Reply
Honored Social Butterfly

Spying on Americans

A former U.S. intelligence contractor tells Circa he walked away with more than 600 million classified documents on 47 hard drives from the National Security Agency and the CIA, a haul potentially larger than Edward Snowden's now infamous breach.

 

And now he is suing former FBI Director James Comey and other government figures, alleging the bureau has covered up evidence he provided them showing widespread spying on Americans that violated civil liberties.

 

The suit, filed late Monday night by Dennis Montgomery, was assigned to the same federal judge who has already ruled that some of the NSA's collection of data on Americans violates the U.S. Constitution’s Fourth Amendment, setting up an intriguing legal proceeding in the nation’s capital this summer.

 

Montgomery says the evidence he gave to the FBI chronicle the warrantless collection of phone, financial and personal data and the unmasking of identities in spy data about millions of Americans,. 

“This domestic surveillance was all being done on computers supplied by the FBI," Montgomery told Circa in an interview. "So these supercomputers, which are FBI computers, the CIA is using them to do domestic surveillance."

 

Documents obtained by Circa outside of the lawsuit show that the U.S. attorney’s office in Washington in 2015 approved a grant of limited immunity for Montgomery so he could explain how he managed to walk out of his contract and the buildings he worked in with the classified material. 

 

Read More,  watch video and see documents:

 

https://www.circa.com/story/2017/06/06/did-the-fbi-have-evidence-of-a-breach-larger-than-snowden-a-l...

 

 

 

VIMTSTL
Honored Social Butterfly

From the original article:

 

Documents obtained by Circa outside of the lawsuit show that the U.S. attorney’s office in Washington in 2015 approved a grant of limited immunity for Montgomery so he could explain how he managed to walk out of his contract and the buildings he worked in with the classified material. 

 

Read More,  watch video and see documents:

 

https://www.circa.com/story/2017/06/06/did-the-fbi-have-evidence-of-a-breach-larger-than-snowden-a-l...

VIMTSTL
0 Kudos
432 Views
2
Report
Recognized Social Butterfly


@jimc91 wrote:

From the original article:

 

Documents obtained by Circa outside of the lawsuit show that the U.S. attorney’s office in Washington in 2015 approved a grant of limited immunity for Montgomery so he could explain how he managed to walk out of his contract and the buildings he worked in with the classified material. 

 

Read More,  watch video and see documents:

 

https://www.circa.com/story/2017/06/06/did-the-fbi-have-evidence-of-a-breach-larger-than-snowden-a-l...


I suggest you the read letter what the limited immunity was they gave him and who initiated the request.  I am not sure he ever turned over any documents.  He pulled the same sort of thing with Arpaio (although I think he charged him a fee) and nothing materialized.

 

To say Montgomery is a suspect source is to put it mildly.  Again, if you other sources, this would be more of a discussion.

 

0 Kudos
413 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@jimc91 wrote:

From the original article:

 

Documents obtained by Circa outside of the lawsuit show that the U.S. attorney’s office in Washington in 2015 approved a grant of limited immunity for Montgomery so he could explain how he managed to walk out of his contract and the buildings he worked in with the classified material. 

 

Read More,  watch video and see documents:

 

https://www.circa.com/story/2017/06/06/did-the-fbi-have-evidence-of-a-breach-larger-than-snowden-a-l...


Amazing...  In 2015 the Obama Administration DOJ granted him limited immunity.

 

The left here wants to talk about source...

 

I get it,  you don't like the information so you attack the source.

 

 

VIMTSTL
0 Kudos
421 Views
0
Report
Recognized Social Butterfly

The problem with this story is the "source".  Dennis Montgomery is a software developer who sold the Government an program that he said could decode secret messages from terrorists hidden in broadcasts.  The software was later proven to be an elaborate hoax.  Montgomery's former lawyer said Montgomery was a "con artist" and "habitual liar engaged in fraud".

 

Montgomery told Sheriff Joe Arpaio that he had proof that while working at the CIA he had uncovered a conspiracy against Arpaio.  He couldn't produce the "proof".

 

While everybody is entitled to their day in court, I wouldn't believe anything coming out of Montgomery's mouth anymore than I believe what is printed in the National Enquirer.

 

If Circa is using him as a single "source", that says more about a lack of ethics at Circa than anything else.

Trusted Social Butterfly


@sp362 wrote:

The problem with this story is the "source".  Dennis Montgomery is a software developer who sold the Government an program that he said could decode secret messages from terrorists hidden in broadcasts.  The software was later proven to be an elaborate hoax.  Montgomery's former lawyer said Montgomery was a "con artist" and "habitual liar engaged in fraud".

 

Montgomery told Sheriff Joe Arpaio that he had proof that while working at the CIA he had uncovered a conspiracy against Arpaio.  He couldn't produce the "proof".

 

While everybody is entitled to their day in court, I wouldn't believe anything coming out of Montgomery's mouth anymore than I believe what is printed in the National Enquirer.

 

If Circa is using him as a single "source", that says more about a lack of ethics at Circa than anything else.


Well....not really sp.  A considerable amount of what that says applies to those who use those sources as their only reference and never 'belly up to the bar' when the issue of responsible ethics comes up....Hmmmmmm?

0 Kudos
396 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@sp362 wrote:

The problem with this story is the "source".  Dennis Montgomery is a software developer who sold the Government an program that he said could decode secret messages from terrorists hidden in broadcasts.  The software was later proven to be an elaborate hoax.  Montgomery's former lawyer said Montgomery was a "con artist" and "habitual liar engaged in fraud".

 

Montgomery told Sheriff Joe Arpaio that he had proof that while working at the CIA he had uncovered a conspiracy against Arpaio.  He couldn't produce the "proof".

 

While everybody is entitled to their day in court, I wouldn't believe anything coming out of Montgomery's mouth anymore than I believe what is printed in the National Enquirer.

 

If Circa is using him as a single "source", that says more about a lack of ethics at Circa than anything else.


If Montgomery EVER actually worked for a CIA "contractor", its just one more reason to end the Republican's drive to privatize the Government workforce. It doesn't save a dime and increases total Governmental costs because the contract workers don't have any benefits but do get sick and eventually become too old to work, and guess who takes care of those issues, issues that were included as part of the lower-cost government worker the contractor replaced.

Honored Social Butterfly


@sp362 wrote:

The problem with this story is the "source".  .


You are off topic.

 

This thread is about Spying on The American people, not the source.

 

Please, lets stay on topic and not attempt to steer the thread away from the subject.

 

That is a clear violation of TOS.

 

@sp362

 

 

 

VIMTSTL
0 Kudos
444 Views
4
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@jimc91 wrote:

You are off topic.

 

This thread is about Spying on The American people, not the source.

 

Please, lets stay on topic and not attempt to steer the thread away from the subject.

 

That is a clear violation of TOS.

 

 


Do you believe someone appointed you as a moderator????

 

Disputing the origin of a post, its author, and the media outlet from which the post derived is in no way, shape, or form OFF TOPIC. To make a statement like that, then one must believe that whatever they post is the truth and the one and only truth. That is not the case...... especially with a post that is essentially an article from Circa.com.

 

Circa.com is led by John Solomon, the article cited is written by him. Here is his pedigree.

 

John Solomon was formerly head of THE WASHINGTON TIMES, a media outlet for SUN MYONG MOON'S UNIFICATION CHURCH, a cult better known as THE MOONIES. Many lives were ruined by this cult and many people have lost their life's savings to the hucksters that run the organization.

 

Since he led a media outlet previously that was discredited and widely known as disreputable; there is no reason to believe that his present employer is any different since he is at its head.

 

One SHOULD NOT believe anything generated from John Solomon's pen.

NO! IT'S CONSERVATIVES THAT ARE NUTTIER THAN SQUIRREL POOP!
Recognized Social Butterfly


@jimc91 wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

The problem with this story is the "source".  .


You are off topic.

 

This thread is about Spying on The American people, not the source.

 

Please, lets stay on topic and not attempt to steer the thread away from the subject.

 

That is a clear violation of TOS.

 

@sp362

 

 

 


Are you actually serious?  If you can't believe the source of your original article about "spying on the American people", how is there even a discussion.  You want a discussion pretending that what this habitual liar and con artist says is a fact.  You are not proving your point by citing this "source".  If you another source, then it is a valid discussion.

Honored Social Butterfly


@sp362 wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

The problem with this story is the "source".  .


You are off topic.

 

This thread is about Spying on The American people, not the source.

 

Please, lets stay on topic and not attempt to steer the thread away from the subject.

 

That is a clear violation of TOS.

 

@sp362

 

 

 


Are you actually serious?  If you can't believe the source of your original article about "spying on the American people", how is there even a discussion.  You want a discussion pretending that what this habitual liar and con artist says is a fact.  You are not proving your point by citing this "source".  If you another source, then it is a valid discussion.


Spot on sp - The RWers always want to "stay on topic" and force people to talk about their absurd, unreal nonsense AS IF it were somehow a legitimate topic, very like demanding one just talk about the true nature of the Fairy Princess but not about the actual existance of the Fairy Princess.

 

It's a very old Winger technique, going back to John Birchers and probabloy beyond that, and somehow it strikes the GOPerbase as "fair" that people discuss only "the topic" even when the topic itself is total nonsense. Just another proof the Republicans are winning their War on Education.

0 Kudos
426 Views
1
Report
Trusted Social Butterfly


@Olderscout66 wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

The problem with this story is the "source".  .


You are off topic.

 

This thread is about Spying on The American people, not the source.

 

Please, lets stay on topic and not attempt to steer the thread away from the subject.

 

That is a clear violation of TOS.

 

@sp362

 

 

 


Are you actually serious?  If you can't believe the source of your original article about "spying on the American people", how is there even a discussion.  You want a discussion pretending that what this habitual liar and con artist says is a fact.  You are not proving your point by citing this "source".  If you another source, then it is a valid discussion.


Spot on sp - The RWers always want to "stay on topic" and force people to talk about their absurd, unreal nonsense AS IF it were somehow a legitimate topic, very like demanding one just talk about the true nature of the Fairy Princess but not about the actual existance of the Fairy Princess.

 

It's a very old Winger technique, going back to John Birchers and probabloy beyond that, and somehow it strikes the GOPerbase as "fair" that people discuss only "the topic" even when the topic itself is total nonsense. Just another proof the Republicans are winning their War on Education.


Sounds very much like you have been there before...and at the time it was happening.  Me too.

Since we know, I guess 'we have to blow'....the whistle, I mean.  

0 Kudos
393 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

NEWS FLASH! The CIA has been looking for AMERICAN spies for a very long time, which is very different from spying on Americans.

 

Seems what the article alledges is CONTRACTORS hired to displace Government workers are the source of the problem, which is no surprise and far from a new revelation. Start with Boyce and Daulton (The Falcon and the Snowman) back in the early 1970's, and contract employees have been selling out Americas secrets on a scale unrivaled since we caught Aldrich Ames.

 

But Republicans insist on outsourcing every government job possible, to the point we have to rely on Haliburton and Blackwater if we want to deploy anything bigger than a squad for longer than a week. Much of the Navy cannot leave port without a mob of civilians onboard to run the systems Republicans refuse to provide money to train sailors to run.

 

Wonder why so many Generals and Admirals land cushy jobs with defense contractors immediately after they retire? Its because they've been part of the contractors' workforce for decades BEFORE they retired.

 

Why is this so muh more interesting to GOPers than the much stronger body of evidence proving jrbush ignored the signs pointing to 9/11 because he was totally focused on finding a way to invade Iraq and grab the oil?

Honored Social Butterfly

"Deep state" strikes again!

0 Kudos
223 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Any  article that starts with " A former member of "  is pretty suspect. and apparently many journalists don't have enough work to present to their bosses. 
so, sorry, don't care to read articles that imply but cannot prove anything.
Besides,  in my mind there are a bunch of Americans that need spying.  LOL

no name
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png