Esteemed Social Butterfly

Social Distancing Stickers REMOVED Before Rally

From the Washington Post:

In the hours before his rally in Tulsa, President Trump’s campaign directed the removal of thousands of “Do Not Sit Here, Please!” stickers from seats in the arena that were intended to establish social distance between rallygoers, according to video and photos obtained by The Washington Post and a person familiar with the event.

The removal contradicted instructions from the management of the BOK Center, the 19,000-seat arena in downtown Tulsa where Trump held his rally on June 20. At the time, coronavirus cases were rising sharply in Tulsa County, and Trump faced intense criticism for convening a large crowd for an indoor political rally, his first such event since the start of the pandemic.

As part of its safety plan, arena management had purchased 12,000 do-not-sit stickers for Trump’s rally, intended to keep people apart by leaving open seats between attendees. On the day of the rally, event staff had already affixed them on nearly every other seat in the arena when Trump’s campaign told event management to stop and then began removing the stickers, hours before the president’s arrival, according to a person familiar with the event who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal matters.

(Read the rest and see the video at above link.)

I am so incredulous, I can't even comment on this.

Geez, seems like yesterday Pence was saying ignore the social distancing guidelines and mask as we had reach a plateau.

Yet, today his bus campaign is postponed as Coronavirus infections skyrocket.

Practically choked on my coffee, as I watched the news, fastest turn-around in history of TP🤣.

TP= t/pence not toilet paper, although🤣

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!

@Frozenoem wrote:

Geez, seems like yesterday Pence was saying ignore the social distancing guidelines and mask as we had reach a plateau.

Yet, today his bus campaign is postponed as Coronavirus infections skyrocket.

Practically choked on my coffee, as I watched the news, fastest turn-around in history of TP🤣.

TP= t/pence not toilet paper, although🤣

Froze

The T/P campaign.  I like that acronym, especially since it is going down the  🚽.

Imagine that, Pence postponing events in AZ and FL.  Gee, I can't figure out why Mikey would feel so paranoid. 🤔

It seems like his boss has retreated to his sterile bubble, even canceling his NJ golf outing this weekend.  Oh, that's right.  He wants to monitor the hordes of rapists and murderers attacking DC this weekend.  🙄

@MsStretch 

He went to VA today for his fix.

https://youtu.be/Zwl39v7FGFs 

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Honored Social Butterfly

@Frozenoem wrote:

@MsStretch 

He went to VA today for his fix.

https://youtu.be/Zwl39v7FGFs 

Froze

I wonder what was spent on this trip?  That could have purchased an awful lot of test kits and/or masks.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
0 Kudos

Spoiler
Give it a day someone will come up with a figure Exact , on how much for a detail of SEcret Service, car, helicopter, fuel, golf carts, etc probably less than $128,152 for the day. Or is that what the death count is today.

Froze
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png