine it was either?

I am extremely glad that you  are aware of the effect of the cartoon. people react in the most negative manner when they see a cartoon that is racist, and  ethnic  offensive. Is is also a way of baiting posters so they can get angry and react in a negative manner.

I do hope that the moderators   are looking as to the consequences of these cartoons that are most definitely not appropriate in this message board.

Yeah, just post the exact words used by this current President and I KNOW you will have it pulled down.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 42

@Soosie wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 42

Kudos
Views