Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Speaking of Fake (false) News and Russian Bots .......

Message 41 of 63

In order of my preference, it's like this:

1. Some conservatives do the right thing for the right reason.

2. Other conservatives do the right thing for the wrong reason.

3. Every liberal does the wrong thing for the wrong reason.

Since 2. is better than 3., I am not going to worry much about fake news that causes conservatives to do the right thing for the wrong reason.  I am much more worried about fake news and lies of omission in the liberal news media, e.g. "Trump is a racist."

Incidentally, somebody I can't name because it is a violation of AARP rules told me in a private message that it was a violation of AARP rules to not state my sources.  The Fake News about immigration was sent to me by email from a friend who believed it.  In case you are wondering, I didn't forward it and I alerted the sender that it was fake news.

You are getting sleepy.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 63

@rk9152wrote:

Can we take a step or two above Just like all the other offal conservatives/republicans/trump-suckers are so fond of... and agree that the phenomenon pointed out in post #1 cuts across partisan and ideological lines?

Not until the nation has a president that doesn't provably tell lies twice as often as he tells the truth - and followers and supporters who don't appear to be slavishly and obsequiously attempting to emulate him...

I do not support the current administration that is accurately and factually described as a calculatedly mendacious and deliberately untruthful kakistocratic kleptocracy.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 63

Can we take a step or two above Just like all the other offal conservatives/republicans/trump-suckers are so fond of... and agree that the phenomenon pointed out in post #1 cuts across partisan and ideological lines?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 63

@aruzinskywrote:

I quoted you and deleted anything in your post that had nothing to do with this topic .  Funny, but there is nothing left in the quote.

Do you have anything to contribute to serious discussion pertaining to this factual and serious topic?  If not, I would be more than appreciative if the baiting, taunting, and off topic comments were ceased so that this topic remains on the board and doesn't get closed.

Thank you, I appreciate your cooperation.

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 63

@aruzinskywrote:

In the openings of the TV show Fargo, it is stated,"This is a true story. The events depicted took place in Minnesota in [year]. At the request of the survivors, the names have been changed. Out of respect for the dead, the rest has been told exactly as it occurred."

So, some capitalist really said, "A chicken is an egg's way of making another egg.":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C0NHpcJEGQ

I deeply appreciate your deep intelligence, so deep that you mock the information in this article, and so deep that you have no concern over the Russians influencing our elections and threatening our democracy.

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 63

@Centristsin2010wrote:

IMO, fake news isn't entertainment....it's only "entertainment" to those who support it's premise and are comforted by knowing someone is lying for the same values they hold.  In fact, it has no redeeming social value other than to deceive and mis-inform ignorant people.  Though, some are "entertained" by this.  It speaks to their integrity.

You're correct Cent. This article is factual. Many people have been fooled by the fake news posted by the BOTs or fooled by their friends or others repeating the false information from the BOTs. Some that believe the false stuff make fun of an article such as this one. Some know about the false Russian BOT information, have not been taken by it, yet mock any informational article such as this one. The only ones that have my respect are those who take this article to heart and realize the danger to our democracy that exists because of the Russians, their BOTs, and the people who believe the false information and spread it through our social medias. It should be seen as a very serious problem and acted on by our citizens and our government.

This should deeply concern everyone.

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 63

@aruzinskywrote:

If this doesn't bother YOU, then just delete the message. Otherwise, forward this to everyone YOU know!

Ya know ............... I posted this topic and you can bet your bippy that if I could delete your post or "message" (as asked) I certainly would ........ because it has absolutely nothing to do with this topic. Certain posters here make me wonder if they are a Russian BOT, one of the ones that mindlessly repeat the postings of the  Russian BOTs, or just post off topic things to distract from the topic.

If you have a comment on the actual topic you are more than welcome to share your opinion.  By the way ........... where is your ancestry from, unless you are an American Indian, your ancestors were immigrants just like Mexicans are.

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 63

@aruzinskywrote:

@alferdpackerwrote:

@aruzinskywrote:

@alferdpackerwrote:

@aruzinskywrote:

@alferdpackerwrote:

@aruzinskywrote:

So, some capitalist really said, "A chicken is an egg's way of making another egg.":

An evolutionary geneticist/biologist would much more truthfully and accurately state that an egg is evolution's way for something that wasn't quite a chicken to make the first chicken...

Better stick to electrons...

I already knew that the egg came before the chicken and that In no way contradicts Varga's statement.

Now of course if you have verified proof that Varga himself actually said that, we all would like to see it...

Don't be silly.  Fargo is fake news.

Just like all the other offal conservatives/republicans/trump-suckers are so fond of...

Had never heard of it and consider investigating things conservatives watch on TV to be worse than a waste of time.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DD2957uWAAAZPmY.jpg

It's been my experience that seeing the intergluteal cleft of the nation in the rear view mirror while headed back to the mountains has always been quite pleasing...  

Got spoiled living in the high altitude state with lowest altitude over a km, the average two km and the highest 4.4 km. 

Other plus is that all the big cities are at least three hours away - in the summer - sometimes as much as six to eight hours - if the passes get closed by heavy snow and tourists in rental cars...

Before too many people got worried about offending people who might have money to spend, there were tee shirts and bumper stickers for sale many places that said things like "If God had meant Texans to ski, he would have made BS white" - "Keep Colorado Beautiful - put a Texan on the bus" - "If it's tourist season, why can't we shoot them?" and a favorite we adopted from Moab - "Die Yuppie Scum"   "We'll be skiing in hell when it freezes over"

Tourists can be fun - was riding the Silver Queen Gondola during a Christmas holiday season with one of the Aspen Ski Club kids, the kid's ski coach and a "fur bearer" - a wealthy non-skiing woman who was wearing easily 25 grand in fur and jewelry (in eighties money) who asked what was done with the bumps (moguls) in the summer - the coach explained that they were stored in a refrigerated building and used to make sno-cones in the summer, new ones were made in the late fall for the next ski season...   She said she never knew, and the coach said he was glad to explain...

Remember hearing a local tell how he had advised an out-of state first time hunter in elk season not to ever fart except inside the tent and at night - the elk would smell it and cross into the next valley if he did fart outside of the tent during the day.

The kids had a ski race one year up above where some of the Gay Ski Week festivities were held, but they did have to load the gondola down where lots of drag queens were having a drag queen skiing contest - so - they planned ahead, went to various hardware stores and bought flexible "EXIT ONLY" signs that they duct taped over their posteriors - to the vast amusement of the drag queens who took their photos and laughed and laughed...   

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 63

A group of academic researchers from (THE) Ohio State University selected just three lies from the hundreds that permiated the 2016 campaign - 1. Hillary's health was failing. 2. While Sec State, Hillary supplied weapons to ISIS and 3. Pope Francis endorsed Trump before the election. then they interviewed 1600 people, 583 of whom voted for Obama in 2012 but rejected Hillary in 2016. Turns out believing the lies accounted for more people rejecting Hillary than Trump's margine of victory in the swing states, so we now have our first Russian bot in the White House.

Please note that while Congress approved $120Million for the State Department to counter Russian interference in American elections, Trumps Adminsitration has spent not one dime, and why whould they? The Russians got Lemontop elected and his moronic base doesn't care that they've been manipulated.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 63

@alferdpackerwrote:

@aruzinskywrote:

@alferdpackerwrote:

@aruzinskywrote:

@alferdpackerwrote:

@aruzinskywrote:

An evolutionary geneticist/biologist would much more truthfully and accurately state that an egg is evolution's way for something that wasn't quite a chicken to make the first chicken...

Better stick to electrons...

I already knew that the egg came before the chicken and that In no way contradicts Varga's statement.

Now of course if you have verified proof that Varga himself actually said that, we all would like to see it...

Don't be silly.  Fargo is fake news.

Just like all the other offal conservatives/republicans/trump-suckers are so fond of...

Had never heard of it and consider investigating things conservatives watch on TV to be worse than a waste of time.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DD2957uWAAAZPmY.jpg

You are getting sleepy.
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.