Looking for work? The U.S. Census Bureau is hiring more than 500,000 people nationwide. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Stage 4 Dumb

Message 11 of 42

@nctarheel wrote:

@Soosie wrote:
What's even worse is that one feels the need to "make light" of CANCER by using "STAGE FOUR" as a descriptor of "Dumb"..........@nctarheel...........no one mentioned cancer or race except you. Why did you determine it was either?

As to race, this is the 2nd or 3rd meme posted by @Soosie  targeting our new representatives that are WOMEN who are PERSONS OF COLOR.

The question should NOT BE who "mentioned" RACE because the repeated use of memes targeting these women already answers that question.

The question is why are these repeated memes targeting the same two new representatives over and over.

"Dumb" is not a race - can we move on?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 42

@nctarheel wrote:

@Soosie wrote:
What's even worse is that one feels the need to "make light" of CANCER by using "STAGE FOUR" as a descriptor of "Dumb"..........@nctarheel...........no one mentioned cancer or race except you. Why did you determine it was either?

There is no need to mention CANCER itself as STAGE FOUR is a level of many different types of CANCER.

The concern centers around its use in a humorous way as a descriptor of "DUMBNESS".

That just ain't funny, @Soosie.

It ain't funny if you DID mention CANCER.

It ain't funny if you DIDN'T mention CANCER.

To use a term that describes METASTATIC cancers as they course through someone's body for a JOKE is just beyond the pale.

Agreed, cancer is not funny. There was no reason for you to introduce it.

The issue was "dumb" and it was accurate. Care to get back to that?

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 42

Alferdpacker wrote-He (tRump) is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages...---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------When the Democrats lose big in 2020 ,it will be rhetoric like this by many on the left,that will be the major cause---Not Russian collusion!!! Keep it up AP.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 42

@rk9152 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

I am extremely glad that you  are aware of the effect of the cartoon. people react in the most negative manner when they see a cartoon that is racist, and  ethnic  offensive. Is is also a way of baiting posters so they can get angry and react in a negative manner.

I do hope that the moderators   are looking as to the consequences of these cartoons that are most definitely not appropriate in this message board.

What in the cartoon is racist, and  ethnic  offensive.

I personally think of her as an idiot - but apparently others see her in ethnic terms - sorta racist on their part, no??

Wrong  I have called her inmature, and other names, but, I don't denigrate her image, and that is what this cartoon does.

YOu don't have to like the policies of a person. but you have no right to denigrate the individual.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 42

@Snoopy48 wrote:

At least the title of this topic described the first post.

Yep - sure did.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 42

At least the title of this topic described the first post.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 42

@Soosie wrote:

As to race, this is the 2nd or 3rd meme posted by @Soosie  targeting our new representatives that are WOMEN who are PERSONS OF COLOR.

The question should NOT BE who "mentioned" RACE because the repeated use of memes targeting these women already answers that question.

The question is why are these repeated memes targeting the same two new representatives over and over.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 42

Should I as a senior posting here not have the same right as the rest of the group?

That is a 'judgment' question you are, imo-inappropriately asking other posters to participate in.  Ask the moderators instead.

I have been told if I can't take the heat, I should stay out.  Do you think this applies to all posters? 

Absolutely.  Every poster on every forum throughout the world.

I find it offensive to be singled out and picked on my many of you.  

Your feelings/emotions are your own responsibility, not anyone else's.

One of the problems I have in this thread is "Stage 4" as the title of your cartoon.  Do what you want Soosie but when that term is questioned by another, you blame that poster for bringing Stage 4 into the conversation. (???)

"no one mentioned cancer or race except you. Why did you determine it was either?

What did you think Stage 4 means - why did you use it - why deny your own title?

My experience here is that lack of credibility will always be questioned, as it should be.

If I may suggest seeking help answering your own questions rather than (repeatedly) asking posters on a current events/political forum to participate in a personal dilemma with you.  That exercise may by itself assist in relieving your feelings of being "picked on".  Best wishes on that journey.  ; )

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 42

@Soosie wrote:

There is no need to mention CANCER itself as STAGE FOUR is a level of many different types of CANCER.

The concern centers around its use in a humorous way as a descriptor of "DUMBNESS".

That just ain't funny, @Soosie.

It ain't funny if you DID mention CANCER.

It ain't funny if you DIDN'T mention CANCER.

To use a term that describes METASTATIC cancers as they course through someone's body for a JOKE is just beyond the pale.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 42

@rk9152 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

@Laurie42010 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

As the posts that have been posted in this thread  clearly indicate that the cartoon has proven to be very offensive, to all and incite anger and division  that  may eventually lead to posts that should not be posted, therefore is is actually a very baiting cartoon.

Okay, I will try to remove mine, but in doing so, I do feel that these type of topics/comics should also be met with the others' opinions..

Suposedly, we should at least have some sensitity to racial, ethnic types of cartoon that are quite offensive to others.

If you post racist or other types of diviisive comments, you can be reported and penalize by the TOS  Apparently cartton that incide division, racism  are not ssen as a deviation of the TOS and are in many ways baiting posts to incite others.

There is nothing racial or ethnic in that. The woman is an idiot regardless of, not because of her ethnicity.

There's nothing racial or ethnic in the fact that tRump is a pathological liar (over 8000 in the first two years) who committed treason at Helsinki...

The first lie(s)?

trumpdonald_012017gn4_lead.jpg

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors