AARP's caregiver resource center can help you navigate your role as a family caregiver. Try it today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Socialized medicine and single payer plans

Message 291 of 299

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Gail, please stop with the distortions. Single Payer is not free healthcare and it certainly isn't Medicaid for All. The following sounds pretty good to me.

Single-payer national health insurance, also known as “Medicare for all,” is a system in which a single public or quasi-public agency organizes health care financing, but the delivery of care remains largely in private hands. Under a single-payer system, residents of the U.S. would be covered for all medically necessary services, including doctor, hospital, preventive, long-term care, mental health, reproductive health care, dental, vision, prescription drug and medical supply costs.

Citizens would pay a premium just like they do for Medicare Part B.

What you described could be a concept under Medicare for All or Medicaid for All.  Several states are looking into the later - New Mexico to name one.

Medicaid for All - a system in which a single public or quasi-public agency organizes health care financing, but the delivery of care remains largely in private hands. Under a single-payer system, residents of the U.S. would be covered for all medically necessary services, including doctor, hospital, preventive, long-term care, mental health, reproductive health care, dental, vision, prescription drug and medical supply costs.

This description is closer to Medicaid for all - 

Where did you find the financing or part of it describe as "Citizens would pay a premium just like they do for Medicare Part B." ?

To my knowledge there has been no details of how the funding would take place - who, what, when or where - there have been some other plan developments by a few states, think tanks, etc. where methods of financing, Premiums, deductibles, copays and even coverage items have been discussed.  Most agree that employers will have some funding input - that is what really sunk Green Mountain care - when the employer % kept going up - how much would you think their part should be?

So, in concept, we agree about what it is but past that, there are lots of fill in the important items before you can even begin to talk about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ then from there . . . . . . From whom?????

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 292 of 299
rker posted..

Dear Kidboy. I realize that you don't like the Canadian system but, there are many other countries that have a National Health care system. perhaps if you would simply see which one you think it would be good for you You may find one that you like, FYI in many National Health Care systems Dr's and health practitioners are not government employees like here in the Vets Hospitals. and they even have Private insurance that you could buy if you wanted to

============================================================

You kind of made my point when you posted.." FYI in many National Health Care systems Dr's and health practitioners are not government employees like here in the Vets Hospitals. and they even have Private insurance that you could buy if you wanted to"

Private insurance...why would they want private insurance if national health care is so great?

The VA doctors ...as far as I know they are government employees as are the VA Hospitals.
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Socialized medicine and single payer plans

Message 293 of 299

Gail, please stop with the distortions. Single Payer is not free healthcare and it certainly isn't Medicaid for All. The following sounds pretty good to me.

Single-payer national health insurance, also known as “Medicare for all,” is a system in which a single public or quasi-public agency organizes health care financing, but the delivery of care remains largely in private hands. Under a single-payer system, residents of the U.S. would be covered for all medically necessary services, including doctor, hospital, preventive, long-term care, mental health, reproductive health care, dental, vision, prescription drug and medical supply costs.

Citizens would pay a premium just like they do for Medicare Part B.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 294 of 299

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Trump Cult members are allergic to facts. Other than Trump Cult Members, nobody's talking about free healthcare for all 

Heck, let's just call it " MEDICAID For All " and tell them it is free  -

Many won't even know the difference - if the do, just say your taxes went up.

Course, if we attach some of the taxes onto the employers which is most likely, we will have to remind the employees of where their last raise went - to their national single payer healthcare coverage. 

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 295 of 299

@KidBoy2 wrote\

And the Doctors do not want to be a government employees...that is telling!

I look at Canada were they have a two tier system. They have government clinics and there are private clinics were you have to pay or have private insurance to get treated. I think that will happen in the US if we get Medicare for all. Many in Canada that can afford it go to private clinics were they do not have to wait a long time to get treated.

Dear Kidboy.  I  realize that you don't like the Canadian system but, there are many other countries that have a National Health care system. perhaps if you would simply see which one you think it would be good for you  You may find one that you like,  FYI  in  many National Health Care systems Dr's and health practitioners are not government employees like here in the Vets Hospitals. and they even have Private insurance that you could buy if you wanted to.

I

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 296 of 299

@jj4783 wrote:

Sounds great free health care for all.  Where is the money coming from?  Will we all be taxed like they are in Europe at 70 to 75% of your earnings?  Estimates for these plans run as high as 43 trillion dollars for ten years.  If you take all our earnings rich and poor there is not enough money for just free health care much less education, food stamps etc...........  Free is never free. 

You seem to only  learn what you want to learn about a National Heath Care system. and you are correct, they are not free. Each country that has a National Health Care system has Taylor that system to accommodate their personal needs. one shoe doesn't fit all.
And yes, we all need to pay for our health care, I am sure that you pay for yours. so, why wouldn't you want to have all pay for health care?

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 297 of 299

Trump Cult members are allergic to facts. Other than Trump Cult Members, nobody's talking about free healthcare for all 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 298 of 299
‎jj4783 posted..

Sounds great free health care for all. Where is the money coming from? Will we all be taxed like they are in Europe at 70 to 75% of your earnings? Estimates for these plans run as high as 43 trillion dollars for ten years. If you take all our earnings rich and poor there is not enough money for just free health care much less education, food stamps etc........... Free is never free.

========================================================

And the Doctors do not want to be a government employees...that is telling!

I look at Canada were they have a two tier system. They have government clinics and there are private clinics were you have to pay or have private insurance to get treated. I think that will happen in the US if we get Medicare for all. Many in Canada that can afford it go to private clinics were they do not have to wait a long time to get treated.

I

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Message 299 of 299

Sounds great free health care for all.  Where is the money coming from?  Will we all be taxed like they are in Europe at 70 to 75% of your earnings?  Estimates for these plans run as high as 43 trillion dollars for ten years.  If you take all our earnings rich and poor there is not enough money for just free health care much less education, food stamps etc...........  Free is never free. 

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs