Contributor

South Carolina is one Four States sharing Driver's License Info with Census

I'm from South Carolina. As long as they'll have my name, address and DOB, they might just as well have my SS# and last time I went to the dentist. That way the whole world can hack into my personal information. Our government doesn't need another way to lose my PRIVATE data.   https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/6989194-July-2-2020-Memorandum-of-Understanding-Between.html...   All this private data for $27,000.00 and free for anyone who hacks the system. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Oh I'm sure my government even knows what I had for breakfast this morning. But, to willingly offer up one more way to expose my personal information for "anyone who knows how to hack", out into cyber-land, is ridiculous. My government is the government but the rest of the world, not so nice!   And as far as the $27k goes, I think SC government is on the losing end but the state IT employees will see a win-win. (overtime and more management/development required) I see as a taxpayer nothing but lose-lose-lose.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

This info has been in the public domain since Nixon resigned.

Back in 1975, the NSA sent a note to the DEA which contained transcripts of a number of phone conversations placed on a number of pay phones in Grand Central Station NYC between unnamed individuals presumed to be American Citizens (which is why the names were not included) and named members of the Medellin drug cartel describing a huge shipment of cocaine that would arrive in Galveston aboard the (name of ship) on or about 12 July, packed in (whatever) etc etc.

This was accomplished with voice recognition software  and the computing power of the "stretch" IBM 360 computer, both of which have been improved substantially in the past 45 years.

Conclusion: Whatever the Government wants to know about you, they already know.

The ONLY protection we have is WHO WE ELECT to oversee all those highly capable gatherers of human intelligence.

Electing a psychopathic moron who appoints people as amoral and ignorant as he is to run those intelligence services along with every other government function has done more damage to our ability to act as a Nation against external threats than the KGB accomplished in 80 years of diligent work.

And we should be concerned about THE CENSUS???

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Olderscout66 said;

Electing a psychopathic moron who appoints people as amoral and ignorant as he is to run those intelligence services along with every other government function has done more damage to our ability to act as a Nation against external threats than the KGB accomplished in 80 years of diligent work.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't know you felt that way about Obama appointing Clapper and his royal band of idiots.

Nice!

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
Recognized Social Butterfly

Allen,

What you posted had me wondering what my state does.  When I googled "can you buy private data from South Carolina", I found this story:

https://www.wmbfnews.com/2019/03/27/south-carolina-dmv-selling-personal-information-millions-dollars...

From the story South Carolina issued statement:

“The Freedom of Information Act says everything a state agency holds is public information," SCDMV spokesperson Lauren Phillips said. "So it’s not a question of why or why not you do it. It’s a question of it’s the law, so you have to do it.”

California's position on that is "The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) is a federal law that is not applicable to requests for records of a state agency. As a result, we construe requests made under FOIA as inquiries under the California Public Records Act, the law which is applicable to California state government agency records."

Sounds like your legislators need to do something to correct this.

Honored Social Butterfly

Link no workie

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
0 Kudos
Contributor

No, you can't have the last word. 🙂

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png