Staying Sharp empowers you to take control of your brain health as you age. Try it today!

Kudos
Views

Re: Stage 4 Dumb

Message 1 of 42

Thanks everyone. This thread is off topic and is now locked.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 42

@rk9152 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@Soosie wrote:
What's even worse is that one feels the need to "make light" of CANCER by using "STAGE FOUR" as a descriptor of "Dumb"..........@nctarheel...........no one mentioned cancer or race except you. Why did you determine it was either?

There is no need to mention CANCER itself as STAGE FOUR is a level of many different types of CANCER.

The concern centers around its use in a humorous way as a descriptor of "DUMBNESS".

That just ain't funny, @Soosie.

It ain't funny if you DID mention CANCER.

It ain't funny if you DIDN'T mention CANCER.

To use a term that describes METASTATIC cancers as they course through someone's body for a JOKE is just beyond the pale.

Agreed, cancer is not funny. There was no reason for you to introduce it.

The issue was "dumb" and it was accurate. Care to get back to that?

I introduced it?

Did you not read the title as posted by @Soosie.

The title makes light of STAGE FOUR, a medical term for cancer, any cancer, that has spread to other organs beyond its original origin.

I don't understand how you, @rk9152, can overlook that and, worse yet, with the title staring you in the face.... accuse me of introducing the sickening analogy.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 42

Funny what fear does to some. It scares some who are afraid of someone of color, has forward looking ideas, and seems to care about those who voted for her...hardly the characteristics of trump! And it causes people to react by calling her names, like behavior on a playground in the 5th grade. Who’s idiotic now?

Perhaps the fear also comes from trump supporters that if they were to debate AOC, she would chew them up. What they may make fun of but don’t realize, is that bartenders may possess more practical knowledge of people’s behavior than many psychologists. 

Go ahead and call her names, she’ll just laugh at you and keep going!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 42

@rk9152 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@Soosie wrote:
What's even worse is that one feels the need to "make light" of CANCER by using "STAGE FOUR" as a descriptor of "Dumb"..........@nctarheel...........no one mentioned cancer or race except you. Why did you determine it was either?

There is no need to mention CANCER itself as STAGE FOUR is a level of many different types of CANCER.

The concern centers around its use in a humorous way as a descriptor of "DUMBNESS".

That just ain't funny, @Soosie.

It ain't funny if you DID mention CANCER.

It ain't funny if you DIDN'T mention CANCER.

To use a term that describes METASTATIC cancers as they course through someone's body for a JOKE is just beyond the pale.

Agreed, cancer is not funny. There was no reason for you to introduce it.

The issue was "dumb" and it was accurate. Care to get back to that?

Tell me something else that is described with the term "stage 4" other than cancer.  I have cancer, in association with it "stage four" is anything but a pleasant thought, another term could certainly have been used. Using stage 4 in the title of this topic was very insensitive, to say the least.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 42

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@easyed598 wrote:

Alferdpacker wrote-He (tRump) is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages...---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------When the Democrats lose big in 2020 ,it will be rhetoric like this by many on the left,that will be the major cause---Not Russian collusion!!! Keep it up AP.

Based on the last Presidential election comments like Alferd wrote should be a winning strategy. Trump got elected because of his attacks similar to the above.

Actually - with a modification to include the cowardly toad - I used a chapter heading from the twenty-first chapter of Puddinhead Wilson by Mark Twain.

I have permission from a friend, a descendant of Samuel Clemens, who has lived in the Roaring Fork valley since 1976 to use it - it's one of his favorite things by his ancestor.

i first heard him mutter it under his breath in late 1976, and was delighted when he gave it full voice...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 42

@easyed598 wrote:

Alferdpacker wrote-He (tRump) is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages...---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------When the Democrats lose big in 2020 ,it will be rhetoric like this by many on the left,that will be the major cause---Not Russian collusion!!! Keep it up AP.

Based on the last Presidential election comments like Alferd wrote should be a winning strategy. Trump got elected because of his attacks similar to the above.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 42

I had high hopes that the RW cartoon sharer was going to have a moment of clarity, or perhaps found a mirror.    NOPE, instead, the low remain low by only posting political cartoons and perhaps being in alignment with FNews in hoping that their rage and targeting against young elected women should be targetted and killed.

Seniors should have found their own voice by this age...apparently some still haven't and that is profoundly sad...  That is worse than their statement of dumb...perhaps again they like to demean women - are they accustomed to that type of behavior, that they want every woman to experience that level of distopia.       I hope this cartoon sharer finds psychological help.    

Best of luck to the poster.

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 42

rk - Agreed, cancer is not funny. There was no reason for you to introduce it.

The complete dishonesty, misplaced blame in those two sentences is....hilarious.

The owner of this topic has not yet identified the "reason" why the chosen TITLE of this topic introduces "Stage 4".

Do you know an alternative description of "Stage 4" other than in a medical diagnosis indicating the level a cancer has progressed?

Image result for image cartoon caught lying

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 42

@rk9152 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

I am extremely glad that you  are aware of the effect of the cartoon. people react in the most negative manner when they see a cartoon that is racist, and  ethnic  offensive. Is is also a way of baiting posters so they can get angry and react in a negative manner.

I do hope that the moderators   are looking as to the consequences of these cartoons that are most definitely not appropriate in this message board.

What in the cartoon is racist, and  ethnic  offensive.

I personally think of her as an idiot - but apparently others see her in ethnic terms - sorta racist on their part, no??

Wrong  I have called her inmature, and other names, but, I don't denigrate her image, and that is what this cartoon does.

YOu don't have to like the policies of a person. but you have no right to denigrate the individual.

Do you then agree that this is not a racial or a gender issue? It is a matter of opinions as to the stupidity or validity of the words - true?

Nope. 

No way.

Never has been true.

Never will be true.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 42

@rker321 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

I am extremely glad that you  are aware of the effect of the cartoon. people react in the most negative manner when they see a cartoon that is racist, and  ethnic  offensive. Is is also a way of baiting posters so they can get angry and react in a negative manner.

I do hope that the moderators   are looking as to the consequences of these cartoons that are most definitely not appropriate in this message board.

What in the cartoon is racist, and  ethnic  offensive.

I personally think of her as an idiot - but apparently others see her in ethnic terms - sorta racist on their part, no??

Wrong  I have called her inmature, and other names, but, I don't denigrate her image, and that is what this cartoon does.

YOu don't have to like the policies of a person. but you have no right to denigrate the individual.

Do you then agree that this is not a racial or a gender issue? It is a matter of opinions as to the stupidity or validity of the words - true?

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors