Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Sore Loser Roy Moore Files a Lawsuit

Message 21 of 27

Polygraph or no polygraph, the suit is about election integrity. I'm guessing we are all for that, so I say let this run its course.

The other issues will, one presumes, have a legal hearing and be decided by the courts. I'm in favor of that too. If it is found that any of the accusers are lying, I want the book thrown at both them and their lawyers. This kind of fraud is untenable.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Sore Loser Roy Moore Files a Lawsuit

Message 22 of 27

Alferd said, "Moore has said that the Constitution is from God and not from man - and has also said that the Bill of Rights was only intended by God to be for Christians...

Could Roy pass a polygraph test on his certainty that those statements are true?

I suspect he could..."

I would agree with Alferd. Polygraph exams are designed to ascertain if someone is LYING. For example, someone is suspected of doing X and is claiming he or she didn't do it. If they're lying, the polygraph exam would almost always catch them (but NOT always). That's why they're inadmisable as evidence. But criminal investigators love them.

Since Moore probably believes the above god myth, he wouldn't be lying. Therefore, there would probably be no guilt reactions such as a sudden change in his blood presssure, etc.  Hence, this isn't a scenario where lying plays a role.

Having said that, polygraph exams are extremely reliable. That's why a defense attorney would almost never allow his or her client to take one. The lone exception is the case where the attorney is 100% convinced his or her client didn't commit the crime and the client wants to take the test to prove their innocence.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 27

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Alferd said, "Polygraph testing is not reliable - that's why polygraph tests are not admissible in court as evidence."

I disagree somewhat with Alferd . Polygraphs are an investigative tool, not an evidentiary one. They are not 100% reliable, but they're pretty close. Since they aren't 100% reliable, the results are inadmissable in a court of law.

However, investigators know how valuable polygraphs are, and for the most part, they're very reliable. Even though they can't be used as evidence, they often give criminal investigators the key insight they need to solve a case.

Unfortunately there's one group of suspects who can beat a polygraph and that would be psychopaths. They don't have any feelings of guilt or regret, so they can beat polygraphs.

Moore has said that the Constitution is from God and not from man - and has also said that First and Second Amendments - and others of the Bill of Rights was only intended by God to be for Christians...

Could Roy pass a polygraph test on his certainty that those statements are true?

I suspect he could...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 27

Alferd said, "Polygraph testing is not reliable - that's why polygraph tests are not admissible in court as evidence."

I disagree somewhat with Alferd . Polygraphs are an investigative tool, not an evidentiary one. They are not 100% reliable, but they're pretty close. Since they aren't 100% reliable, the results are inadmissable in a court of law.

However, investigators know how valuable polygraphs are, and for the most part, they're very reliable. Even though they can't be used as evidence, they often give criminal investigators the key insight they need to solve a case.

Unfortunately there's one group of suspects who can beat a polygraph and that would be psychopaths. They don't have any feelings of guilt or regret, so they can beat polygraphs.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 27

Roy Moore files complaint to delay election certification | AL.com

It must be noted that a polygraph (lie detector test) is not capable of determining whether a psychopath, a sociopath, or a religiously not completely sane person such as Roy Moore is telling the truth - additionally - we do not have the specific wording of questions posed to him, as well as the specific wording of his answers.

Polygraph testing is not reliable - that's why polygraph tests are not admissible in court as evidence.  

It has been repeatedly proved that one can successfully learn to lie and not have a polygraph test reveal it.

My oldest daughter, a practicing psychiatrist in the field of sexual dysfunction/sexual maladjustment has encountered prisoners/patients seeking parole/release who have come to firmly believe and vociferously insist that they did not perform actions that DNA had definitively proved that they performed, and insisted that DNA is flawed technology.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 27

@CriticalThinking  Can you share a link to the story? What's the lawsuit about? Why is he contesting certification? (I'm looking for his legal angle here, not your opinion of him as a man, btw)

Addendum after your edit: Thank you. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Message 27 of 27

Can you believe this is the same guy who was thrown off the Alabama Court for refusing to follow the law of the land? He filed a lawsuit to try to stop Alabama from certifying Democrat Doug Jones as the winner of the U.S. Senate race. Suddenly, the law's become important to Roy Moore.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/28/roy-moore-files-suit-to-block-certification-of-alabama-senate-electi...

Kudos
Views
Replies