Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Sore Loser Roy Moore Files a Lawsuit

Message 11 of 27

Doug Jones was certified as the winner of the election in Alabama. Using Roy Moore's own words, that was God's will.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Sore Loser Roy Moore Files a Lawsuit

Message 12 of 27

@Epster wrote:

Polygraph or no polygraph, the suit is about election integrity. I'm guessing we are all for that, so I say let this run its course.

The other issues will, one presumes, have a legal hearing and be decided by the courts. I'm in favor of that too. If it is found that any of the accusers are lying, I want the book thrown at both them and their lawyers. This kind of fraud is untenable.

How about "throwing the book" at Moore for starting this erroneous trash? What if they find nothing? Should Moore then have to pay for the cost of investigating and all court costs? Should he be fined and given jail time if nothing is found? Fair is fair, right?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 27

@Epster wrote:

Polygraph or no polygraph, the suit is about election integrity. I'm guessing we are all for that, so I say let this run its course.

The other issues will, one presumes, have a legal hearing and be decided by the courts. I'm in favor of that too. If it is found that any of the accusers are lying, I want the book thrown at both them and their lawyers. This kind of fraud is untenable.

Lawsuits should only be filed where there is a "good faith belief" that something has happened. 

If Moore's "proof" is "He attached a statement from a poll worker that she had noticed licenses from Georgia and North Carolina as people signed in to vote.", that is a ridiculous lawsuit to even file.  I guess Moore doesn't understand that people move and he cannot prove which candidate these voters voted for.  I guess he just can't accept the fact that his God would have let him lose.

This has NOTHING to do with election integrity, it is simply Moore's ego that is at stake.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Sore Loser Roy Moore Files a Lawsuit

Message 14 of 27

This type of reaction from Ray Moore empahsizes his lack of character. He couldn't congragulate Doug Jones, he can't admit that he lost, and most ironcially, he claimed the outcome is in God's hands. That last statement should be an interesting one after Doug Jones is declared the winner.

Using Roy Moore's logic, it appears as if God wanted Doug Jones to win. Of course members of the Alabama bible belt will never accept that form of logic.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 27

@Panjandrum wrote:

Olderscout66:  No surprise here. Republicans can only win by cheating, and when that fails, they cheat some more.

True. Another way to put it is Republicans never can legitimately lose, they only appear to lose because Democrats have cheated.Smiley Happy

20 years ago Republicans were anti lawsuit..claiming they were "frivolous", ruining segments of the economy ( healthcare ) and that lawyers, all Democrats, were out to ruin America. Enter the tea party. Now its common for Republicans to sue the government in a lose lose for the taxpayer..we pay for the people getting sued, we pay for the people that began the lawsuit, and  WE PAY FOR THEIR CRONY LAWYERS to make up these bogus claims. Its not going to stop, its going to get worse, And, as we see more JUDGES of the same ilk, the findings will more and more often will go to the Republicans, who promplty use our own taxes against us. All of a sudden, you dont hear many republicans bemoaning frivolous lawsuits..they have turned it into their gravy train.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 27

Olderscout66:  No surprise here. Republicans can only win by cheating, and when that fails, they cheat some more.

True. Another way to put it is Republicans never can legitimately lose, they only appear to lose because Democrats have cheated.Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 27

@Panjandrum wrote:

CriticalThinking:  He filed a lawsuit to try to stop Alabama from certifying Democrat Doug Jones as the winner of the U.S. Senate race.

Apparently Roy Moore hasn't had his fill of humiliation yet, so now he's going to be slapped down by Alabama's (Republican) Secretary of State. Go home Roy.

No surprise here. Republicans can only win by cheating, and when that fails, they cheat some more.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 27

CriticalThinking:  He filed a lawsuit to try to stop Alabama from certifying Democrat Doug Jones as the winner of the U.S. Senate race.

Apparently Roy Moore hasn't had his fill of humiliation yet, so now he's going to be slapped down by Alabama's (Republican) Secretary of State. Go home Roy.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 27

There's no "election integrity" associated with this lawsuit.

All it is, is another attempt by Republicans to keep a duly-elected Senator from taking his seat, the same way Republicans kept Al Franken from taking his seat for like the first 6 months of his term.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (13 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 27

@Epster wrote:

In our Democracy the rule of law will always be respected. and if he thinks that there was fraud let it be taken into consideration and resolved.

Regarding the allegations of sexual abuse, is going to be somewhat interesting to see in court. Mainly because, sexual harassment is always a she said he said situation without witnesses.

Now, if there are others besides the accusers that can provide verification to the allegations, then I am sure that the courts will provide the weight of that evidence that it deserves.

Throwing the book at them will probably won't happen. so, don't count on it. even if the allegations are proven false. Because again, being a she said he said situation. both could be right and both could be wrong.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

This AARP gamer plays to get back her art and identity after a health scare. Read Regan C.’s story, available now.

gamer Regan C.

Top Authors