Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Some possible responses from Mexico

Message 1 of 6

The conversation I wanted to overhear was Trump and Theresa May.  When Mexican President Peña Nieto called Trump a liar about whether they discussed paying for the wall, May made **bleep** sure Trump repeated in public the assurances he made in private.  Does it hurt a country when other leaders think he is a weasel?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 6

Rich, do you really find that irrational? Of course, we all know that they came from Mexico in order to be in the US. 
Of course many came by plane with tourist visas and never left. so those will be easy to identify LOL>

Did you ever think that the US was ever going to be able to dump everyone into Mexico? Are you aware as to the inmigration laws in Mexico and who can work in Mexico?

Well, Mr Trump better have a real nice talk with most of Central American countries and tell them what his plans are going to be.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 6

Mexico's Foreign Minister announced yesterday that Mexico will no longer accept U.S. deportees who are citizens of other central and south American countries. There has been a long standing agreement between the U.S. and Mexico that they would accept the deportees and transport them to their southern border. It appears we will now have to a) identify the country of citizenship then b) get that country to accept them and c) fly them from the U.S.  

Oh Donny boy, what have you wrought?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 6

Relax Posters - Mexico will pay for the Wall and more Border Patrolmen , Iraq's Oil will pay for our Infrastructure and the Wealthiest will get more Tax Cuts because we wont need any stinking Tax Dollars. Mexico and Iraq's Oil will pay off our deficit !

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 6

I wish that I could have been a fly in the wall so that I could have really listen to that conversation. 
Ever since I can remember, Mexico has forever  blocked many initiatives that the US have presented at the OEA. (the Organization of Countries of the American Continent.) It is an organization that deals with matters pertaining to countries in this Continent. Similar to the UN.
I don't think that too many are familiar with the history of that Organization. but since I had knowm about it, three countries have always veto anything that the US had wanted to pass. they are Argentina, Uruguay and Mexico. 
I imagine now that there are others like Venezuela, and other Central American countries.

It is my belief, that Mexicans have never forgiven the US for taking their lands and in my view, they have always carried that chip on their shoulder.Too many times they have nationalized Amercian propertiies in Mexico and have devaluated their  money in order to provoque the US.  I don't think that any of this has happened since NAFTA. because yes, this Trade Agreement has been the best thing that has happened to Mexico since the Spaniards colonize  them.
Mexican enjoy dual citizenship. so in a way, even if they become American citizens they will always be considered Mexicans. yes, they are that proud. 
So dealing with them will not be easy. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Some possible responses from Mexico

Message 6 of 6

You would not know it from listening to Trump but the Mexican's are a proud people. They also have a long history of practicing guerrilla warfare and insurrection.  Trump has concentrated on what he can do to the Mexican economy but, as usual, has not thought of what they can do to us. 

First, Trump may have a hard time proving that the undocumented aliens he plans to deport are from Mexico.  Many have been here for years and have no documentation other than what they have acquired here. So, Trump has them arrested and then they spend years in expensive detention facilities under the watchful eye of the press and international observers. Oh joy. 

Second, Mexico detained over 220,000 central American refugees along its southern border with a pretty effective interdiction program. If they simply allow anyone though who is planning on travel to the United States, it is not unlikely that we will see close to a million new undocumented immigrants cross our borders. 

So, we won't be able to get rid of the ones we have and we will have many more being chased by a steadily increasing  and expensive deportation force. 

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors